Mashaweer Dubai READ!

Old Jun 25th 2013, 1:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Mashaweer Dubai READ!

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Can we talk about mother and child parking bays being near the door in super markets too? It's not a decision, not a disability...
I always park in them.

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Obviously as a nice person I agree with you and would always give up my seat, help carry etc when a heavily pregnant person is in need, however pregnancy here appears to be an affliction which renders you completely helpless from the second you concieve. At the end of the day you are being paid to do the job, if you are not fit for the purpose of your job then take the time off sick, why should others carry your work because you chose to get pregnant..
I don't disagree with you. Maybe my point is that someone should be polite enough to be willing to help someone out?

It's not her job to move your desk to the other side of the room, it's become an expectation.
Old Jun 25th 2013, 1:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Mother and child bays should be over the other side of the car parks, they take too long to park and leave as they faff about, at least the child will scream away from everyone else and they don't block walkways with prams etc. And if they insist on having them by the door surely they could allocate a time slot, so they are just used between 11 and 3 - normal yummy mummy coffee morning times- kids should not be out shopping at 9 at night!

They should have in a real rush won't be more than half an hour bays which should be close to the doors and also bad driver bays which should be double width of normal bays and placed on the roof.
Old Jun 25th 2013, 1:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Scamp- oh you meant manners- doh - they don't exist anymore!

What really gets on my wick is people that stand in front of lift doors and try to get in before they let anyone out- makes my blood boil when you have to squeeze past. Patience truly is a virtue.
Old Jun 25th 2013, 2:15 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Scamp- oh you meant manners- doh - they don't exist anymore!

What really gets on my wick is people that stand in front of lift doors and try to get in before they let anyone out- makes my blood boil when you have to squeeze past. Patience truly is a virtue.
x 2, ditto for the metro...argh!!!

and ill add to that, the ones who press BOTH the buttons to call the lift and will get in the first one that comes along if it is empty but if there is someone in it and not going their way, would just stand there and smile like the ****ing gits that they are!! I actually once got in a screaming match with this twit and he kept on insisting that it does not matter and why was I getting angry?
at times like these I wish I was back home where I would have the luxury to punch him in the face and not worry too much about repercussions
Old Jun 25th 2013, 3:16 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper

and ill add to that, the ones who press BOTH the buttons to call the lift and will get in the first one that comes along if it is empty but if there is someone in it and not going their way, would just stand there and smile like the ****ing gits that they are!! I actually once got in a screaming match with this twit and he kept on insisting that it does not matter and why was I getting angry?
at times like these I wish I was back home where I would have the luxury to punch him in the face and not worry too much about repercussions
Get in the lift they get into, make sure you get to the buttons first. Press your floor at the same time as the door close button. Regardless of what floor they press the lift will go straight to yours first.
Old Jun 25th 2013, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

I used to wonder why the people waiting didn't use common sense and just stand off to the side, until I realised that they probably feel others wouldn't do the same . Probably a bit like why some people don't leave adequate space between them and the car ahead , because someone always squeezes in.
Old Jun 25th 2013, 4:53 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by shiva
Get in the lift they get into, make sure you get to the buttons first. Press your floor at the same time as the door close button. Regardless of what floor they press the lift will go straight to yours first.
Really? I never knew that.
Old Jun 25th 2013, 6:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper

Well said.

Lift stops on the way up at level 20. Doors open. "Going down?" He asks..."no, up." I reply.

Before the doors shut and before his head has finishe wobbling I hold them open, step out, see the light for 'UP' is flashing. Look back to man, point to flashing light; "what does that say? Did you press up and down?"

"Yes"

"You're a ****ing moron. Stop it."

I wish I had taken a photo of his face. Priceless.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Scamp and kittykat1 - when/if you ever have children, you'll realise the value of the parent/child spaces. It's not just that they're often close the the entrance/exit, more important is that the spaces are bigger or there is some space between them in order to manoeuvre a baby or child into their car seat and strap them in. Not easy when you've got some forkwit in a Land Cruiser parked right on the line next to you...

And Scamp, I hope you're joking about always parking in them?
Old Jun 26th 2013, 5:17 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
Scamp and kittykat1 - when/if you ever have children, you'll realise the value of the parent/child spaces. It's not just that they're often close the the entrance/exit, more important is that the spaces are bigger or there is some space between them in order to manoeuvre a baby or child into their car seat and strap them in. Not easy when you've got some forkwit in a Land Cruiser parked right on the line next to you...

Exactly
Old Jun 26th 2013, 5:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ah I see Milly- I have no problem withthem having wider spaces.

And if and when I ever have kids they will never come shopping with me- that is what the cupboard space under stairs is for
Old Jun 26th 2013, 6:04 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millsyisland

Couple of things:

1. What did people do before?
2. What if they are full, what do people do then?

Separately, I don't really have a problem with them existing, it's good PR and CSR bollocks for Sainsbury's to use to look like they give a monkeys.

What seems illogical, is that they are always next to the disabled bays, nearest the door. Why?
Old Jun 26th 2013, 6:11 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
What seems illogical, is that they are always next to the disabled bays, nearest the door. Why?
Disabled toilets are massive, the only ones big enough to run around in. Why?
Old Jun 26th 2013, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mikewot
Disabled toilets are massive, the only ones big enough to run around in. Why?
wheelchairs maybe
Old Jun 26th 2013, 6:37 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mogs
wheelchairs maybe
Whoosh!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.