Non smoking

Old Apr 4th 2011, 8:19 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Non smoking

Great news (well apart from for your trainer).

It woudl be good to set give yourself a reward for this weekend.... Spa, shopping, meal out, whatever flicks your switch but a "well done me" treat for making a week ....
Old Apr 4th 2011, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Welivehere
Great news (well apart from for your trainer).

It woudl be good to set give yourself a reward for this weekend.... Spa, shopping, meal out, whatever flicks your switch but a "well done me" treat for making a week ....
Sounds like the Larry Hagman quit smoking video..He bought himself a new cowboy hat when he had 'saved' enough money. Apparantly, the psychology of such behaviour is not beneficial and leads to self deceit. But hey, can't trust everything you read.

Though they are foul, I find the nicorette gum worked for me. It releases the nicottine faster than the patches, so the cravings subsided faster. 'Therapeutic nicotine'..a lol. You also have the wonderfully bizarre eCigarettes now..not quite sure what to make of those. At least they're not called the iFag.
Old Apr 4th 2011, 12:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I am in the foulest mood today! God help anyone that crosses me- hear me roar!!!
Old Apr 5th 2011, 12:22 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Non smoking

Keep it going . At some point it stops getting harder and starts getting easier (apparently).
Old Apr 5th 2011, 12:33 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paracletus
Sounds like the Larry Hagman quit smoking video..He bought himself a new cowboy hat when he had 'saved' enough money. Apparantly, the psychology of such behaviour is not beneficial and leads to self deceit. But hey, can't trust everything you read.

Though they are foul, I find the nicorette gum worked for me. It releases the nicottine faster than the patches, so the cravings subsided faster. 'Therapeutic nicotine'..a lol. You also have the wonderfully bizarre eCigarettes now..not quite sure what to make of those. At least they're not called the iFag.
The effects of Nicotine withdrawal are relatively mild, it's the psychological barrier that's the trickiest.

The best course has to be cut out the nicotine completely, surely? And that must go for any 'substitution' strategy, these seemed doomed to failure.

Originally Posted by kittycat1
I am in the foulest mood today! God help anyone that crosses me- hear me roar!!!
Hope that book finds it's way to you, it'll reprogram you nicely ... You aren't missing out on anything good therefore there is nothing to crave

Smoker's will envy you ... <drifts off into endless Allen Carrisms>
Old Apr 6th 2011, 10:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

On day 5 and back into super bitch mode- anyone any tips for controling the mood swings? One poor girl in my office has had her head bitten off about 5 times today!
Old Apr 6th 2011, 10:37 am
Expat Brat

K8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura about

On day 5 and back into super bitch mode- anyone any tips for controling the mood swings? One poor girl in my office has had her head bitten off about 5 times today!
Do they know you've stopped - I told my colleagues, and they were all really sweet - I also had to do a massive round of apologies and a cake for everyone once I felt I was over the worst of it. I know it might sound strange, but I used to walk around with a pen in my mouth, sometimes just the action of pretending to smoke calmed me down - it's psychosomatic.

The other thing - gum or skittles, sorry I can't be of any further help, but I'm cheering from the sidelines *yay*
Old Apr 6th 2011, 11:07 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Tips: cut out all nicotine immediately and buy alen Carrs book.
After smoking for 21 years I gave ip dead in January and haven't had any nicotine since, no cravings no tempers etc etc.
Spent 20 yrs telling myself it would be hard, Id snap be grumpy and all that BUT read that book and it was a piece of piss. No moods no temper no headaches the only hard bit was and still is the habit, ie have eaten so now I need a fag had a beer so need a fag, its mental nonsense as Im not craving a fag its just a very old habit I'm still overcoming.

I hate jumbo jumbo bs and psycho babble bullishit as a rule but I swear I read that book and stopped smoking before I'd even finished reading it. A friend recommended it to me several years ago and I kind of brushed it off but now I'm a non smoker I will be buying him a beer when he's back in town as a thank you.

Stop telling yourself its hard, it really isn't, it's a trick your addiction is playing on you on the way home tonight go buy that book it's less than 60 aed and will change your life.

Oh and I'm not a rabid ex smoker who now hates all smokers I just regret not stoping years ago
Old Apr 6th 2011, 12:40 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Does anybody have, or know where I can get, a soft copy of Alan Carr's book?
Old Apr 6th 2011, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

GolfGardener has a brilliant futureGolfGardener has a brilliant futureGolfGardener has a brilliant futureGolfGardener has a brilliant futureGolfGardener has a brilliant futureGolfGardener has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Does anybody have, or know where I can get, a soft copy of Alan Carr's book?
If you're in AD I've got a copy you can have, as I hope I won't be needing it any more. I second the recommendations on here.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 5:30 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GolfGardener
If you're in AD I've got a copy you can have, as I hope I won't be needing it any more. I second the recommendations on here.
Thanks GG, but I managed to get a soft copy. Cheers.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 6:22 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
Tips: cut out all nicotine immediately and buy alen Carrs book.
After smoking for 21 years I gave ip dead in January and haven't had any nicotine since, no cravings no tempers etc etc.
Spent 20 yrs telling myself it would be hard, Id snap be grumpy and all that BUT read that book and it was a piece of piss. No moods no temper no headaches the only hard bit was and still is the habit, ie have eaten so now I need a fag had a beer so need a fag, its mental nonsense as Im not craving a fag its just a very old habit I'm still overcoming.

I hate jumbo jumbo bs and psycho babble bullishit as a rule but I swear I read that book and stopped smoking before I'd even finished reading it. A friend recommended it to me several years ago and I kind of brushed it off but now I'm a non smoker I will be buying him a beer when he's back in town as a thank you.

Stop telling yourself its hard, it really isn't, it's a trick your addiction is playing on you on the way home tonight go buy that book it's less than 60 aed and will change your life.

Oh and I'm not a rabid ex smoker who now hates all smokers I just regret not stoping years ago
I brought the book but it was too big to smoke and I had difficulty reading it while putting tobacco in my pipe.

N.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 6:32 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I brought the book but it was too big to smoke and I had difficulty reading it while putting tobacco in my pipe.

N.
shouldve put it in your pipe then
Old Apr 7th 2011, 6:36 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Thanks GG, but I managed to get a soft copy. Cheers.
Piracy is just not cool kids
Old Apr 11th 2011, 3:52 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel central
Piracy is just not cool kids
Thanks for the advice Grandad!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.