beau_ryan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Maze Tower if that helps?

Thanks!!
Old Aug 27th 2013, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

Royal3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am currently residing in Derby (UK) where I have lived all my life however soon to start my new job in Fujairah (UAE). I am married and have three children who are also looking forward to a their new life in the UAE as much as I am.

In my spare time, I enjoy motorsports and golf. Both myself and the wife have visited the UAE some years ago when my parents were living in Abu Dhabi, however I believe it's a lot different now
Old Aug 28th 2013, 6:35 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Royal3
I am currently residing in Derby (UK) where I have lived all my life however soon to start my new job in Fujairah (UAE). I am married and have three children who are also looking forward to a their new life in the UAE as much as I am.

In my spare time, I enjoy motorsports and golf. Both myself and the wife have visited the UAE some years ago when my parents were living in Abu Dhabi, however I believe it's a lot different now
Fujeirah is more like AD was 20 years ago...
Old Aug 28th 2013, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Meow
Fujeirah is more like AD was 20 years ago...
Haven't seen or heard about a golf course of any type in FUJ, but I am not a golfer. Have you checked there are suitable schools for your children there? Few expats there although I have heard it is increasing due to new pipeline. Good luck.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

ADteacher is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello! Have posted a few times already but thought I'd introduce myself!

Moved to AD last week. Am 26 yo female teacher! Starting to crave activites now that don't involve a trip to the mall, which is currently the only thing I seem to be doing!
Old Aug 31st 2013, 2:01 pm
FSS
Just Joined

FSS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I am a 22 year old female who has just moved from the UK to work in Dubai as a Teacher. Looking forward to meeting new friends and echo the sentiment of ADteacher (looking for things to do which do not involve going to the Mall)
Old Aug 31st 2013, 2:14 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Royal3

Hello

Originally Posted by ADteacher
Hello! Have posted a few times already but thought I'd introduce myself!

Moved to AD last week. Am 26 yo female teacher! Starting to crave activites now that don't involve a trip to the mall, which is currently the only thing I seem to be doing!
Hello
Originally Posted by FSS
Hi,
I am a 22 year old female who has just moved from the UK to work in Dubai as a Teacher. Looking forward to meeting new friends and echo the sentiment of ADteacher (looking for things to do which do not involve going to the Mall)
Hello

Welcome to you all!! I hope you enjoy being part of our little virtual BE community
Old Sep 10th 2013, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

talulamercedes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
Just thought it would be nice for newbies to go introduce yourselves to folks here before diving in and asking questions, especially if you've not taken the time to check out the wiki or had a quick search for those common questions, spending a bit of time doing that goes a long way into getting help from folks without the shirty comments, it's the least you can do if you expect people to answer everything for you

So where are you from?
Got any kids?
Hobbies?
Whatever else

Oh and don't forget, different time zones and the weekend isn't Sat/Sun, so don't get shirty if you don't get a reply straight away
Hi everyone! Just came across this... So I am moving to Abu Dhabi from London in November. New husband in tow (no kids yet though, definitely a good few years off!) Hobbies are watching any sport (except golf) and playing quite a few of them. My husband is a massive ice hockey fan being from Colorado (don't know if anyone else on here is). Can beaches be a hobby? Oh and we're both pretty decent at pub quizzes if there is one in Abu Dhabi going on!
Old Sep 10th 2013, 2:44 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by talulamercedes
Hi everyone! Just came across this... So I am moving to Abu Dhabi from London in November. New husband in tow (no kids yet though, definitely a good few years off!) Hobbies are watching any sport (except golf) and playing quite a few of them. My husband is a massive ice hockey fan being from Colorado (don't know if anyone else on here is). Can beaches be a hobby? Oh and we're both pretty decent at pub quizzes if there is one in Abu Dhabi going on!
With that cheerful and positive attitude you'll do well. Suggest you get a copy of Time Out as that lists all sorts of things that are going on, including pub quizzes.

And welcome to BE. Do stick around.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 4:46 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by talulamercedes
Welcome to BE!
Old Oct 12th 2013, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

Carnwaj is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

New to the forums so please be kind.

In the final stages of agreeing the 'big move' to AD just waiting on the final contract. I'll then hand in my notice in the UK and three months later I'll almost be in AD.

This forum has been great so a big thank you to everyone who posts such useful information and comment.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 9:19 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carnwaj
Hi

In the final stages of agreeing the 'big move' to AD just waiting on the final contract. I'll then hand in my notice in the UK and three months later I'll almost be in AD.

This forum has been great so a big thank you to everyone who posts such useful information and comment.
welcome to BE
Old Oct 14th 2013, 2:35 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE!! Hope you enjoy being part of our community.

Originally Posted by Carnwaj
Hi

Old Oct 19th 2013, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

beccajoh is just really nicebeccajoh is just really nicebeccajoh is just really nicebeccajoh is just really nicebeccajoh is just really nicebeccajoh is just really nicebeccajoh is just really nicebeccajoh is just really nice

Just saying hello! My husband and I might be relocating to KSA in the coming months. He works in tv and I'm a full time mum to our 15 month old daughter. Also got another baby under construction, boy due in January. Smaller age gap than we were planning for, but these things happen I guess!

Finding lots of useful info on this site. When we first heard about the job there was no way in hell i was going to agree to move to KSA, but I think compound life might suit me quite nicely! I could afford to hire a cleaner for a start I'm sure it won't be easy but I've read lots, good and bad, so hopefully going in with our eyes open.

Last edited by beccajoh; Oct 19th 2013 at 12:22 pm.
Old Oct 19th 2013, 12:31 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Originally Posted by beccajoh
Just saying hello! My husband and I might be relocating to KSA in the coming months. He works in tv and I'm a full time mum to our 15 month old daughter. Also got another baby under construction, boy due in January. Smaller age gap than we were planning for, but these things happen I guess!

Finding lots of useful info on this site. When we first heard about the job there was no way in hell i was going to agree to move to KSA, but I think compound life might suit me quite nicely! I could afford to hire a cleaner for a start I'm sure it won't be easy but I've read lots, good and bad, so hopefully going in with our eyes open.
Welcome to BE, and congrats on your soon to be new arrival.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.