Medicals

Old Mar 6th 2018, 7:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Medicals

Originally Posted by Millhouse
try eating more.
Preach
Old Mar 6th 2018, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Eat more what? Meat? If so what kind of meat? I suppose I don't need more vegetable intake.
Food would be a good start, but wherever else you get your protein from. But not Soy.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Food would be a good start, but wherever else you get your protein from. But not Soy.
What do you eat, Millhouse?
Old Mar 6th 2018, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
OK, noted on the Macros (will see about getting this in check - probably by using my fitness Pal again and logging my food).

Have looked up the compound movements and will integrate them when I get back in the gym this week.

Personally though I don't wish to put on a load of muscle. I would prefer to get rid of my remaining gut, lower my overall body fat percentage and then just tone up / sculpt it a bit.

Suggestions.

Currently I'm doing lots of cardio (running 5km & fast walking 6.5km) about 3-4 times a week. Say 25km a week on average. However, I have just got a gym membership so will probably reduce that as I have lost the majority of what I want / need to lose (5kg gone, ideally say another 3-4kg to go). Also, woke up with a screwed achillies after my run last night so I'm going to have to change my approach until that fixes itself.
Incorporate the Basic lifting moves into your routine if you can , you won't put on a load of muscle if the macros don't calculate that you'll burn fat if specified .

i have 2 very simple thoughts on endurance training , you either go low HR zone two and go slow and long or you red line it in intervals , anything else once you've built your base fitness threshold is a waste of time.

Be careful with the achilles as it's the most common overuse injury along with shin splints . Build a core mobility programme on the floor before and after you run . Glute bridges / eccentric heel drops / goblet squats and hip extensions. The stronger core will keep your lower half from breaking down.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

What do you eat, Millhouse?
Pretty balanced. I don't really do processed foods though unless no other options. I don't eat a lot of fruit, but do have lots of salad. Chocolate is a weakness so generally try to avoid it.

Breakfast is sugar free granola with my home-made yogurt.
Lunch is often my largest meal. Lots of meat in some form (chicken/beef usually). Carbs depending on if I worked out just before hand.
Latte
Dinner - tomorrows lunch.

I don't generally eat at a 50:35:15 P:C:F ratio, but nor am I trying to change my body shape.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 9:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Incorporate the Basic lifting moves into your routine if you can , you won't put on a load of muscle if the macros don't calculate that you'll burn fat if specified .

i have 2 very simple thoughts on endurance training , you either go low HR zone two and go slow and long or you red line it in intervals , anything else once you've built your base fitness threshold is a waste of time.

Be careful with the achilles as it's the most common overuse injury along with shin splints . Build a core mobility programme on the floor before and after you run . Glute bridges / eccentric heel drops / goblet squats and hip extensions. The stronger core will keep your lower half from breaking down.
and intervals is so much more interesting.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 9:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

you either go low HR zone two and go slow and long or you red line it in intervals , anything else once you've built your base fitness threshold is a waste of time.
Did the first two runs last night and night before since that Wellman thing a while back.
Sunday was jog 1km, walk a bit, jog 800m, walk a bit, jog 500m. Just to get back into moving at more than a walk.
Monday was jog 2km non stop as short on time. Latched onto this little fella who overtook me and the mrs. She went ahead and we were never more than 6-7m apart as a 3. Bloke probably had no idea but I ended up on his heel at the end of 2km and had smashed it in 12min6s. Was chuffed. Could have kept going I think but the increased pace was easier than I thought. Made the run go quicker, smoother and less leg pain.

my home-made yogurt.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 9:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Scamp

So much nicer than anything you can buy. Ten minutes to make (well 10 hours), and is great. I can hardly eat shop yogurts now even though I used to love them.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty balanced. I don't really do processed foods though unless no other options. I don't eat a lot of fruit, but do have lots of salad. Chocolate is a weakness so generally try to avoid it.

Breakfast is sugar free granola with my home-made yogurt.
Lunch is often my largest meal. Lots of meat in some form (chicken/beef usually). Carbs depending on if I worked out just before hand.
Latte
Dinner - tomorrows lunch.

I don't generally eat at a 50:35:15 P:C:F ratio, but nor am I trying to change my body shape.
So you don't eat dinner.

I have a plain unsweetened yogurt before the daily swim and afterwards I grab a cappuccino and a croissant.

Lunch is the standard carrots & lentils plus steamed broccoli. Sometimes I have a roll with it, sometimes not. Lunch is my largest meal.

Dinner is just a plain spinach salad with a diced egg and a sprinkling of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

No snacks. I used to have an afternoon apple but it's been a while.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Did the first two runs last night and night before since that Wellman thing a while back.
Sunday was jog 1km, walk a bit, jog 800m, walk a bit, jog 500m. Just to get back into moving at more than a walk.
Monday was jog 2km non stop as short on time. Latched onto this little fella who overtook me and the mrs. She went ahead and we were never more than 6-7m apart as a 3. Bloke probably had no idea but I ended up on his heel at the end of 2km and had smashed it in 12min6s. Was chuffed. Could have kept going I think but the increased pace was easier than I thought. Made the run go quicker, smoother and less leg pain.

It's great to build the speed and endurance , it can get technical with strides / fartlek and recovery clicks but the basic facts remain . Drive the HR then rest and repeat repeat repeat and pass out
Old Mar 6th 2018, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

I do track my HR zones. My fast walking keeps my heart rate average between 110 and 130bpm for an hour which is either upper zone 1 if using the Karnavan (gold seal apparently) method or in zone 2/3 if using the Tanaka, Monahan & Seals (most commonly used it seems) method. Lower down the zones the difference between the two methods is considerable (approx 30bpm for max zone 1).

For my runs my heart rate average is 155-165, so zone 3/4 (Karnavan) or 5 (Tanaka et al).

I do a pretty decent warm up (I think). I follow one a youtube vid from a chiropractor. 15 mins of dynamic stretching with the routine specifically devised for running. I think go out and do about 500m of on the move stretching warm up, jogs etc before starting to run. I also do the foam roler straight after.

I think the achillies issue is actually due to me protecting my calf which is often a bit of a prick. It's tight today but theres no pain, swelling or heat so fingers crossed it goes away pretty quickly. Really need to sort my calf out tho.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

and intervals is so much more interesting.
Generally my runs are intervals... 0.8km run and 0.2km fast walk.

Good work!

As above, i'm still on the intervals but stretching the work and reducing the rest....

Following this approach i'm hitting 5km in 30-31 mins. Work pace is low to mid 5's.

NOt wanting to go running mad but I'd like to be fit enough to do a 10km in a late 40's / early 50's...... bit of work left to go yet.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jam25mack
I do track my HR zones. My fast walking keeps my heart rate average between 110 and 130bpm for an hour which is either upper zone 1 if using the Karnavan (gold seal apparently) method or in zone 2/3 if using the Tanaka, Monahan & Seals (most commonly used it seems) method. Lower down the zones the difference between the two methods is considerable (approx 30bpm for max zone 1).

For my runs my heart rate average is 155-165, so zone 3/4 (Karnavan) or 5 (Tanaka et al).

I do a pretty decent warm up (I think). I follow one a youtube vid from a chiropractor. 15 mins of dynamic stretching with the routine specifically devised for running. I think go out and do about 500m of on the move stretching warm up, jogs etc before starting to run. I also do the foam roler straight after.

I think the achillies issue is actually due to me protecting my calf which is often a bit of a prick. It's tight today but theres no pain, swelling or heat so fingers crossed it goes away pretty quickly. Really need to sort my calf out tho.
Roll it with a trigger point grid roller mate , the solus is usually the culprit as it's the one that's tight and then that overworks the tendon .

It's a real pain but try and not to run on it without working on the calf as you'll ping it eventually.

I have a lot of trouble with mine and have to keep to a really strict mobility programme.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So you don't eat dinner.

I have a plain unsweetened yogurt before the daily swim and afterwards I grab a cappuccino and a croissant.

Lunch is the standard carrots & lentils plus steamed broccoli. Sometimes I have a roll with it, sometimes not. Lunch is my largest meal.

Dinner is just a plain spinach salad with a diced egg and a sprinkling of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

I do eat dinner. More often than not, it then becomes lunch.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 10:41 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

So you don't eat dinner.

So about 90% carbs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.