Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Middle Eastern warriors of old

Middle Eastern warriors of old

Old Jan 19th 2009, 4:57 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Middle Eastern warriors of old

Originally Posted by shiva
yeh well it was only full of greeks. no loss there then
Blatant racism aside...

...the ancient Greeks were only the fathers of western democracy, archetecture, philosophy, invention, freedom of thought and even language.

Whereas the Persians did what for us exactly? Diddly squat because the Greeks spent half their existence stopping them from invading the rest of Europe!

N.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 5:03 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Who the fock is Jeff? Am talking about King Richard and his merry band of crusaders...as you know perfectly well. By the way, they are showing Kingdom of Heaven on MBC2 on Thursday midnight and Friday 12noon...if you believe the TV schedules...
it was a joke kidda, I'm hardly likely to put your real name on here am I??
Old Jan 19th 2009, 5:16 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Blatant racism aside...

...the ancient Greeks were only the fathers of western democracy, archetecture, philosophy, invention, freedom of thought and even language.

Whereas the Persians did what for us exactly? Diddly squat because the Greeks spent half their existence stopping them from invading the rest of Europe!

N.
blatant sarcasim aside.

the persians, well they gave the world absolutely nothing, nothing at all its was all them pesty greeks that did it all.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 5:23 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

blatant sarcasim aside.

the persians, well they gave the world absolutely nothing, nothing at all its was all them pesty greeks that did it all.
I asked what they did for Europe, not the world...

Oh by the way I think you forgot to put the blatant sarcasm aside

N.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 5:26 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

I asked what they did for Europe, not the world...

Oh by the way I think you forgot to put the blatant sarcasm aside

N.

lol ok lets let it lie here as i know from previous posts / threads that we both agree on the fundamentals of history
Old Jan 19th 2009, 5:33 am

lol ok lets let it lie here as i know from previous posts / threads that we both agree on the fundamentals of history
...but I like debate and don't have meeting until midday

N.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 5:38 am
**** it we'll do it live

...but I like debate and don't have meeting until midday

N.

i'll see you in the xenophobic thread then
Old Jan 19th 2009, 5:56 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Blatant racism aside...

N.

Is the right answer: Inflicted us with 2 pop singers and a badly spelled aftershave??
P.S You two are becoming thew Stadler and Waldorf of this Bored
Old Jan 19th 2009, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Eva
P.S You two are becoming thew Stadler and Waldorf of this Bored
I'm the one with all his hair...not all on my head mind but you can't have everything

N.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:22 am

i'll see you in the xenophobic thread then

N.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Spugsy,

See if you can get a copy of Assassin's Creed on Xbox or PS3, has a fair few Middle Eastern soldiers in that, and of course you could always display the SAS of the Middle Ages, the Hashshashin.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 4:26 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Blatant racism aside...

N.
They make nice carpets. What more do you want?