My heart goes out

Old Jun 26th 2010, 7:14 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default My heart goes out

To the parents and family of the 16 year old boy from English College School who has just died, they must be going through hell. May he rest in peace.
Old Jun 26th 2010, 8:12 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My heart goes out

Originally Posted by rowell
To the parents and family of the 16 year old boy from English College School who has just died, they must be going through hell. May he rest in peace.
Link please.
Old Jun 26th 2010, 8:28 am
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs....706259782/1010
Old Jun 26th 2010, 10:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
Food allergy?
Old Jun 26th 2010, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

A simple question.
How many parents have recently well within the last 2 years completed any type of first aid training. ??
Old Jun 26th 2010, 10:14 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

apparently sniffing propane gas (?) is very popular amongst teenagers...
no idea...the gas fills up your lungs and you suffocate when you do it the wrong way, as if there is a right way to do it...
Old Jun 26th 2010, 11:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
apparently sniffing propane gas (?) is very popular amongst teenagers...
no idea...the gas fills up your lungs and you suffocate when you do it the wrong way, as if there is a right way to do it...
What are you talking about? Where does the article mention that? If he really was a serious rugby player, he wouldn't have been into anything like that.

As I said, I suspect an allergic reaction (possibly to nuts, which he may have been allergic to but unaware of it). First aid wouldn't have helped, unless someone had an Epipen on them.
Old Jun 26th 2010, 11:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
What are you talking about? Where does the article mention that? If he really was a serious rugby player, he wouldn't have been into anything like that.

As I said, I suspect an allergic reaction (possibly to nuts, which he may have been allergic to but unaware of it). First aid wouldn't have helped, unless someone had an Epipen on them.
people are saying the kids were sniffing butane, and he was one of them...surely by the age of 16 he'd know whether he was allergic to nuts or not...

whatever happened, my heart goes out to his family...i cannot begin to imagine what they are going through...

MM, xx
Old Jun 26th 2010, 11:12 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

errr...I am talking about something that kids here in Dubai do, according to my own teenage sons...assuming that they are not making this up.

and mr MH got a text yesterday from a friend who told him that a boy had died this weekend at a party doing just that...not saying that it is the same boy, may have just been a coincidence...no idea.
Oh...and to think that just cause someone is into rugby (or any sports) won't do anything 'naugty' is a bit naive...
Old Jun 26th 2010, 11:14 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
people are saying the kids were sniffing butane, and he was one of them...surely by the age of 16 he'd know whether he was allergic to nuts or not...

whatever happened, my heart goes out to his family...i cannot begin to imagine what they are going through...

MM, xx
oh ok, I am glad that I am not the only one with this info...and I doubt that we are in touch with the same people on this...
it's something that is happening here in Dubai, my son was in school with the girl that got more or less blown up 2 weeks ago...pics on the front page of 7 days made you sick...
Old Jun 26th 2010, 11:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

oh ok, I am glad that I am not the only one with this info...and I doubt that we are in touch with the same people on this...
it's something that is happening here in Dubai, my son was in school with the girl that got more or less blown up 2 weeks ago...pics on the front page of 7 days made you sick...
Worse than the shark attack pics?

MH, the point about rugby players is that substance testing starts at quite an early stage in a player's career (my son was tested after an Under-15 county match last year!). Not sure if propane/butane contains banned substances so he may have been getting away with it (or may simply never have been tested). In international rugby, there were almost 1,300 tests in 2009, and only 3 were 'positive'. It's a clean sport.

MM, don't assume everyone always knows their allergies - a while ago, I wrote about my old school mate who died from an allergic reaction to a bee sting, which he obviously had no idea he was allergic to (he was 46). Allergies can also develop later in life.

And what happened to parents? Remember them? When I was 16, parties without at least some degree of parental presence was a no-no. Oh well..........
Old Jun 26th 2010, 11:28 am
hmmmm...nice

Worse than the shark attack pics?

MH, the point about rugby players is that substance testing starts at quite an early stage in a player's career (my son was tested after an Under-15 county match last year!). Not sure if propane/butane contains banned substances so he may have been getting away with it (or may simply never have been tested). In international rugby, there were almost 1,300 tests in 2009, and only 3 were 'positive'. It's a clean sport.

MM, don't assume everyone always knows their allergies - a while ago, I wrote about my old school mate who died from an allergic reaction to a bee sting, which he obviously had no idea he was allergic to (he was 46). Allergies can also develop later in life.

And what happened to parents? Remember them? When I was 16, parties without at least some degree of parental presence was a no-no. Oh well..........
not sure what you mean...this girl is badly burned and kept in a coma for the time being...

I am sure you know what you are talking about...I am just saying that cause a kid is into his sport, it doesn't mean he won't do a thing like that, as that is what you are suggesting...it only takes one stupid incident and you're dead, simple as that...it's not like it's only fat chav retarts that don't move from the couch that things like that happen to.
Remember I have got two teenagers at home, and I hear and see a lot.
Old Jun 26th 2010, 11:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

oh hell, i hadn't realised those girls were doing the butane thing...did think it strange that there was a gas explosion, but people were saying the gas bottle companies sometimes drill the bottles so the gas needs to be filled up more often than it should, so just presumed it was that...the photos of that girl were horrendous...

MM, xx
Old Jun 26th 2010, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute

MH is right..Gas and glue sniffing is, and has always been rife amongst the kids here in the UAE. It's easy available at any corner shop and doesnt have age restrictions like the UK.

I caught my son who is now 22 yrs old but lived here from being 10 years old, inhaling airfreshener for gods sake, when he lived here..most of the kids were doing it. Kids from the British school etc. They still have a place on the corniche were they go every weekend with stolen booze from their parents drinks cabinets or 1 of the older ones goes to a Liquor store and buys it for them..this store NEVER asks for any liecence or ID.

Theres also an apartment here in Khaladia that gets rented by the hour to teens having weekend parties, with gas, glue and alcohol.

The new thing doing the rounds is ''getting the girls drunk, lifting up thier skirts or wait until they are getting down to the nitty gritty with some local boy , then they sneak in and take photo's and distribute them all to everyones mobiles.

Like MH I have raised 2 Teenagers here, and seen what goes on...It's not good.
Old Jun 26th 2010, 11:59 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Miss RK is friends with the young girl who actaully found him. She has also mentioned that it was lighter fuel that was being sniffed.

Sad, sad loss of, by all reports, a very well adjusted young lad who was well liked by all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.