British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   MUSLIM FANATICS BURN POPPY (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/muslim-fanatics-burn-poppy-693248/)

coffindodger Nov 12th 2010 6:35 am

MUSLIM FANATICS BURN POPPY

ISLAMIC protesters sparked fury when they burned a giant poppy, chanting “British soldiers burn in hell” during yesterday’s two-minute silence to honour war dead.

The hate-filled extremists screamed “British troops are murderers” and “There will be no security for Britain while troops remain in Muslim land”.

Calling themselves “Muslims against Crusaders”, they clashed with police while 50 members of the English Defence League staged a counter-protest near the Royal Albert Hall in central London.

Police kept the two sides apart, but as the two- minute silence started one Muslim yelled out, “British soldiers go to hell”. One of the group held up the poppy, set it alight and threw the burning symbol of remembrance to the ground, while others, some masked, chanted “British soldiers burn in hell” in front of horrified onlookers.

Three men were arrested at the scene – two for public order offences and one for assaulting a police officer. One officer was taken to hospital with a head injury.

Onlookers were appalled by the ultimate insult to the war dead and soldiers still risking their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan. One said: “It was a disgrace to be burning poppies on Remembrance Day. It should be a crime to chant things like that. Those people are despicable.” Another said: “It was outrageous.”

And parents of British soldiers killed in Afghanistan later branded the grotesque protest as “atrocious”.

Christine Bonner, whose son Darren was killed by a landmine in Helmand province in 2007, said she could not believe the incident.

“I’m disgusted. There are people like myself that at 11am today were remembering the lives of our children, and then there are some people doing something so hurtful as that. I think it’s atrocious.

“We’re talking about individuals who have died for their country.”

Tony Philippson’s son James was the first British soldier to be killed in action in the Nato operation in Helmand province. He said: “I don’t see the logic of it. Why could they think that soldiers of any nationality shouldn’t be remembered?

“My son went to Iraq with the Marines fighting for Muslims to get rid of a tyrant so they could have some freedom.”

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/211097

rackspace Nov 12th 2010 6:44 am

Re: MUSLIM FANATICS BURN POPPY

Originally Posted by coffindodger (Post 8977167)
ISLAMIC protesters sparked fury when they burned a giant poppy, chanting “British soldiers burn in hell” during yesterday’s two-minute silence to honour war dead.

The hate-filled extremists screamed “British troops are murderers” and “There will be no security for Britain while troops remain in Muslim land”.

Calling themselves “Muslims against Crusaders”, they clashed with police while 50 members of the English Defence League staged a counter-protest near the Royal Albert Hall in central London.

Police kept the two sides apart, but as the two- minute silence started one Muslim yelled out, “British soldiers go to hell”. One of the group held up the poppy, set it alight and threw the burning symbol of remembrance to the ground, while others, some masked, chanted “British soldiers burn in hell” in front of horrified onlookers.

Three men were arrested at the scene – two for public order offences and one for assaulting a police officer. One officer was taken to hospital with a head injury.

Onlookers were appalled by the ultimate insult to the war dead and soldiers still risking their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan. One said: “It was a disgrace to be burning poppies on Remembrance Day. It should be a crime to chant things like that. Those people are despicable.” Another said: “It was outrageous.”

And parents of British soldiers killed in Afghanistan later branded the grotesque protest as “atrocious”.

Christine Bonner, whose son Darren was killed by a landmine in Helmand province in 2007, said she could not believe the incident.

“I’m disgusted. There are people like myself that at 11am today were remembering the lives of our children, and then there are some people doing something so hurtful as that. I think it’s atrocious.

Tony Philippson’s son James was the first British soldier to be killed in action in the Nato operation in Helmand province. He said: “I don’t see the logic of it. Why could they think that soldiers of any nationality shouldn’t be remembered?

“My son went to Iraq with the Marines fighting for Muslims to get rid of a tyrant so they could have some freedom.”

noting to do with islam or muslim.
these guys were just cruel ...

kidsam Nov 12th 2010 7:49 am

Its a beautiful irony that they get the chance to do this

kittycat1 Nov 12th 2010 8:29 am

A day of remembrance for our fallen, to remember so we don't forget.

This really is so disgraceful. Their disrespect can do nothing but heighten the animosity felt towards the Muslim faith even though they do not represent what practicing Muslims believe. This is very, very saddening behaviour. I am sure my Grandad would turn in his grave.

I somehow think there will never be world peace as long as religion exists. :(

co durham boy Nov 12th 2010 8:56 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8977319)
A day of remembrance for our fallen, to remember so we don't forget.

This really is so disgraceful. Their disrespect can do nothing but heighten the animosity felt towards the Muslim faith even though they do not represent what practicing Muslims believe. This is very, very saddening behaviour. I am sure my Grandad would turn in his grave.

I somehow think there will never be world peace as long as religion exists. :(

For most of these scumbags the UK has housed , fed and watered them for their entire lives and they are allowed to air their views in the name of free speech and democracy.

Just deport them back to their Khazi of origin.....there's plenty more like minded kin folk waiting for them back in their sh*thouse of a country...!

lionheart Nov 12th 2010 10:58 am

Are you possibly a British Nationalist, coffindodger? Not your first thread recently criticising anything remotely anti-British.

coffindodger Nov 12th 2010 11:41 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8977470)
Are you possibly a British Nationalist, coffindodger? Not your first thread recently criticising anything remotely anti-British.

I am NOT Anti British thank you very much.
Having servered in HM Forces for a number of years thank you
!!!

Hello.Kitty Nov 12th 2010 1:40 pm

Hateful. Abhorrent.

I'm usually a mild-mannered, tolerant individual, but honestly... that kind of person has no place in our society.

co durham boy Nov 12th 2010 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8977470)

If that's a British Nationalist post then i'm one as well

coffindodger Nov 12th 2010 2:50 pm

Having servered in HM Forces for a number of years been involved in a few wars done N.I. as well as Saudi in the 90 G.w1
I have lost more friends over the years to these brain dead idiots.

I wear my poppy with pride, having been there done that got the t shirt and the medals to go with it all.
Been shot at a couple of times.

We must never forget our fallin hero's

How dare they on the One special day of the Year, when the Whole of the Uk remembers and pays repect to our young troops from where ever in the world, they are servicing.

co durham boy Nov 12th 2010 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by coffindodger (Post 8977869)
Having servered in HM Forces for a number of years been involved in a few wars done N.I. as well as Saudi in the 90 G.w1
I have lost more friends over the years to these brain dead idiots.

I wear my poppy with pride, having been there done that got the t shirt and the medals to go with it all.
Been shot at a couple of times.

We must never forget our fallin hero's

How dare they on the One special day of the Year, when the Whole of the Uk remembers and pays repect to our young troops from where ever in the world, they are servicing.

F**ing right as well .........:thumbup:

Oyibopeppeh Nov 12th 2010 6:00 pm

I visited the Thiepval memorial several years ago and identified seven of my family (from each side) who had fallen on the Somme. It was extremely moving, and I admit that I wept.

SugarMetal Nov 12th 2010 6:29 pm

I can't help but wonder whether coffindodger and Co Durham have a slight issue with muslims in general as opposed to extremists? I mean Coffin dodger started another thread about the Pakistani cricketer requesting asylum which seems to have a sight undercurrent of prejudice in it. That's how it seemed to me anyway...by all means correct me if I'm wrong! :)

MissDemeanor Nov 12th 2010 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by SugarMetal (Post 8978189)
I can't help but wonder whether coffindodger and Co Durham have a slight issue with muslims in general as opposed to extremists? I mean Coffin dodger started another thread about the Pakistani cricketer requesting asylum which seems to have a sight undercurrent of prejudice in it. That's how it seemed to me anyway...by all means correct me if I'm wrong! :)

There's always one.......

SugarMetal Nov 12th 2010 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 8978229)
There's always one.......

Always someone like me or always someone like coffindodger? :p

MissDemeanor Nov 12th 2010 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by SugarMetal (Post 8978263)
Always someone like me or always someone like coffindodger? :p

Coffindodger is honouring the memories of our countries heroes.Something we should all be doing on this day.

SugarMetal Nov 12th 2010 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 8978291)
Coffindodger is honouring the memories of our countries heroes.Something we should all be doing on this day.

Oh for goodness's sake, just because I query him and Co Durham Boy's posts doesn't mean I have forgotten the sacrifice made by our fallen soldiers.

flares Nov 13th 2010 2:53 am

It's the old free to protest vs inciting hatred thang.

The fact that the muslim extremists burnt a symbol (poppy) may be a bit hypocritical esp after all the furore (sp?) over burning of Quran in the states.

We can burn things but you cant!!

seven seas Nov 13th 2010 3:25 am

If Britain allows these subhumans to exist, let alone go on to do disgusting things like this, then it deserves it.

Act or put up with it. The Express is a curtain twitchers' rag which does nothing but feed the fires of racist chauvininst prejudice.

And to thoise who claim that it is all about free speech, and that the armed forces have been doing nothign but basically shootign darkies since the fifties (and I am one f those who agree with that statement, BTW) :

Before you know it, your lazy incompetent, irresponsible attitude will have you swamped by terrorism before you know it.

co durham boy Nov 13th 2010 6:00 am

Originally Posted by SugarMetal (Post 8978189)

The issue i have is with the disrepectful actions of that group , just as i have issues with lazy Brits who sponge of the state and radical right wing bullshit merchants who are the scourge of working class British youth.

I have lived and worked in Islamic countries for over 15 years and yes i've got issues with lots of people but never ever because of race , colour or creed or religion.

I've got no problem saying what i think of this group either , what they did was detrimental to British values and British society and whatever your political flavour the whole thing was just wrong.There's right and wrong and we shouldn't be afraid to speak out and say it.

So don't play the race card because you are well off the mark pal !

Blue Cat Nov 13th 2010 6:02 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 8978859)
The issue i have is with the disrepectful actions of that group , just as i have issues with lazy Brits who sponge of the state and radical right wing bullshit merchants who are the scourge of working class British youth.

I have lived and worked in Islamic countries for over 15 years and yes i've got issues with lots of people but never ever because of race , colour or creed or religion.

I've got no problem saying what i think of this group either , what they did was detrimental to British values and British society and whatever your political flavour the whole thing was just wrong.There's right and wrong and we shouldn't be afraid to speak out and say it.

:thumbsup:

Blue Cat Nov 13th 2010 6:06 am

I joined a local group on FB ran by some Emirati's. They posted yesterday an article about a man who has been sent to jail for two months for showing someone the finger. She has typed the words BRIT in capital's. I questioned her as to why she did this, she said she was copying the newspaper (The Sun) :rolleyes: I told her that I see people breaking the law every single day here like the lady outside of hospital the other day who had a baby on her knee on the front seat of her car, and the many other wankers I see putting their children at risk. Let's see if she replies to that.

SugarMetal Nov 13th 2010 7:47 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 8978859)

I don't think I am playing the 'race' card. I interpreted your posts in a certain way and asked for clarification, which you've actually given.

For the record I have no time for people who show such disrespect to war veterans, I think it's reprehensible. No excuses for it, no apologies. However I have noticed that sometimes these emotive topics are sometimes posted as an excuse to Muslim bash in general, which i don't think is nice, hence the question mark.

Spugsy Nov 13th 2010 8:27 am

Originally Posted by coffindodger (Post 8977167)

Something needs done about this, its an utter disgrace and very anti british.

Also the EDL are just a bunch of nazi ****wads anyway, so they can piss right off.

commander Nov 13th 2010 8:36 am

Originally Posted by seven seas (Post 8978762)
If Britain allows these subhumans to exist, let alone go on to do disgusting things like this, then it deserves it.

Act or put up with it. The Express is a curtain twitchers' rag which does nothing but feed the fires of racist chauvininst prejudice.

And to thoise who claim that it is all about free speech, and that the armed forces have been doing nothign but basically shootign darkies since the fifties (and I am one f those who agree with that statement, BTW) :

Before you know it, your lazy incompetent, irresponsible attitude will have you swamped by terrorism before you know it.

nail on the head

commander Nov 13th 2010 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8978981)
Something needs done about this, its an utter disgrace and very anti british.

**** me, no shit brainbox.

commander Nov 13th 2010 8:46 am

Currently the ringtone of the Royal Marines..

Having seen my home town with injured Marines due to IED's and suicide bombers in Helmand, who can blame them.

Rememberence day is not only to remember the fallen hero's but also take a moment to think about those still living with the scars.

Britian only has itself to blame for allowing these people to burn poppies

Norm_uk Nov 13th 2010 9:19 am

Originally Posted by rackspace (Post 8977181)
noting to do with islam or muslim.
these guys were just cruel ...

So if these people were Jews, or Atheists or Hindus they would also burn poppies and insult the honour of our fallen soldiers?

Would they also advocate suicide bombings, the beating of women and the dominance of Sharia law if they were Buddhists or perhaps Zoroastrians?

I disagree and think Islam has a LOT to do with their actions...more specifically sharia law.

N.

Norm_uk Nov 13th 2010 9:30 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 8977721)
If that's a British Nationalist post then i'm one as well

Me too...a mixed race one to boot!

My Indian colleague has just expressed dismay and anger at the poppy burning too. I expect he'll be joining the BNP with the rest of by the end of the week :sneaky:

:confused:

SugarMetal Nov 13th 2010 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 8979039)
So if these people were Jews, or Atheists or Hindus .

Extremist Hindus in India have advocated the burning of widows. Extremist Zionists in Israel have pelted Palestinian children with stones. We all know what extremists did in N. Ireland.

That's the issue here, extremists and extremism.

weasel central Nov 13th 2010 10:28 am

Originally Posted by SugarMetal (Post 8979098)
Extremist Hindus in India have advocated the burning of widows. Extremist Zionists in Israel have pelted Palestinian children with stones. We all know what extremists did in N. Ireland.

you are going to have to explain that one to me and how that relates to anything regarding religion.

pranabdc Nov 13th 2010 10:37 am

Yes yes we know it.

In India widow burning was done 200 years before. It is illegal but you could hear 1-2 incidents in last 5 years.

I have only this to say, wherever these guys are minority, they will have equal rights to build anything and practice anything. But whenever they are majority, they will establish Sharia. I love this region.:thumbup:

Spugsy Nov 13th 2010 11:12 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 8979000)
**** me, no shit brainbox.

well the point being they are in britain, again without sounding all daily mail, if they don't like it they should ***** off or we should kick them out anyway.

Norm_uk Nov 13th 2010 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by SugarMetal (Post 8979098)

• I don't recall Hindu extremists stating the whole world must become Hindu...
  • I don't recall extremist Zionists stating the whole world must become Jewish...
  • I certainly don't really the IRA stating the UK or rest of the world must become Catholic and accept some interpretation of 12th century Papal law...

Maybe I'm missing something but there's extremism and then there's ideologies that want world domination...I can't put Hindu nutters, Zionists and the IRA in the same category as Nazism, Stalinism, Sharia advocating Islamists and White Supremacists for that reason.

N.

Norsk-also Nov 13th 2010 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8979159)
well the point being they are in britain, again without sounding all daily mail, if they don't like it they should ***** off or we should kick them out anyway.

Err..I love these sort of statements from expats..as one can see f rom these boards of how critical people are of their host nation..not implying you are..I'm just saying, take a look around. But I totally agree..I am foreign and live in the uk and would never dream of doing such a thing..neither would I do so living in another country. Anyway..they have their reasons..they tend to be poignant, though they (the protesters) tend to be moronic. Who can forget the 'kill all the juice' poster...oh lol.

weasel central Nov 14th 2010 4:05 am

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 8979518)
  • I certainly don't really the IRA stating the UK or rest of the world must become Catholic and accept some interpretation of 12th century Papal law...

well it was more about nationalism than religion, historically there have been many protestant supporters and members of Irish republicanism. Obviously I am prejudiced towards that cause but it could never be put in the same catergory as any of the other fundamentalist stuff.

Norm_uk Nov 14th 2010 4:44 am

Originally Posted by weasel central (Post 8980166)
well it was more about nationalism than religion, historically there have been many protestant supporters and members of Irish republicanism. Obviously I am prejudiced towards that cause but it could never be put in the same catergory as any of the other fundamentalist stuff.

Exactly...Ireland has always been a political issue with religion being quite secondary or tertiary. Ireland could probably be solved if the Union wasn't so unbalanced and founded on inequality, monarchy and brutality.

Secularists and non-Christians have also taken positions on the Republic/Union line for centuries. It really annoys me when people don't think and start comparing groups like the IRA/Ulster Unionists with groups whose mandate is to dominate the entire world with their brand of religious imperialism.