Man Utd.

Old Oct 29th 2012, 5:57 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Man Utd.

Originally Posted by The Dean
Well said - I find I like you more and more.........
Steady....
Old Oct 29th 2012, 6:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
There is much debate about whether my condition is genetic or environmental but either way I find I have little choice over whom I find attractive and repulsive. From birth, thus, I have always known that I was part of the "Stand Up if you hate MU" crowd.

But latterly, I find feelings about Chelsea interfering with my natural targets of hatred. Yes, yes, I think Abramovich/Mourinho/Terry/Cole/Drogba have turned me...

And they've even got Torres, the only Spanish player (with the occasional exception of Busquets) that I actively dislike.

I'm trying to watch less football this year so I'm pleased that yesterday's gigglefest (so much comic defending and poor acting) doesn't count against my quota as it was anything but a proper football match.
I haven't always disliked United. I try not to let it overshadow how impressive their record is. SAF annoys me because he thinks he is bigger than football.

It annoys me that people bemoan big spenders but United have always spent lots.

Torres is a player I like, he doesn't have to score goals to have played well, which is strange for a forward. I hope he finds some scoring form soon though because he is excellent.

Drogba never annoyed me too much because he was completely unplayable.

Terry and Cole are a pair of helmets. On the pitch however, both are still excellent...especially the latter.

A player who I do think is quality and never seems to lack a brilliant delivery is Valencia.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scamp
I haven't always disliked United. I try not to let it overshadow how impressive their record is. SAF annoys me because he thinks he is bigger than football.

It annoys me that people bemoan big spenders but United have always spent lots.

Torres is a player I like, he doesn't have to score goals to have played well, which is strange for a forward. I hope he finds some scoring form soon though because he is excellent.

Drogba never annoyed me too much because he was completely unplayable.

Terry and Cole are a pair of helmets. On the pitch however, both are still excellent...especially the latter.

A player who I do think is quality and never seems to lack a brilliant delivery is Valencia.
The ref was a joke yesterday, but they are under so much pressure they are going to make mistakes! It just always seems to be in the rags favor! or maybe I should take my blue tinted spectacles off!

Agree on Valencia, I think he is one of the better players at that club and I am always happy when he doesn't play!
Old Oct 29th 2012, 7:37 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Ivanovic - I've watched again and I still reckon Young was on his way down before his heel hits BI's leg.
I don't think Ivanovic can complain about being sent off as he fell for the oldest trick in the book. He knows that if you get too close to the player they will kick their legs up behind them so that they get tripped up.

I'm confused as to how Young doing that is any better than Torres getting studs up on the shin by Evans and then going down though? He was through on goal..Double standards all round from SAF. Nobody mentioned this (as far as I've seen) but isn't showing the studs a red card offense? So Evans should have been off right?

Hernandez is blatantly offside. There is nothing to discuss, however the linesman/referee will claim they didn't see of course..

ManU fans are bringing up past decisions gone against them I see. That's fine, but over the course of a season you always get more than your fair share of them. Chelsea get a fair few decisions as well so not complaining as a whole, but if you compare ManU with some of the lower table teams the skew is remarkable....
Old Oct 29th 2012, 8:17 am
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

I just wish people would be honest and just admit things, not because they are this clubs fan, or that clubs fan, or they hate a team for whatever reason, because when you read a post they write, it shows in it, their clear dislike and their prejudices in what they say.

Yes Hernandez was JUST offside, we know this because Sky tv stopped it at the point Rafael kicked the ball, to the naked eye, in normal speed it was impossible for the linesman to tell, so inferring he knew is pathetic really.

Lots of other things happened in the match, the Torres kick on the chest of Cleverley hitting him hard with full studs, if Cleverley had gone down screaming and play acting, rolling over and over, Torres would probably have been sent off and rightly so.

Ivanovic, deserved to be sent off Di Mateo said so as well, in slow motion, it showed he touched Young at least three times in a milli second, the last one, was the back of his left heel and no footballer in the world could have stayed on hs feet after this, again this was due to the Sky slow mo. People make me laugh when they say they could have stayed on their feet when they are going at such speed, it's impossible.

This leads on to the Torres sending off, I said before he shouldn't have been sent off, but again on slow mo, it looks like he has kicked the ball too far, it then looks like Evans has tried to pull out of the tackle a bit at the very last second and finally it looks like Torres has dived, from where Clattenburg was watching. Clearly he was caught and clearly Fergie and Evans were wrong to say he could have stayed on his feet, because again Torres was going at top speed and any contact will bring a player down.

I know people are pissed off because of the score, just like I was pissed off when Drogba was a mile off side and it didn't need Sky's slow mo to show it, everyone in the ground knew it, the only person who didn't was the linesman who was stood adjacent to it and could see Drogba was a mile offside, but for some reason he allowed it to stand, but ....... What can you do?

Suarez had a goal ruled out for offside and at no time was he offside, it reminded me a bit of that goal John Barnes scored for England where the ball was crossed over and he stuck his leg out from a position behind the last defender and scored, but the numpty linesman ruled it offside. That's why I think cameras should be brought in for all decisions like this, just like in rugby, it takes a few seconds and would cut out all the mistakes, but ....... We wouldn't have as much to complain about come Monday morning.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 8:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Pit Bull.
Yes Hernandez was JUST offside
Cool, I only JUST punched a man, so it's not against the rules
Old Oct 29th 2012, 8:56 am
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

Cool, I only JUST punched a man, so it's not against the rules
Blimey it's only a game of footy, Chelsea look a good side this year, I think they will be there or there abouts at the end for the premiership. Hazard, Mata and Oscar are really quality players, who knows they might even win the Champions league in style this year.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 9:33 am
Account Closed

they might even win the Champions league in style this year.
Don't be silly.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 9:35 am
Banned

Don't be silly.
Sorry.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 9:53 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to lump my saturday winnings on the draw but the match kicked off as I was placing the bet, I was told to call back 5 minutes later............

Had I lumped £100 on that I would be going mental - 11 v 11 was a fair contest and 2-2 a fair result. Clattenberg ruined it for all except Man Utd fans.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

I just wish people would be honest and just admit things, not because they are this clubs fan, or that clubs fan, or they hate a team for whatever reason, because when you read a post they write, it shows in it, their clear dislike and their prejudices in what they say.
Now that's just silly talk, football fans can't be unprejudiced, and if they were it'd be a much more dull game. Hating other teams, players, refs, managers, fans...comes with the territory. Take that away and football becomes sterile. Personally I think the 2nd biggest problem with football today (after it being turned into a business) is that it’s becoming sanitised, if/when it loses that bit of edginess the passion will be driven out of it and it’ll lose what elevates it above 99.9% of other teams sports.

Yes Hernandez was JUST offside, we know this because Sky tv stopped it at the point Rafael kicked the ball, to the naked eye, in normal speed it was impossible for the linesman to tell, so inferring he knew is pathetic really.
Totally agree, he was offside and it was nearly impossible to tell at full speed. The fact the goal was given was not the refs fault, and while he made mistakes this was not one of them, this was 100% the lineo’s, no ref could possible give that without the lineo’s flag going up.

Ivanovic, deserved to be sent off
Yep, wasn’t a bad challenge and Young did the text book thing – get passed the defender and cut in front of him. Anyone who’s played at any level knows that if your running at full pelt and your heel/ankles get clipped it is almost impossible to stay on your feet.

This leads on to the Torres sending off, I said before he shouldn't have been sent off
Again I agree, there was enough contact to put him down (for a change), but he’s probably been the victim of his reputation as being keen to hit the turf. Looked a difficult call from the refs angle, but he got it wrong. Not sure if Evans would have gone if the ref got it right as there were covering defenders.

Suarez had a goal ruled out for offside and at no time was he offside
Again, very poor decision, worse than Hernandez one for me as this was a much easier and standard call for the lineo.

That's why I think cameras should be brought in for all decisions like this, just like in rugby, it takes a few seconds and would cut out all the mistakes, but ....... We wouldn't have as much to complain about come Monday morning.
I’m torn on this, I kind of agree that it would help and decisions could be made quickly. But, again it comes to sanitising the game, taking away the talking points and some of the interest. If all the decisions yesterday had been made using technology and were right would there be as much interest and chatter today about the game? I think not.

Two last things – Fergie is a genius at saying the right thing (especially when to everyone outside Old Trafford knows it’s the wrong thing), he so rarely criticises his players in public or blames them, finds excuses when wrong decisions go their way. It’s just what he does, always has done, always will. Part of what makes him the greatest manager of the last 30+ years.

Lastly, pretty shameful to see the Chelsea fans throwing so many missiles at Hernandez, and if that was the cause of the injury to the steward I think they’ll be lucky to get away without a hefty punishment.

Last edited by the_red_sheep; Oct 29th 2012 at 10:06 am. Reason: typos
Old Oct 29th 2012, 10:02 am
Banned

Good post Red sheep.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Clattenberg has made some terrible decisions over recent years and I would be delighted if he gets kicked off the refereeing panel for calling Torres a Spanish twat and/or racially abusing Mikel, as has been alleged. He really is an arrogant bastard.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 10:34 am
Banned

Originally Posted by mentalist
Clattenberg has made some terrible decisions over recent years and I would be delighted if he gets kicked off the refereeing panel for calling Torres a Spanish twat and/or racially abusing Mikel. He really is an arrogant bastard.
Even Chelski fans think Torres is a Spanish tw@t, lol, I think Clattenburg said to Mikel, even Heskey was better than you. you can't disagree with that.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 1:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
Clattenberg has made some terrible decisions over recent years and I would be delighted if he gets kicked off the refereeing panel for calling Torres a Spanish twat and/or racially abusing Mikel, as has been alleged. He really is an arrogant bastard.
Garbage. You'd never heard of him until this weekend. He has consistently earned above-average marks from the assessors since he reached the Premier League.

There is a worrying precedent of player power in these matters - Uriah Rennie disappeared without trace a few years ago after, in successive weeks, senior players whinged to Ferguson, Keegan and Dalglish (all Prem managers at that time) about some of his decisions. Not racism though, so that's OK (Rennie is black).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.