British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Mumbai... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/mumbai-620016/)

Blue Cat Jul 15th 2009 6:28 am

Re: Mumbai...

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7753600)
I'm not going...

I would have thought it would have been a break from here if nothing else

MacScot Jul 15th 2009 6:31 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7753600)
I'm not going...

Salalah is nice this time of year...

TGFKASE Jul 15th 2009 8:22 am

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl (Post 7750398)
No please not sponge bob!!! The worst programme on earth -- and hubby loves it! it is almost as bad as family guy which he also loves. aaaaaaahh

How VERY dare you , ma'am....

Family Guy is exceptional, and I shall thank you NOT to mention its name in the presence of lesser programmes...

littlejimmy Jul 15th 2009 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7753695)
I would have thought it would have been a break from here if nothing else

I can't see the point if you're not gonna be able to get out and see the place. You might as well hire a butler for a couple of days and pretend you're in a hotel room. You could steal your own towels and everything.

aberdeensiregirl Jul 15th 2009 8:30 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7753926)
How VERY dare you , ma'am....

Family Guy is exceptional, and I shall thank you NOT to mention its name in the presence of lesser programmes...

Hubby brought back season 1,6 and 7 when we came back. However he has a pal here this week so has not had time to subject me to that any night so far as we have been out each night. Got a few days left to lose them. :p

Amnesia180 Jul 15th 2009 8:42 am

I have to agree... Family Guy is hilarious!! I absolutely love the series.

You can watch them online (just google family guy online and it's something like www.familyguynow.com).

MataHari Jul 15th 2009 8:57 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 7753938)
I can't see the point if you're not gonna be able to get out and see the place. You might as well hire a butler for a couple of days and pretend you're in a hotel room. You could steal your own towels and everything.

exactly...now who can I hire, hmmmm...

Euc- Jul 15th 2009 9:05 am

The monsoon's were on the news here, wasn't looking pretty!

Just get yourself in a nice hotel or something (Anantara in Abu Dhabi and you can still feel on vacation, get the private plane transfer from Abu Dhabi!) :thumbup:

MataHari Jul 15th 2009 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Euc- (Post 7754029)

Just get yourself in a nice hotel or something (Anantara in Abu Dhabi and you can still feel on vacation, get the private plane transfer from Abu Dhabi!) :thumbup:

thanks...but I am not that desperate to get away, going on a proper holiday in August...
this would just have been a few days away, mr MH has some business in Mumbai and we would have accompanied him...it can wait till the rain's stopped...

BethPageBlack Jul 15th 2009 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Euc- (Post 7754029)

Sitting in a nice room is not good enough..I don't care how nice it is

Euc- Jul 15th 2009 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by BethPageBlack (Post 7755207)

It's on a private island/wildlife reserve, but ok, I'm glad you took time from your schedule to let us know your thoughts on this subject.

littlejimmy Jul 15th 2009 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by BethPageBlack (Post 7755207)

For once you talk sense.

BethPageBlack Jul 16th 2009 1:22 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 7755296)
For once you talk sense.

Thanks...And if you're in a foreign country and your hotel room only has like 20 english channels? Forget it, there's just no way you can stay up in the room all day

IndieG Jul 16th 2009 3:22 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7754111)
thanks...but I am not that desperate to get away, going on a proper holiday in August...
this would just have been a few days away, mr MH has some business in Mumbai and we would have accompanied him...it can wait till the rain's stopped...

Good idea about waiting till the monsoons are finished! - Rain in Mumbai means - water levels up to your waist (and I know how tall you are...lol). Traffic paralysed and it is complete chaos...

Inselaffen Jul 16th 2009 4:10 am

Originally Posted by IndieG (Post 7756754)
Good idea about waiting till the monsoons are finished! - Rain in Mumbai means - water levels up to your waist (and I know how tall you are...lol). Traffic paralysed and it is complete chaos...

and they are having record levels of rain this season.