The Manchester Derby

Old Feb 10th 2011, 9:20 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Manchester Derby

Here are the thoughts of Dennis (the Menace) Law on the big match...

Manchester legend Denis Law believes City are primed to dominate the game in England and there’s nothing United can do about it.

The two clubs line up for another explosive derby clash this weekend and the 70-year-old, who played for both, has been impressed with the progress City have made this season.

And he’s tipping Roberto Mancini's men to push United all the way in the coming years, providing Sir Alex Ferguson with a unique challenge.

Fergie’s side lead the Premier League by four points over Arsenal with City just a point back in third, but Law believes the status quo is set to change.

Law, who spent more than a decade at United before moving to City in 1973, told Goal.com UK: “This is a side which can command English football for years to come. They've got the money, the players, the fanbase and a manager who knows all about winning.

“The title this year is one thing they may not win, but there's no reason why they can't go on to build their own dynasty just like, dare I say it, Sir Alex has over the last 20 years.

“City's golden era in the 1960s looks like it will be eclipsed in the coming seasons and I'm excited about that."
Old Feb 10th 2011, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Manchester Derby

Originally Posted by lionheart

Manchester legend Denis Law believes City are primed to dominate the game in England and there’s nothing United can do about it.

The two clubs line up for another explosive derby clash this weekend and the 70-year-old, who played for both, has been impressed with the progress City have made this season.

And he’s tipping Roberto Mancini's men to push United all the way in the coming years, providing Sir Alex Ferguson with a unique challenge.

Fergie’s side lead the Premier League by four points over Arsenal with City just a point back in third, but Law believes the status quo is set to change.

Law, who spent more than a decade at United before moving to City in 1973, told Goal.com UK: “This is a side which can command English football for years to come. They've got the money, the players, the fanbase and a manager who knows all about winning.

“The title this year is one thing they may not win, but there's no reason why they can't go on to build their own dynasty just like, dare I say it, Sir Alex has over the last 20 years.

“City's golden era in the 1960s looks like it will be eclipsed in the coming seasons and I'm excited about that."
They're a far better team this season than last , i rate Mancini , i think he's had a tough job keeping all the prima donnas happy. On the other hand if you throw enough money at the team it's bound to come good some time.

Great times if you're a City fan though
Old Feb 10th 2011, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

alfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to behold

we all know which side referee will be on
Old Feb 10th 2011, 10:08 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by alfrombarking
Berbatov is bound to score in Fergie time.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 10:19 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

I hope it's better than the last one, it was shite.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Yawn!
Old Feb 10th 2011, 2:28 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I think this whole "referees favour such-and-such team" is utter bollocks. I think any manager who openly criticises either a particular referee, or generaly suggests that they're impartial, should get a smack in the teeth, literally and metaphorically.

As stated in another thread, power brings with it responsibility. Managers (and commentators) have huge power (in that they influence people)--to suggest that those entrusted with refereenig are biased is an abuse of that power.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 2:53 pm
Banned

Coffee Mate is an unknown quantity at this point

Now I know how my wife feels when I start talkin about American Football....

No wonder she thinks i'm an idiot
Old Feb 10th 2011, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

The latest theory from the other teams is that apparently fergie has his own group of managers (McLeish, moyes, bruce etc) that daren't beat united and instead roll over to allow us to win.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by co durham boy
They're a far better team this season than last , i rate Mancini , i think he's had a tough job keeping all the prima donnas happy. On the other hand if you throw enough money at the team it's bound to come good some time.

Great times if you're a City fan though
See chelsea.....throwing money at them hardly turned them into a world dominator.

It takes weeks to make a squad....it takes years to build a team.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coffee Mate
Now I know how my wife feels when I start talkin about American Football....

No wonder she thinks i'm an idiot
Yeah, would have to agree with her, it is perhaps the daftest 'sport' ever played.

City to win, ManYoo to have their much expected blip, Gooners to catch up and it all goes to the last game of the season. I can't understand how ManYoo are so many points clear, I don't think they've been at their best for around two years, since Ronaldo left.

But, it's all Premiership glitz and showbiz. It's not real football is it.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 6:41 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I think this whole "referees favour such-and-such team" is utter bollocks. I think any manager who openly criticises either a particular referee, or generaly suggests that they're impartial, should get a smack in the teeth, literally and metaphorically.

As stated in another thread, power brings with it responsibility. Managers (and commentators) have huge power (in that they influence people)--to suggest that those entrusted with refereenig are biased is an abuse of that power.
I agree totally. The crowd can possibly sway a ref if it's a big game, but I don't think there's any favouristism at all.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 4:17 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I agree totally. The crowd can possibly sway a ref if it's a big game, but I don't think there's any favouristism at all.
The last time the Rags conceded a penalty at the Swamp was in 2007 against Bolton. Also, one particular referee has not overseen a City win against any opponents in over 20 league and cup games.Do you still think that referees are not affected by Whiskeynose?
Old Feb 12th 2011, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

The last time the Rags conceded a penalty at the Swamp was in 2007 against Bolton. Also, one particular referee has not overseen a City win against any opponents in over 20 league and cup games.Do you still think that referees are not affected by Whiskeynose?
not bitter at all

massive club Citeh
Old Feb 12th 2011, 4:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sandboy
not bitter at all

massive club Citeh
Noisy neighbours, pal. CTID

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.