My heart goes out

Old Jun 27th 2010, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My heart goes out

Originally Posted by Sandboy
having a smoking section in a bar is like having a pissing section in a pool and the smoking rooms are all dismal and dirty because of the smokers shirley ?
Shirley? Who is Shirley?
Anyhow, no, the rooms are dirty because they are not cleaned as all other rooms are.
and your other reasoning I won't even reply to...lol
Old Jun 27th 2010, 11:30 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
having a smoking section in a bar is like having a pissing section in a pool and the smoking rooms are all dismal and dirty because of the smokers shirley ?
When the smoking ban was being planned for Scotland, the original idea was to state that, if a premise made the majority of their income from food sales, it would be non-smoking. I and most smokers had no problem eith that..

However, the frikkin' nanny state then stated that it was gonna carpet - bomb every pub in the land..

More local pubs have closed their doors during the time the ban has been in place than at any other time.

All because the non-smokers who so vehemently cried that they WOULD frequent the pubs more when they were smoke-free didn't....
Old Jun 27th 2010, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ctfc
And as the classic chat-up line goes, you only like a cigarette after sex?
I always remember an advert on a radio station in Mozambique which broadcast from Maputo under it's colonial name, Laurenso Marques? (Excuse the spelling) This was in the 1960's

It went something like:

After action,
Satisfaction,
Man, smoke a Lexington!!!
Old Jun 27th 2010, 11:52 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE

All because the non-smokers who so vehemently cried that they WOULD frequent the pubs more when they were smoke-free didn't....
they now hang around outside throwing fag butts onto the road and pavement and generally make the whole street look untidy.

Smokers should be shot
Old Jun 27th 2010, 11:54 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
they now hang around outside throwing fag butts onto the road and pavement and generally make the whole street look untidy.

Smokers should be shot
Whilst inside the bar is empty.......!!!?!?!?!?!
Old Jun 27th 2010, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Dean
You 'force' them if you smoke in an environment (say, a closed room) where they are unable to make a choice to leave, or see no reason why they should.

Smoking is thankfully banned now in many places where people assemble in common in the UK (bars and most restaurants, for example).

Out here, I'm now a smoker - I've never even had a puff of a cigarette, but I must inhale quite a few while watching football in smoky bars. My clothes certainly smell like they belong to a heavy smoker.
I couldn't agree more.

As a non smoker you don't stand a chance in pubs in Dubai.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 11:58 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
I couldn't agree more.

As a non smoker you don't stand a chance in pubs in Dubai.
What gets me is this. Ever since you were old enough to enter a bar and buy a drink, you stood shoulder to shoulder with smokers..

So why not have pubs that are for non-smokers and pubs for smokers...

Oh, thats right, its already proven that takings plummet when a business targets itself at only a fraction of their possible customer base...
Old Jun 27th 2010, 12:02 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst inside the bar is empty.......!!!?!?!?!?!
na, its a wetherspoons...cheap beer..
Old Jun 27th 2010, 12:03 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

na, its a wetherspoons...cheap beer..
..and nae music on either....
Old Jun 27th 2010, 12:05 pm
banned

..and nae music on either....
curry and a pint on a thursday for a fiver though
Old Jun 27th 2010, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

In Australia banning smoking in restaurants and bars had more to do with the government having to pay workers' compensation to people who had developed lung diseases attributed to working in smoky environments for many years. I think it's a good thing.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 8:10 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

I'd forgotten just how idiotic this whole smoking ban was, until landing back here last week...

No atmosphere, no characters, smelling every guy with BO and fart dropped...

God, I need to get back to Dubai...!!!!
Old Aug 31st 2010, 4:53 am
banned

I'd forgotten just how idiotic this whole smoking ban was, until landing back here last week...

No atmosphere, no characters, smelling every guy with BO and fart dropped...

God, I need to get back to Dubai...!!!!
yea, but your in Aberdeen...
Old Aug 31st 2010, 5:07 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

yea, but your in Aberdeen...
And what, exactly, is your point, caller??????
Old Aug 31st 2010, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

Avarice is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MataHari
errr...I am talking about something that kids here in Dubai do, according to my own teenage sons...assuming that they are not making this up.
This has been going on for years, when i was in school here we called it boo boo, gas tanks or even just pressured lighter fluid cans inhaled etc. Caused numbness, hallucination and a short high... was never interested in it myself but was very popular... im sure it can possibly lead to death but i dont belive theres any high risk factor here...

this kid could have simply had an anuerism, the fact that they havent commented on how he died suggests somethings being covered up, possibly to save the parents embarrasement or grief or to save dubai some image points. seems slighty strange nothing would be mentioned...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.