Michael bloody Owen

Old Jul 3rd 2009, 10:07 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Michael bloody Owen

Surely the most unlikely football story of the close season came to a speedy conclusion on Friday afternoon, when Michael Owen signed for Manchester United.

The free agent passed a medical and was paraded after a move that may not win him a new legion of fans, but further lowers his standing on the red half of merseyside.

And after being greeted with virtual indifference when playing at Anfield in a black and white shirt, his return there next season promises to be a good deal livelier - assuming he's not injured again.

Owen commented that:

"It feels great. I never even had it in my wildest dreams really but then I got the call from the manager to come and meet him.

"It was a shock but I'm obviously really happy and things have moved quickly since then.

"I probably had a poor spell up at Newcastle but prior to that, my career was very good and I'm sure a top club like this can re-ignite my career. Hopefully I can score a few goals and help the team to more success.

"It's early days but when you think about United, you automatically think about winning trophies, the stadium, the massive fanbase.

"A lot is made of it and probably a lot will come out in the coming months and years but I certainly don't feel like I'm injury prone.

"I'd like to think that everyone was quite surprised at how my medical was. I knew I would pass my medical, I've obviously passed them before. My fitness is fine."

Four years and £40m+ dismissed in three words "a poor spell". It's of course no shock to learn that his fitness is fine, having been on an elongated warm up since 2005.

Owen doubtless regrets ever setting foot on Tyneside; well, that's at least one thing we can agree on....

PS: comments from Ian Rush:

"People have knocked Michael Owen all his career but he comes back bigger and better. People said he was finished years ago but he's a fantastic player who comes back stronger and better.

"It won't worry him, I know the way he is and he doesn't have to prove anything anyway. It's a chance for Michael to get back and score some goals. He'll get chances for Manchester United and will score goals."

Wise words there from a man who, like Owen, has first hand experience of earning money for old rope at SJP.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 1:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Michael bloody Owen

could end up being an amazing signing. but if not they got him for free so no big problem
will still see a couple more signings at OT before the season starts
Old Jul 4th 2009, 2:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 4th 2009, 7:09 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

he is a good golfer ....
Old Jul 4th 2009, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope Fergie didn't buy him for racing tips.

Personally if he gets us ten goals from the bench then its a good buy, I just think there is a potential that Fergie can get him firing again. I think if he gets the right service he will score, would be nice to see him slot a couple home against the dippers at Anfield.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 8:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

So he rejects a 100% certain place in the starting XI at Stoke or Hull, to sit on Fergie's bench for 30 games, of which he will come on as a 68th-minute sub in about 12 of them.

Can we therefore assume money has a lot to do with this?
Old Jul 4th 2009, 8:35 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
could end up being an amazing signing. but if not they got him for free so no big problem
he could be aye for sure, put the ball in front of him in the box and he'll score - still nto sure he's Man U level mnd, but maybe a supersub sort of player.

You need more quality though.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 8:35 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
he is a good golfer ....
Stevey Watson was out yesterday, my mate had him on the double decker brunch.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Surely the most unlikely football story of the close season came to a speedy conclusion on Friday afternoon, when Michael Owen signed for Manchester United.

The free agent passed a medical and was paraded after a move that may not win him a new legion of fans, but further lowers his standing on the red half of merseyside.

And after being greeted with virtual indifference when playing at Anfield in a black and white shirt, his return there next season promises to be a good deal livelier - assuming he's not injured again.

Owen commented that:

"It feels great. I never even had it in my wildest dreams really but then I got the call from the manager to come and meet him.

"It was a shock but I'm obviously really happy and things have moved quickly since then.

"I probably had a poor spell up at Newcastle but prior to that, my career was very good and I'm sure a top club like this can re-ignite my career. Hopefully I can score a few goals and help the team to more success.

"It's early days but when you think about United, you automatically think about winning trophies, the stadium, the massive fanbase.

"A lot is made of it and probably a lot will come out in the coming months and years but I certainly don't feel like I'm injury prone.

"I'd like to think that everyone was quite surprised at how my medical was. I knew I would pass my medical, I've obviously passed them before. My fitness is fine."

Four years and £40m+ dismissed in three words "a poor spell". It's of course no shock to learn that his fitness is fine, having been on an elongated warm up since 2005.

Owen doubtless regrets ever setting foot on Tyneside; well, that's at least one thing we can agree on....

PS: comments from Ian Rush:

"People have knocked Michael Owen all his career but he comes back bigger and better. People said he was finished years ago but he's a fantastic player who comes back stronger and better.

"It won't worry him, I know the way he is and he doesn't have to prove anything anyway. It's a chance for Michael to get back and score some goals. He'll get chances for Manchester United and will score goals."

Wise words there from a man who, like Owen, has first hand experience of earning money for old rope at SJP.

I'm not a Man Utd supporter - being Shepherds Bush born u cant really do it, but I do admire them more than any other team in the EPL. I also remember when Fergie signed Edward Sheringham and people were saying he's the wrong side of 30, wasnt England first choice anymore, blah blah. But Edward came good and showed the Arse his Treble winning medals in season 2.

well - same thing could happen with Owen - written off, but could come good. plus its gonna wind up the Scousers LOL
Old Jul 5th 2009, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timmy Molloy - London Boy
well - same thing could happen with Owen - written off, but could come good. plus its gonna wind up the Scousers LOL
Sheringham gave great service everywhere he played though, Owen has completely taken the piss out of the skunks, he's raped them.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 5:05 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Cock....

Here we go again...

Friggin' English football...

Gonna start calling this place SassenachExpats.com
Old Jul 5th 2009, 5:55 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
You must be truly embarrassed, losing Ronaldo and Tevez then buying a has-been who couldn't even secure a regular place in a Championship quality team. Oh I forgot, you have bought another 16 year old Italian too, who you will probably sell before he reaches 18...times are very hard for Sir Baconface.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lionheart
You must be truly embarrassed, losing Ronaldo and Tevez then buying a has-been who couldn't even secure a regular place in a Championship quality team. Oh I forgot, you have bought another 16 year old Italian too, who you will probably sell before he reaches 18...times are very hard for Sir Baconface.
what a strange post, Man Utd were the best team by a mile last season.. there's little to suggest next will be any different, do people dislike Man Utd for any reaon other than they are successsful ?
Old Jul 6th 2009, 6:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
what a strange post, Man Utd were the best team by a mile last season.. there's little to suggest next will be any different, do people dislike Man Utd for any reaon other than they are successsful ?
as I United supporter I don't mind saying I think we had a poor season in the league. scraping wins unconvincingly.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

I was sooo shocked at this signing BUT i think it will be a good one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.