Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

mandatory child car restraints in UAE

mandatory child car restraints in UAE

Old Aug 21st 2013, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

Yoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mandatory child car restraints in UAE

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
The problem with using the money argument is that you invariably create a cituation where individual freedoms and liberties are compromised by the State all under the guise of saving money or saving people from themselves.loom
The money argument can also be used to defend the idea that your freedom is more important than mine if you can pay more for it. If you want to smoke, you are free to do so and pay the taxes on the cigarettes and the fines you cop for breaking the state's rules against smoking. I, too, am free to beat the cr*p out of you for blowing smoke in my face as long as I'm prepared to pay the lawyers and/or the fines that would eventuate.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 6:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Yoohoo
I, too, am free to beat the cr*p out of you for blowing smoke in my face as long as I'm prepared to pay the lawyers and/or the fines that would eventuate.
You're not though.

You won't be free when you're in prison for assault.

Lots of your arguments make sense but this one is just stupid.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Yoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
You're not though.

You won't be free when you're in prison for assault.

Lots of your arguments make sense but this one is just stupid.
Hmm...it's unlikely I'd go to prison for that kind of assault and even if I did I could probably pay enough in fines, bribes and lawyers fees to stay out. That was the point I was trying to make.

Freedom always comes at a price.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 7:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Hmm...it's unlikely I'd go to prison for that kind of assault and even if I did I could probably pay enough in fines, bribes and lawyers fees to stay out. That was the point I was trying to make.

Freedom always comes at a price.
What if you were unsuccessful, I accidentally blew smoke away from the person I'm talking to and you happen to be passing at that point...I didn't notice and apolgise to you but you flip out and start trying to 'beat the crap out' of me, but I actually plant a right peachy smacker on your sniffer?

Then a brawl erupts, a couple of your pals, couple of mine, we fight for 6-7 minutes, I emerge victorious but in a show of fighting spirit, pick you up, dust you off and buy you a pint.

The End.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Just play this over and over on local tv channels.

especially the 1 at 05.13.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

The money argument can also be used to defend the idea that your freedom is more important than mine if you can pay more for it. If you want to smoke, you are free to do so and pay the taxes on the cigarettes and the fines you cop for breaking the state's rules against smoking. I, too, am free to beat the cr*p out of you for blowing smoke in my face as long as I'm prepared to pay the lawyers and/or the fines that would eventuate.
This is not about smoking indoors; and your example about blowing smoke into one's face would be a case of the smoker infringing on your rights. Wearing seat belts or helmets isn't infringing on your personal space/rights.
Old Aug 21st 2013, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kix
I'm more interested in knowing the pet names for the other wives, so marroonfish, we have The "Bubbly one", what are the names of the other 3?

The "Trumpy one", the "Grumpy one" and the "Frumpy one"?
It seems that I’ve caught your imagination then, Hey!!.. But you are right, I’ve had a few pet names for them, I had ‘the tanned melon’, ‘ the bouncy blond’, ‘the curly mind’, and so on.

To be frank with you, I’ve just lost count of how many times I actually got married!! in each and every time it was she who proposed to me, and ironically it was she who later on dumped me!!!!, the reason in all the cases was the same, ‘he is just a selfish bastard’.. I think they meant I take the duvet cover all to myself when I am in bed!!!!
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 5:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by redShark
It seems that I’ve caught your imagination then, Hey!!.. But you are right, I’ve had a few pet names for them, I had ‘the tanned melon’, ‘ the bouncy blond’, ‘the curly mind’, and so on.

To be frank with you, I’ve just lost count of how many times I actually got married!! in each and every time it was she who proposed to me, and ironically it was she who later on dumped me!!!!, the reason in all the cases was the same, ‘he is just a selfish bastard’.. I think they meant I take the duvet cover all to myself when I am in bed!!!!
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

This is not about smoking indoors; and your example about blowing smoke into one's face would be a case of the smoker infringing on your rights. Wearing seat belts or helmets isn't infringing on your personal space/rights.
Wearing seat belts or helmets is important not just for the person who is being told by the State they must (for reasons already laid out), but also for their dependents. A baby has no choice but to bear the consequences of the choice of a person who decides not to strap him in - which surely is something we would want the State to become involved with. The State is given authority to protect the helpless and this means your freedom to be a twat to a baby is and should be curtailed.

That same baby must also bear the consequences of its provider dying or becoming disabled and when this happens due to the poor choices made by this provider, the State should be allowed to step in for the same reason I mentioned above.

Exercising one's rights nearly always impacts on others'. The regulation of rights is really what the State is all about.
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 11:47 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Wearing seat belts or helmets is important not just for the person who is being told by the State they must (for reasons already laid out), but also for their dependents. A baby has no choice but to bear the consequences of the choice of a person who decides not to strap him in - which surely is something we would want the State to become involved with. The State is given authority to protect the helpless and this means your freedom to be a twat to a baby is and should be curtailed.

That same baby must also bear the consequences of its provider dying or becoming disabled and when this happens due to the poor choices made by this provider, the State should be allowed to step in for the same reason I mentioned above.

Exercising one's rights nearly always impacts on others'. The regulation of rights is really what the State is all about.

The only caveat being where do you draw the line, but in most cases its bleeding obvious, as in this one.
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark
I take the duvet cover all to myself when I am in bed!!!!
Excuse me, that would be "comforter" . Please you the right term or there just might be a drone flying over you.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Excuse me, that would be "comforter" . Please you the right term or there just might be a drone flying over you.
http://www.diffen.com/difference/Comforter_vs_Duvet

Comforters are typically just another part of a bedding set used in a bedroom. The comforter will normally match the other linens, such as the bed sheets and pillow cases. Comforters will often come in bedding sets that have coordinating separates and make decorating easy. In contrast, duvets do not always match with additional bedding. Duvet covers are generally sold separately from duvets and are best for anyone with a design theme in mind since they require coordinating bed linens.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 2:34 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

This has got far too flangey.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
This has got far too flangey.
Same thing...

flangey
Something that is really cool and intricate, compared to everyday things. Flangey is stylish. Flangey is cool. Flangey is showy.

Pronounced flan-gee.
That Ferrari is flangey.

That was a really flangey move.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 6:04 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Same thing...

flangey
Something that is really cool and intricate, compared to everyday things. Flangey is stylish. Flangey is cool. Flangey is showy.

Pronounced flan-gee.
That Ferrari is flangey.

That was a really flangey move.
Flangey bollocks more like.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.