Michael bloody Owen

Old Jul 6th 2009, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Michael bloody Owen

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
as I United supporter I don't mind saying I think we had a poor season in the league. scraping wins unconvincingly.
try supporting Sunderland man ! we haven't had a season as poor as that since 1936 !
Old Jul 6th 2009, 8:27 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

What do you guys thinks about Newcastle, Sunderland and Carlisle if they played in the Scottish football league (as Berwick currently does)...or would that be an anathema to you all ? You would have a good chance of being at or near the top of the SPL !
Old Jul 6th 2009, 8:47 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
What do you guys thinks about Newcastle, Sunderland and Carlisle if they played in the Scottish football league (as Berwick currently does)...or would that be an anathema to you all ? You would have a good chance of being at or near the top of the SPL !
I'd rather iron my balls. What would be the point?
Old Jul 6th 2009, 8:53 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I'd rather iron my balls. What would be the point?
...same reason why Berwick plays in the Scottish league ? Though, not sure of the actual reason for Berwick's position...
Old Jul 6th 2009, 8:56 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

...same reason why Berwick plays in the Scottish league ? Though, not sure of the actual reason for Berwick's position...
they play as they have for years and years, no-one is really sure why to be honest are they?
Old Jul 6th 2009, 9:02 am
A bubbly-jock...

they play as they have for years and years, no-one is really sure why to be honest are they?
Don't really know..I just thought it would be interesting for the northern English teams to play in a Northern British league...well, at least to break up the old firm duopoly and put some excitement back in the game. I had a Geordie mate at Aston Uni who supported Sunderland and he was keen on the idea...in fact, he suggested it (probably 'cos his was never getting anywhere, though).
Old Jul 6th 2009, 11:52 am
why ayeeeee man!

Don't really know..I just thought it would be interesting for the northern English teams to play in a Northern British league...well, at least to break up the old firm duopoly and put some excitement back in the game. I had a Geordie mate at Aston Uni who supported Sunderland and he was keen on the idea...in fact, he suggested it (probably 'cos his was never getting anywhere, though).
aye more than likely.

I love Scotland and the Scots in general, had many, many a good time up there, but I don't want any scottish teams to join the english teams, or vice versa, I just don't think it's right.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

agree with everything Spugsy said..we'd be top of the Wearside League as well but we wouldn't want to join that.

newcastle might struggle in a Tyneside league mind, The Heed Army are on the up !
Old Jul 7th 2009, 11:18 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Sandboy
agree with everything Spugsy said..we'd be top of the Wearside League as well but we wouldn't want to join that.

newcastle might struggle in a Tyneside league mind, The Heed Army are on the up !
Is that so? How are the lads doing?

I'm also waiting for the inevitable Whitley Bay FA Cup run as well or mabe Bedlington terriers.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 2:55 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Exclusive picture of Michael Owen's medical......

Old Jul 8th 2009, 1:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

I'm also waiting for the inevitable Whitley Bay FA Cup run as well or mabe Bedlington terriers.
don't forget Billingham Town!
actually saw an FA Cup tie there many years ago
Old Jul 8th 2009, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gatesheed got promotion to the conference last season and Bay won the Vase !
Old Jul 8th 2009, 1:18 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Sandboy
Gatesheed got promotion to the conference last season and Bay won the Vase !
good old gateshead, they've nearly went bust countless times - and I grew up going to gateshead stadium for years, pretty ropey area but I loved it there.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

mart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nicemart1000 is just really nice

Surely the most unlikely football story of the close season came to a speedy conclusion on Friday afternoon, when Michael Owen signed for Manchester United.

The free agent passed a medical and was paraded after a move that may not win him a new legion of fans, but further lowers his standing on the red half of merseyside.

And after being greeted with virtual indifference when playing at Anfield in a black and white shirt, his return there next season promises to be a good deal livelier - assuming he's not injured again.

Owen commented that:

"It feels great. I never even had it in my wildest dreams really but then I got the call from the manager to come and meet him.

"It was a shock but I'm obviously really happy and things have moved quickly since then.

"I probably had a poor spell up at Newcastle but prior to that, my career was very good and I'm sure a top club like this can re-ignite my career. Hopefully I can score a few goals and help the team to more success.

"It's early days but when you think about United, you automatically think about winning trophies, the stadium, the massive fanbase.

"A lot is made of it and probably a lot will come out in the coming months and years but I certainly don't feel like I'm injury prone.

"I'd like to think that everyone was quite surprised at how my medical was. I knew I would pass my medical, I've obviously passed them before. My fitness is fine."

Four years and £40m+ dismissed in three words "a poor spell". It's of course no shock to learn that his fitness is fine, having been on an elongated warm up since 2005.

Owen doubtless regrets ever setting foot on Tyneside; well, that's at least one thing we can agree on....

PS: comments from Ian Rush:

"People have knocked Michael Owen all his career but he comes back bigger and better. People said he was finished years ago but he's a fantastic player who comes back stronger and better.

"It won't worry him, I know the way he is and he doesn't have to prove anything anyway. It's a chance for Michael to get back and score some goals. He'll get chances for Manchester United and will score goals."

Wise words there from a man who, like Owen, has first hand experience of earning money for old rope at SJP.
Liverpool fan here - not a great fan of Owen, its a suprise going to Man U BUT dont write him off. If you actually look at the stats his strike rate is superb better than Tevez for instance if you compare no of mins on pitch. The issue is fitness and no of game he will play. But as a freebie on pay as you play (relatively low rate as well these days) its a no brainer
Old Jul 9th 2009, 9:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mart1000
Liverpool fan here - not a great fan of Owen, its a suprise going to Man U BUT dont write him off. If you actually look at the stats his strike rate is superb better than Tevez for instance if you compare no of mins on pitch. The issue is fitness and no of game he will play. But as a freebie on pay as you play (relatively low rate as well these days) its a no brainer
can't think of any other play who went from the Vermin to United!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.