Medicals

Old Mar 7th 2018, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Fat / Carbs / Protein

100g yogurt: 7.4 / 10.6 / 7.9
Croissant: 12 / 27 / 5
2 carrots: .2 / 15.6 / 1.4
50g lentils: .65 / 28 / 12
2 spears broccoli: 1 / 20 / 10.6
1 cup spinach: .2 / 2 / 1.6
1 egg: 4 / 0 / 6
1 tbsp olive oil: 14 / 0 / 0

55% Carbs / 24% Protein / 21% Fat
How accurate. You aren't living in my cupboard, are you?

How did you do the calculation? App or online? Does it tell you the calorie count?
Old Mar 7th 2018, 6:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
No, not really. Usually just plain or sometimes with grilled vegs if it's an option.
Are all of your clothes beige?
Old Mar 7th 2018, 6:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Are all of your clothes beige?
Only the undies but they were white originally, just years of underinvestment.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 6:29 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
How accurate. You aren't living in my cupboard, are you?

How did you do the calculation? App or online? Does it tell you the calorie count?
Nutrition database I have on my laptop, but I'd hope any decent app would result in something similar. The database includes calories, but I didn't include them: all you need to do is multiply the carbs and proteins by 4 and fats by 9 to be there or thereabouts.

CarbManager app is quite good.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 6:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

App: My fitness pal
Old Mar 7th 2018, 6:45 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I find it keeps me awake at first but then I sleep really well after.
Does it net out as negative calories?
Old Mar 7th 2018, 6:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Does it net out as negative calories?
I think so. I’m literally hyperactive from the first couple of tastes.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 6:52 am
Hit 16's

I think so. I’m literally hyperactive from the first couple of tastes.
Could be the filling. You're not having this, are you?

Medicals-choc.jpg
Old Mar 7th 2018, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Only the undies but they were white originally, just years of underinvestment.
You can be cruel, Millhouse.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Could be the filling. You're not having this, are you?
Nah, They look like milk chocolate which I can’t eat anymore. Once you’ve got a taste for dark chocolate anything else isn’t right.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

ExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of light

Good advice on here.

To emphasize/add:

- Compound moves are key to burning fat and building muscle. Always do the most labour intensive exercises first (ie. compound). Chest day will start with bench press, back day will be with deadlift. Accessory/isolation exercises should be towards the end.

- Progressive overload is important. Constantly look to increase the weight incrementally over a time period so you constantly grow and develop.

- MMC (Muscle Mind Connection) can make a huge difference to a workout by focussing the mind on the body part you are trying to develop.

- Don't bother with the smiths (aka devil) machine. I see alot of people doing squats and benchpress using it. It fails to prepare and develop the supporting muscles to do squats and bench presses safely.

- If you want to keep eating your favourite foods but still reach your goals, it's worth looking into IIFYM (If it fits your macros). It's nutrient/calorie counting which I'm too lazy to do haha

- Assessing lean body mass is a way better metric than BMI.

- Endurance and long distance cardio will have a negative impact on muscle building.

Happy to provide tips on the compound lifts on pushing the most weight
Old Mar 7th 2018, 8:28 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I am soooooo fat right now, it depresses me. I came here with the notion of doing something about it in my spare time. Shame about the first 2 weeks in the Metropolitan...the Red Lion had other plans...

At least since I moved to the Palm flats near the track I've been walking quite a bit. I've got a bit fitter and stronger, but still carrying too much blubber. I need to learn to control midweek drinking and eating. I started smoking again for a while, but have knocked that on the head (Alan Carr's book/CD helped me - I just don't want them, even when a bit tiddly).

Wondering if joining a gym and getting a PT involved would be wise. I've got into the heavy weight/low rep thing before and it is effective. I've also used MFP before. Just need to get a ****ing grip!
Old Mar 7th 2018, 8:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by ExpatAl
- If you want to keep eating your favourite foods but still reach your goals, it's worth looking into IIFYM (If it fits your macros). It's nutrient/calorie counting which I'm too lazy to do haha
INteresting stuff.

Mine:
2754 CALORIES
188 PROTEINS
310 CARBS
85 FATS
Old Mar 7th 2018, 9:00 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Scamp
INteresting stuff.

Mine:
2754 CALORIES
188 PROTEINS
310 CARBS
85 FATS
Not all carbs are equal, fats too.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 9:13 am
Account Closed

Not all carbs are equal, fats too.
As long as Waitrose sell 85 Fats I'm fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.