British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   MUSLIM FANATICS BURN POPPY (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/muslim-fanatics-burn-poppy-693248/)

coffindodger Nov 12th 2010 6:35 am

MUSLIM FANATICS BURN POPPY

ISLAMIC protesters sparked fury when they burned a giant poppy, chanting “British soldiers burn in hell” during yesterday’s two-minute silence to honour war dead.

The hate-filled extremists screamed “British troops are murderers” and “There will be no security for Britain while troops remain in Muslim land”.

Calling themselves “Muslims against Crusaders”, they clashed with police while 50 members of the English Defence League staged a counter-protest near the Royal Albert Hall in central London.

Police kept the two sides apart, but as the two- minute silence started one Muslim yelled out, “British soldiers go to hell”. One of the group held up the poppy, set it alight and threw the burning symbol of remembrance to the ground, while others, some masked, chanted “British soldiers burn in hell” in front of horrified onlookers.

Three men were arrested at the scene – two for public order offences and one for assaulting a police officer. One officer was taken to hospital with a head injury.

Onlookers were appalled by the ultimate insult to the war dead and soldiers still risking their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan. One said: “It was a disgrace to be burning poppies on Remembrance Day. It should be a crime to chant things like that. Those people are despicable.” Another said: “It was outrageous.”

And parents of British soldiers killed in Afghanistan later branded the grotesque protest as “atrocious”.

Christine Bonner, whose son Darren was killed by a landmine in Helmand province in 2007, said she could not believe the incident.

“I’m disgusted. There are people like myself that at 11am today were remembering the lives of our children, and then there are some people doing something so hurtful as that. I think it’s atrocious.

“We’re talking about individuals who have died for their country.”

Tony Philippson’s son James was the first British soldier to be killed in action in the Nato operation in Helmand province. He said: “I don’t see the logic of it. Why could they think that soldiers of any nationality shouldn’t be remembered?

“My son went to Iraq with the Marines fighting for Muslims to get rid of a tyrant so they could have some freedom.”

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/211097

rackspace Nov 12th 2010 6:44 am

Re: MUSLIM FANATICS BURN POPPY

Originally Posted by coffindodger (Post 8977167)
ISLAMIC protesters sparked fury when they burned a giant poppy, chanting “British soldiers burn in hell” during yesterday’s two-minute silence to honour war dead.

The hate-filled extremists screamed “British troops are murderers” and “There will be no security for Britain while troops remain in Muslim land”.

Calling themselves “Muslims against Crusaders”, they clashed with police while 50 members of the English Defence League staged a counter-protest near the Royal Albert Hall in central London.

Police kept the two sides apart, but as the two- minute silence started one Muslim yelled out, “British soldiers go to hell”. One of the group held up the poppy, set it alight and threw the burning symbol of remembrance to the ground, while others, some masked, chanted “British soldiers burn in hell” in front of horrified onlookers.

Three men were arrested at the scene – two for public order offences and one for assaulting a police officer. One officer was taken to hospital with a head injury.

Onlookers were appalled by the ultimate insult to the war dead and soldiers still risking their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan. One said: “It was a disgrace to be burning poppies on Remembrance Day. It should be a crime to chant things like that. Those people are despicable.” Another said: “It was outrageous.”

And parents of British soldiers killed in Afghanistan later branded the grotesque protest as “atrocious”.

Christine Bonner, whose son Darren was killed by a landmine in Helmand province in 2007, said she could not believe the incident.

“I’m disgusted. There are people like myself that at 11am today were remembering the lives of our children, and then there are some people doing something so hurtful as that. I think it’s atrocious.

“We’re talking about individuals who have died for their country.”

Tony Philippson’s son James was the first British soldier to be killed in action in the Nato operation in Helmand province. He said: “I don’t see the logic of it. Why could they think that soldiers of any nationality shouldn’t be remembered?

“My son went to Iraq with the Marines fighting for Muslims to get rid of a tyrant so they could have some freedom.”

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/211097

noting to do with islam or muslim.
these guys were just cruel ...

kidsam Nov 12th 2010 7:49 am

Its a beautiful irony that they get the chance to do this

kittycat1 Nov 12th 2010 8:29 am

A day of remembrance for our fallen, to remember so we don't forget.

This really is so disgraceful. Their disrespect can do nothing but heighten the animosity felt towards the Muslim faith even though they do not represent what practicing Muslims believe. This is very, very saddening behaviour. I am sure my Grandad would turn in his grave.

I somehow think there will never be world peace as long as religion exists. :(

co durham boy Nov 12th 2010 8:56 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8977319)
A day of remembrance for our fallen, to remember so we don't forget.

This really is so disgraceful. Their disrespect can do nothing but heighten the animosity felt towards the Muslim faith even though they do not represent what practicing Muslims believe. This is very, very saddening behaviour. I am sure my Grandad would turn in his grave.

I somehow think there will never be world peace as long as religion exists. :(

For most of these scumbags the UK has housed , fed and watered them for their entire lives and they are allowed to air their views in the name of free speech and democracy.

Just deport them back to their Khazi of origin.....there's plenty more like minded kin folk waiting for them back in their sh*thouse of a country...!

lionheart Nov 12th 2010 10:58 am

Are you possibly a British Nationalist, coffindodger? Not your first thread recently criticising anything remotely anti-British.

coffindodger Nov 12th 2010 11:41 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8977470)
Are you possibly a British Nationalist, coffindodger? Not your first thread recently criticising anything remotely anti-British.

I am NOT Anti British thank you very much.
Having servered in HM Forces for a number of years thank you
!!!

Hello.Kitty Nov 12th 2010 1:40 pm

Hateful. Abhorrent.

I'm usually a mild-mannered, tolerant individual, but honestly... that kind of person has no place in our society.

co durham boy Nov 12th 2010 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8977470)

If that's a British Nationalist post then i'm one as well

coffindodger Nov 12th 2010 2:50 pm

Having servered in HM Forces for a number of years been involved in a few wars done N.I. as well as Saudi in the 90 G.w1
I have lost more friends over the years to these brain dead idiots.

I wear my poppy with pride, having been there done that got the t shirt and the medals to go with it all.
Been shot at a couple of times.

We must never forget our fallin hero's

How dare they on the One special day of the Year, when the Whole of the Uk remembers and pays repect to our young troops from where ever in the world, they are servicing.

co durham boy Nov 12th 2010 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by coffindodger (Post 8977869)
Having servered in HM Forces for a number of years been involved in a few wars done N.I. as well as Saudi in the 90 G.w1
I have lost more friends over the years to these brain dead idiots.

I wear my poppy with pride, having been there done that got the t shirt and the medals to go with it all.
Been shot at a couple of times.

We must never forget our fallin hero's

How dare they on the One special day of the Year, when the Whole of the Uk remembers and pays repect to our young troops from where ever in the world, they are servicing.

F**ing right as well .........:thumbup:

Oyibopeppeh Nov 12th 2010 6:00 pm

I visited the Thiepval memorial several years ago and identified seven of my family (from each side) who had fallen on the Somme. It was extremely moving, and I admit that I wept.

SugarMetal Nov 12th 2010 6:29 pm

I can't help but wonder whether coffindodger and Co Durham have a slight issue with muslims in general as opposed to extremists? I mean Coffin dodger started another thread about the Pakistani cricketer requesting asylum which seems to have a sight undercurrent of prejudice in it. That's how it seemed to me anyway...by all means correct me if I'm wrong! :)

MissDemeanor Nov 12th 2010 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by SugarMetal (Post 8978189)
I can't help but wonder whether coffindodger and Co Durham have a slight issue with muslims in general as opposed to extremists? I mean Coffin dodger started another thread about the Pakistani cricketer requesting asylum which seems to have a sight undercurrent of prejudice in it. That's how it seemed to me anyway...by all means correct me if I'm wrong! :)

There's always one.......

SugarMetal Nov 12th 2010 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 8978229)
There's always one.......

Always someone like me or always someone like coffindodger? :p