Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Old Jun 18th 2009, 10:14 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Originally Posted by AVillain
Hi all,

Have been a viewer for the past coupple of weeks so as I have nothing better to do at work this afternoon thought I should join and say hello.

Have been in Dubai since 18th April this year, so I am very wet between the ears but am really enjoying the lifestyle so far, didn't know what to expect so came with an open mind...the only thing that annoys me so far is the taxi drivers, but my visa is due any day so going to get my driving licence asap after that!

Come from Gloucestershire originally and this is my first time working abroad so all a big adventure at the moment.

Will try not to ask any stupid questions that have been posted a million times, but no promises of course.

That'll be the humidity, that will.....

...and Im pretty sure you meant BEHIND the ears........if its BETWEEN anything, we prefer the word 'damp'....

Ceud Mille Failte, AV......
Old Jun 18th 2009, 10:15 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
oh please stick around...there's a few on here that don't...
But plenty of us that do...!!!!!!!
Old Jun 18th 2009, 10:31 am
Banned

AVillain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TGFKASE

...and Im pretty sure you meant BEHIND the ears........if its BETWEEN anything, we prefer the word 'damp'....

I blame that school boy error on my fat finger typing skills.....or I could be honest and admit to being a bit thick, that'll be the Gloucestershire boy coming out, we're not very bright in the West Country.

The heat is killing me already, and everyone says it gets much worse, and I am a real pale face...but I chose to move here so will stay in the air conditioned buildings
Old Jun 18th 2009, 10:34 am
Banned

Originally Posted by TGFKASE

...and Im pretty sure you meant BEHIND the ears........if its BETWEEN anything, we prefer the word 'damp'.... or 'moist'
Old Jun 18th 2009, 10:51 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

...and Im pretty sure you meant BEHIND the ears........if its BETWEEN anything, we prefer the word 'damp'.... or 'moist'
You cant say that... has FAR too many sexual connotations, and one thing I cannot STAND on this bored is cyber-flirting....
Old Jun 18th 2009, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

954RR has a spectacular aura about954RR has a spectacular aura about954RR has a spectacular aura about

The heat is killing me already, and everyone says it gets much worse,
You will get sick of the phrase "Oh you wait till August"
Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:02 am
Banned

Originally Posted by 954RR
You will get sick of the phrase "Oh you wait till August"
haha yeah I have heard that a few times already...At times it is like walking around on a hot summers day with someone stood in front of you with a hot air heater blowing in your face...can't wait for August...
Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:17 am
Banned

Phil A is an unknown quantity at this point

I hadn't noticed that, the Scots get everywhere don't they, I have never met a Scot that doesn't have a great sense of humour before though, so should be good for a laugh!

Paperwork is a bit of a nightmare, and how many photo's have I had to provide! Alcohol licence is next on the list

been reading this forum for a while and especially registered just now to say when I was in Dubai Mall yesterday, saw a stall near Waitrose selling language CDs and the one that caught my eye was Learn to Speak Scottish

probably comes with an foreword from Andrew Murray
Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:19 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Phil A

been reading this forum for a while and especially registered just now to say when I was in Dubai Mall yesterday, saw a stall near Waitrose selling language CDs and the one that caught my eye was Learn to Speak Scottish

GREAT, this gets me off the hook as the new boy and everyone can slate Phil now.....relief
Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:22 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

welcome...
Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:22 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

GREAT, this gets me off the hook as the new boy and everyone can slate Phil now.....relief
if only life was that simple...
Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:26 am
Banned

Hi all,

Have been a viewer for the past coupple of weeks so as I have nothing better to do at work this afternoon thought I should join and say hello.

Have been in Dubai since 18th April this year, so I am very wet between the ears but am really enjoying the lifestyle so far, didn't know what to expect so came with an open mind...the only thing that annoys me so far is the taxi drivers, but my visa is due any day so going to get my driving licence asap after that!

Come from Gloucestershire originally and this is my first time working abroad so all a big adventure at the moment.

Will try not to ask any stupid questions that have been posted a million times, but no promises of course.
Taxi drivers are a nightmare here. I came out the Grosvenor House one night and the next guy in the queue refused to take me to my destination because it wasnt a lucrative enough job for him - so thinking I would have the same problem with the next taxi (and he would be right to refuse of course because I'm not strictly his fare) I ended up offering Biju Baby double fare. The biggest gripe I that some of the drivers dont seem to know the way from Marina to Internet City.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:26 am
Banned

I'm British and I'm proud - not really a reason to slate a fella?

Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

954RR has a spectacular aura about954RR has a spectacular aura about954RR has a spectacular aura about

when I was in Dubai Mall yesterday, saw a stall near Waitrose selling language CDs and the one that caught my eye was Learn to Speak Scottish
Do I take then that you are not of Scots descent?
Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

aberdeensiregirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Nah it was probably written by Rab Nesbit!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.