Medicals

Old Mar 6th 2018, 10:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Medicals

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Generally my runs are intervals... 0.8km run and 0.2km fast walk.

Good work!

As above, i'm still on the intervals but stretching the work and reducing the rest....

Following this approach i'm hitting 5km in 30-31 mins. Work pace is low to mid 5's.

NOt wanting to go running mad but I'd like to be fit enough to do a 10km in a late 40's / early 50's...... bit of work left to go yet.
I just need to commit to it again really. Flying to the UK on Thursday for 4 days. Busy tonight, busy tomorrow and then fly so no more this week but glad I got back into it slightly.

Need to get going for longer again. Maybe do that 2km blast and then walk a while, then go again. Mix that up with shorter intervals like 1k / 200m etc and mix that up with 500/500 type things at different speeds.

Will plan when I'm away.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 11:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
So about 90% carbs.
Indeed, and quite a weird diet at that. Literally no nutritional value.

I’m starting to wonder if DXB was the kid at university would would only eat rice with vinegar on and apples.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 11:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse

I’m starting to wonder if DXB was the kid at university would would only eat rice with vinegar on and apples.
It's the kind of thing he'll tell you he ate.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 12:02 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

... Chocolate is a weakness so generally try to avoid it.

Ah, but a bit of dark chocolate each night is good for you.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

So about 90% carbs.
I don't see that calculation. The only carb are in the morning croissant, puy lentils and the lunch roll. FYI it's about 15% lentils to 85% carrots in the meal.

Last edited by DXBtoDOH; Mar 6th 2018 at 12:27 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

No. I was the kid who subsisted on nothing but coffee and cigarettes. Then again it was 1999 and it was still ok to do that back then.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
It's the kind of thing he'll tell you he ate.
I do have other things on the weekend. Even pizza. Thai takeaway. Occasional grilled steak. But it's the daily Sunday-Thursday diet.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Roll it with a trigger point grid roller mate , the solus is usually the culprit as it's the one that's tight and then that overworks the tendon .

It's a real pain but try and not to run on it without working on the calf as you'll ping it eventually.

I have a lot of trouble with mine and have to keep to a really strict mobility programme.
My roller is pretty brutal....! I got the pointy one! Will certainly give it some more work over the next few days, especially once it loosens off. It's strange though as it has never really given me an issue before.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think my diet meets the requirements (sort of, it's probably more like 600 - 600 - 400).

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-f...ting-calories/

There's a fun quiz too. See how right you are at counting calories
Old Mar 6th 2018, 4:12 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
I think my diet meets the requirements (sort of, it's probably more like 600 - 600 - 400).

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-f...ting-calories/

There's a fun quiz too. See how right you are at counting calories
Fat / Carbs / Protein

100g yogurt: 7.4 / 10.6 / 7.9
Croissant: 12 / 27 / 5
2 carrots: .2 / 15.6 / 1.4
50g lentils: .65 / 28 / 12
2 spears broccoli: 1 / 20 / 10.6
1 cup spinach: .2 / 2 / 1.6
1 egg: 4 / 0 / 6
1 tbsp olive oil: 14 / 0 / 0

55% Carbs / 24% Protein / 21% Fat
Old Mar 6th 2018, 5:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, but a bit of dark chocolate each night is good for you.
I find it keeps me awake at first but then I sleep really well after.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 3:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
I do have other things on the weekend. Even pizza. Thai takeaway. Occasional grilled steak. But it's the daily Sunday-Thursday diet.
I bet you have a Hawaiian pizza don't you.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 3:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Without the ham or pineapple. That’s too spicy.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 3:52 am
Account Closed

Without the ham or pineapple. That’s too spicy.

Pineapple on a pizza. It's a disgrace.

I've just ordered bacon and sausage baps from Fibbers because I'm hungover and need it for the gainz.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Yep. And with barbecue sauce on it.

No, not really. Usually just plain or sometimes with grilled vegs if it's an option.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.