Man Utd.

Old Oct 28th 2012, 7:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Man Utd.

Can get ****ed.

Average everywhere (bar Van Persie, Valencia and occasionally Evra)

Game ruined by referee.

SAF's a knobhead.

Rooney is shit.

Evans, Carrick, Ferdinand, Cleverly, Young, Hernandez; all helmets and horribly average.

Eurgh. Sick of them.

(Sorry Bahtat, I like you...just not your team)
Old Oct 28th 2012, 7:07 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all
Default Re: Man Utd.

You forgot winners, lol.
Old Oct 28th 2012, 7:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Won nothing last year...

Won't win anything this year... I'm willing to make that bet.
Old Oct 28th 2012, 7:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Can get ****ed.

Average everywhere (bar Van Persie, Valencia and occasionally Evra)

Game ruined by referee.

SAF's a knobhead.

Rooney is shit.

Evans, Carrick, Ferdinand, Cleverly, Young, Hernandez; all helmets and horribly average.

Eurgh. Sick of them.

(Sorry Bahtat, I like you...just not your team)
All the talk is about the referees today (not just Clattenburg - disallowing the Suarez 'goal' was the worst decision of the day for me). But players deserve this - too many are blatant cheats (which is what diving is), and refs and their assistants are forced to spend too much time watching out for diving, feigning injury, etc, etc. If there was none of it, refs would be able to focus on what they are supposed to be doing - refereeing the actual game.

Clattenburg got far more right than wrong today in an environment in which most of the players made things as hard for him as they possibly could.
Old Oct 28th 2012, 7:14 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

Won nothing last year...

I bet your life they do win something, is it a bet?
Old Oct 28th 2012, 7:23 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The Dean
All the talk is about the referees today (not just Clattenburg - disallowing the Suarez 'goal' was the worst decision of the day for me). But players deserve this - too many are blatant cheats (which is what diving is), and refs and their assistants are forced to spend too much time watching out for diving, feigning injury, etc, etc. If there was none of it, refs would be able to focus on what they are supposed to be doing - refereeing the actual game.

Clattenburg got far more right than wrong today in an environment in which most of the players made things as hard for him as they possibly could.
I agree with players deserving bookings for diving...adding in talking back to that.

I disagree that Clattenburg (normally very good) had a good day today. He didn't. Torres received more contact than Young. Two poor decisions that completely changed the game.

Before you say anything;

Young was on his way down before Ivanovic touches him.
Torres had Spastic Evans' boot down his shin and a 6ft potato in his way. Anywhere else; a foul.

Such is, just frustrates me because its always United.
Old Oct 28th 2012, 7:29 pm
Banned

I think you will find not many don't agree that Ivanovic deserved to be sent off, trying to some how blame Young is poor, yes he has dived in the past, but not this time, even Di Mateo thought it was right and even the Chelsea fans would agree, if they are being honest. Torres shouldn't have been sent off though.
Old Oct 28th 2012, 7:29 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with players deserving bookings for diving...adding in talking back to that.

I disagree that Clattenburg (normally very good) had a good day today. He didn't. Torres received more contact than Young. Two poor decisions that completely changed the game.

Before you say anything;

Torres had Spastic Evans' boot down his shin and a 6ft potato in his way. Anywhere else; a foul.

No it's not, but you have half a point about today's match.
Old Oct 28th 2012, 7:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Before you say anything;

Torres has the mentality to look for the foul - a real man would have brushed aside Evans's pathetic attempt to stop him, and headed for goal........ Evans may have 'made contact' but minimally so. Torres's first yellow could have easily been a red in its own right, so no sympathy here.

The alleged offside for the winning goal is highly debatable - Cech had come out beyond a defender, the scorer was coming back from the back of the net - all to be seen by the linesman in a split second. And don't forget the wording of the law that says a player in an offside position must be 'intending to gain an advantage by being in that position' - I'd argue the ball simply hit him. All in all, a lot of unsatisfactory stuff but hammering officials (yet again) misses the point.
Old Oct 28th 2012, 7:34 pm
Banned

Saying it always goes for Man U, remember the two yard offside goal Drogba scored and that tackle by Luiz on Rooney, I think the pundits were saying that Man U had got a fair few bad decisions against them over the years against Chelsea, although I do think Man U have more decisions go for them than other teams, like poor Liverpool, lol
Old Oct 29th 2012, 3:00 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Won nothing last year...

What price you giving?
Old Oct 29th 2012, 4:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rowell
What price you giving?
Not giving odds because I don't think it'd be wise to be dishing out 100/1.

I'm more than happy to take a gents bet of 10dhs and the humiliation of starting a new thread bowing down if they do.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 4:50 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The Dean
Torres has the mentality to look for the foul - a real man would have brushed aside Evans's pathetic attempt to stop him, and headed for goal........ Evans may have 'made contact' but minimally so. Torres's first yellow could have easily been a red in its own right, so no sympathy here.

The alleged offside for the winning goal is highly debatable - Cech had come out beyond a defender, the scorer was coming back from the back of the net - all to be seen by the linesman in a split second. And don't forget the wording of the law that says a player in an offside position must be 'intending to gain an advantage by being in that position' - I'd argue the ball simply hit him. All in all, a lot of unsatisfactory stuff but hammering officials (yet again) misses the point.
Originally Posted by Pit Bull.
Saying it always goes for Man U, remember the two yard offside goal Drogba scored and that tackle by Luiz on Rooney, I think the pundits were saying that Man U had got a fair few bad decisions against them over the years against Chelsea, although I do think Man U have more decisions go for them than other teams, like poor Liverpool, lol
Having had the blessing of a good sleep, cup of tea and a calm drive to work I've had the opportunity to think about all of this and I'm still right.

Torres shouldn't have been sent off (that being said, earlier in the game I said to my mate that it annoys me that refs never send someone off for a second yellow when diving!)

Ivanovic - I've watched again and I still reckon Young was on his way down before his heel hits BI's leg.

Rooney - Lucky to not be sent off for pulling back/over Ramires (i think it was).

Hernandez was offside. It didn't just hit him, he put it in the back of the net in an offside position. Even if he didn't mean it, he gained an advantage. Also, it's not great to see but the Chelsea fans lobbing shit at him when he was giving it large about scoring. That made me chuckle

It's a real shame because it was looking like and incredible game before the crazy 5 minutes. I also had money on 3-2 Chelsea, Mata for MOTM and Chelsea win in a huge accumulator (yet to check the others).

One thing I'm not too sure about is the Chelsea complaints on Clattenburg apparently racially abusing a player???

All in all, a monster of a game which I think was spoiled by some questionable decisions. I disagree with the notion that these things even themselves out over a season - they shouldn't have to.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 5:52 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Having had the blessing of a good sleep, cup of tea and a calm drive to work I've had the opportunity to think about all of this and I'm still right.

Torres shouldn't have been sent off (that being said, earlier in the game I said to my mate that it annoys me that refs never send someone off for a second yellow when diving!)

Ivanovic - I've watched again and I still reckon Young was on his way down before his heel hits BI's leg.

Rooney - Lucky to not be sent off for pulling back/over Ramires (i think it was).

Hernandez was offside. It didn't just hit him, he put it in the back of the net in an offside position. Even if he didn't mean it, he gained an advantage. Also, it's not great to see but the Chelsea fans lobbing shit at him when he was giving it large about scoring. That made me chuckle

It's a real shame because it was looking like and incredible game before the crazy 5 minutes. I also had money on 3-2 Chelsea, Mata for MOTM and Chelsea win in a huge accumulator (yet to check the others).

One thing I'm not too sure about is the Chelsea complaints on Clattenburg apparently racially abusing a player???

All in all, a monster of a game which I think was spoiled by some questionable decisions. I disagree with the notion that these things even themselves out over a season - they shouldn't have to.
There is much debate about whether my condition is genetic or environmental but either way I find I have little choice over whom I find attractive and repulsive. From birth, thus, I have always known that I was part of the "Stand Up if you hate MU" crowd.

But latterly, I find feelings about Chelsea interfering with my natural targets of hatred. Yes, yes, I think Abramovich/Mourinho/Terry/Cole/Drogba have turned me...

And they've even got Torres, the only Spanish player (with the occasional exception of Busquets) that I actively dislike.

I'm trying to watch less football this year so I'm pleased that yesterday's gigglefest (so much comic defending and poor acting) doesn't count against my quota as it was anything but a proper football match.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 5:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
There is much debate about whether my condition is genetic or environmental but either way I find I have little choice over whom I find attractive and repulsive. From birth, thus, I have always known that I was part of the "Stand Up if you hate MU" crowd.

But latterly, I find feelings about Chelsea interfering with my natural targets of hatred. Yes, yes, I think Abramovich/Mourinho/Terry/Cole/Drogba have turned me...

And they've even got Torres, the only Spanish player (with the occasional exception of Busquets) that I actively dislike.

I'm trying to watch less football this year so I'm pleased that yesterday's gigglefest (so much comic defending and poor acting) doesn't count against my quota as it was anything but a proper football match.
Well said - I find I like you more and more.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.