Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

Old Aug 23rd 2011, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Newbies....Introduce yourselves to the ME crowd

My friend turned around at the airport. I was impressed.
Old Aug 24th 2011, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by hotsawz
That sounds like a pretty good todo list.

What about foods, sights, sounds and smells. What should I make sure I get done as a matter of priority?
The big bus tour is quite good for intial arrival for your bearings and some info about the place.

Buy Time Out or What's On (out every week) for recommendations on where to go, where to eat, etc.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

scot-ish has a spectacular aura aboutscot-ish has a spectacular aura aboutscot-ish has a spectacular aura about

hey im new here too,

My missus has just moved to Fujairah this week, and it seems i might be following on soon enough, although were not married, and i believe living together might not be the done thing???

anyways, we're young-ish from Scotland, she's a teacher, Im a marine engineer in the North Sea 7weeks on, 7 weeks off, and i hope to spend most if not all of my 7 weeks in UAE

ive had a nosey through a bit of the forum, but my internet onboard is quite slow, so it takes a time to load, so please excuse if i ask questions that are easily searched-if you've got decent internet.

i was wondering, what would be a rough estimate on accomodation, all included, in fujairah PCM? from what i can find so far, it will be around £1000 - does this sound about right?

thanks in advance

Jamie
Old Aug 26th 2011, 1:33 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

sounds about right, and welcome again to BE
Old Aug 28th 2011, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

DonP is a jewel in the roughDonP is a jewel in the roughDonP is a jewel in the roughDonP is a jewel in the rough

Hi all,

Im Don,, a geordie,, working in Afghanistan,, on my way to dubai next month, was hoping to meet english speakers,, you have ni idea what its like to constanly listen to locals here lol,,, looking forward to a beer or two and maybe some company... thanks all
Old Aug 29th 2011, 5:19 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DonP
Hi all,

Im Don,, a geordie,, working in Afghanistan,, on my way to dubai next month, was hoping to meet english speakers,, you have ni idea what its like to constanly listen to locals here lol,,, looking forward to a beer or two and maybe some company... thanks all
Hello Don, welcome to BE, I am Geordie too
Old Aug 29th 2011, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

simcalreet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Hello Don, welcome to BE, I am Geordie too
And me too! Hello Don by the way!
Old Aug 29th 2011, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simcalreet
Good grief............ get a room, you lot............
Old Aug 29th 2011, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough1967tazz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by simcalreet
Yep, me too! Haway Don, come on in...
Old Aug 30th 2011, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Good grief............ get a room, you lot............
Just because you are "Billy no mates" darling!
Old Aug 30th 2011, 4:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Just because you are "Billy no mates" darling!
Oh I don't know....... there are at least three of us Bedfordshire boys who hang around this neck of the woods...............

........... plus a few more no doubt who simply haven't 'come out' yet due to the social embarrassment and stigma implications...............
Old Sep 1st 2011, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

DaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all! Just dropping by to say hi. In the Philippines now but really missed BE.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 12:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DaWarrior
Hi all! Just dropping by to say hi. In the Philippines now but really missed BE.
We miss you too.................

............ who are you?
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 9:13 am
Just Joined

greg ross is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
Just thought it would be nice for newbies to go introduce yourselves to folks here before diving in and asking questions, especially if you've not taken the time to check out the wiki or had a quick search for those common questions, spending a bit of time doing that goes a long way into getting help from folks without the shirty comments, it's the least you can do if you expect people to answer everything for you

So where are you from?
Got any kids?
Hobbies?
Whatever else

Oh and don't forget, different time zones and the weekend isn't Sat/Sun, so don't get shirty if you don't get a reply straight away
Hi there everyone
I am Greg, i have been been here in dubai for about 3 months now.
I am a currently single, 41 years old.
i will ask where all the fun is to be had later lol
best regards
Greg
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Greg and welcome

Does the wife know you are currently single or are you genuinely single? Wife being in a different country does not count - have I been in Dubai too long lol

Anyway welcome to the bored.

Kittycat
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.