British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Mumbai... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/mumbai-620016/)

MataHari Jul 14th 2009 6:16 am

Mumbai...

I am going to Mumbai next week...just checked the weatherforecast and it says rain...can anyone explain to me what that actually means...

Blue Cat Jul 14th 2009 6:21 am

Re: Mumbai...

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7750331)
I am going to Mumbai next week...just checked the weatherforecast and it says rain...can anyone explain to me what that actually means...

it's tropical, stops and starts, why Mumbai?

Roadking Jul 14th 2009 6:22 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7750331)

It's like water but it falls from the sky.

aberdeensiregirl Jul 14th 2009 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7750349)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: was waiting for that one!!!

Roadking Jul 14th 2009 6:25 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7750347)

Cause that's where the rain is?

MataHari Jul 14th 2009 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7750347)

that's what it says on the ticket...

Blue Cat Jul 14th 2009 6:26 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7750364)
that's what it says on the ticket...

interesting ....

MataHari Jul 14th 2009 6:28 am

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7750349)

duh...
what I meant was...is it going to be like an hour of downpour and then back to sort of sunny and pleasant, or will it be rain rain rain from morning till night...

Roadking Jul 14th 2009 6:35 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7750369)
duh...
what I meant was...is it going to be like an hour of downpour and then back to sort of sunny and pleasant, or will it be rain rain rain from morning till night...

Oh, I see. Well, in my experience, it all depends. If you imagine the sky is full of Spongebobs, each can hold a certain amount of water before it hurts. Once it hurts, Spongebob cries and that is what causes the rain.

Now, if you look up and see only one Spongebob, it's not gonna rain much. But if the sky is full of 'em, well you can guess what's gonna happen.

HTH.

aberdeensiregirl Jul 14th 2009 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7750381)
Oh, I see. Well, in my experience, it all depends. If you imagine the sky is full of Spongebobs, each can hold a certain amount of water before it hurts. Once it hurts, Spongebob cries and that is what causes the rain.

Now, if you look up and see only one Spongebob, it's not gonna rain much. But if the sky is full of 'em, well you can guess what's gonna happen.

HTH.

No please not sponge bob!!! The worst programme on earth -- and hubby loves it! it is almost as bad as family guy which he also loves. aaaaaaahh

Roadking Jul 14th 2009 6:44 am

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl (Post 7750398)
No please not sponge bob!!! The worst programme on earth -- and hubby loves it! it is almost as bad as family guy which he also loves. aaaaaaahh

I'm confused. Spongebob the worst programme but almost as bad as (so not as bad as) Family Guy, so Family Guy is worse than Spongebob so Spongebob, bless his square pants, can't be the worst programme on earth.:huh:

aberdeensiregirl Jul 14th 2009 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7750406)
I'm confused. Spongebob the worst programme but almost as bad as (so not as bad as) Family Guy, so Family Guy is worse than Spongebob so Spongebob, bless his square pants, can't be the worst programme on earth.:huh:

oops!! Not enough wine yet!! Equally bad each one and as for Patrick - enough said!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::p

Inselaffen Jul 14th 2009 6:53 am

i was talking to my colleague in our Mumbai office last night. he was driving through waist high water. that should give you an idea of what to expect. not a good decision to go to Mumbai during the Monsoon

MataHari Jul 14th 2009 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 7750426)
i was talking to my colleague in our Mumbai office last night. he was driving through waist high water. that should give you an idea of what to expect. not a good decision to go to Mumbai during the Monsoon

ohhhhhhh...better stock up on some books then

Roadking Jul 14th 2009 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 7750426)

I agree if he is six feet tall. If, on t'other hand, he is only 2 feet nothing, then it's a different story, innit.