The Manchester Derby

Old Feb 12th 2011, 4:41 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Manchester Derby

City have spent enough money this year to buy a win against United. Hopefully it won't happen though
Old Feb 12th 2011, 6:59 am
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice

So where is everyone watching it?
I have found the Byblos in tecom to be good lately for football or Golden tulip in Barsha, Players Lounge is a bit far now but a good place too.
Old Feb 12th 2011, 11:22 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glynster
So where is everyone watching it?
I have found the Byblos in tecom to be good lately for football or Golden tulip in Barsha, Players Lounge is a bit far now but a good place too.
I go to the Sofitel purely because its no smoking
Old Feb 12th 2011, 1:59 pm
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Get in...
Attached Thumbnails The Manchester Derby-_51221088_-11.jpg  
Old Feb 12th 2011, 2:41 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

A truly great goal to win a closely contested derby.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 7:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I watched it with my son in that unpronounceable bar in Al Manzil ("Nezesauzasie"?). Full of rugby boys waiting for England v Italy to start (as were we), but even they sat up and took notice of that goal...........
Old Feb 13th 2011, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lionheart
A truly great goal to win a closely contested derby.
Two amazing goals from United and a lucky deflected goal from City....it wasn't that close.

Silva had a good game as did Toure. The rest of them didn't seem bothered.

Having said that, Utd were pretty poor.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 8:37 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Viewed totally impartially (and I'm a Man U fan, sort of), I reckon the goal should have been disallowed for dangerous play by Rooney. I only saw it live (on TV) with a few replays, and haven't managed to see it again or find any photos of the crucial seconds, but at the time I thought that the defender coming in from Rooney's right (as he hit the ball) had to pull up from trying to head the ball otherwise Rooney would have kicked him in the head. No?
Old Feb 13th 2011, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Viewed totally impartially (and I'm a Man U fan, sort of), I reckon the goal should have been disallowed for dangerous play by Rooney. I only saw it live (on TV) with a few replays, and haven't managed to see it again or find any photos of the crucial seconds, but at the time I thought that the defender coming in from Rooney's right (as he hit the ball) had to pull up from trying to head the ball otherwise Rooney would have kicked him in the head. No?
If you didn't just say that you were a United fan i'd say that your comment smells of City desperation.

But no, i don't honestly agree.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 8:54 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CeeBee
Two amazing goals from United and a lucky deflected goal from City....it wasn't that close.

Silva had a good game as did Toure. The rest of them didn't seem bothered.

Having said that, Utd were pretty poor.
If Man U win the league this will be their weakest team ever to win it I reckon.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

No - for that to be a foul, there would have to be intent on Rooney's part (as interpreted by the referee). He had no intention of doing anything other than kicking the ball (in one slow motion clip I saw from a certain angle, you could even see his eyes).
Old Feb 14th 2011, 3:56 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Dean
No - for that to be a foul, there would have to be intent on Rooney's part (as interpreted by the referee). He had no intention of doing anything other than kicking the ball (in one slow motion clip I saw from a certain angle, you could even see his eyes).
Out of interest, I have often seen players pulled up by the referee for high use of the boot irrespective of intent. However, I don't think Richards or Kompany would have got anywhere near the ball unless Rooney had failed to connect. It was almost identical to the Dennis Tueart bicycle kick which won City the League Cup back in 1976 (against the Toon) so I have no complaints.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 3:43 pm

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
If Man U win the league this will be their weakest team ever to win it I reckon.
Ditto, and that comes from a Man u fan....
Old Feb 16th 2011, 8:29 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Out of interest, I have often seen players pulled up by the referee for high use of the boot irrespective of intent. However, I don't think Richards or Kompany would have got anywhere near the ball unless Rooney had failed to connect. It was almost identical to the Dennis Tueart bicycle kick which won City the League Cup back in 1976 (against the Toon) so I have no complaints.
The Dean's wrong on this one. There is no requirement of intent, its whether the play is dangerous or not. Written in the rule book.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 12:31 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

The Dean's wrong on this one. There is no requirement of intent, its whether the play is dangerous or not. Written in the rule book.
It was a tremendous goal and I don't think there should be any hint of a foul or anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.