Man Utd.

Old Oct 29th 2012, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Man Utd.

Originally Posted by The Dean
Garbage. You'd never heard of him until this weekend. He has consistently earned above-average marks from the assessors since he reached the Premier League.
You are completely wrong, pal. Clattenburg has been the nemesis of MCFC for several seasons. I suggest you think more carefully before stating absolute rubbish. Most unlike you.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
You are completely wrong, pal. Clattenburg has been the nemesis of MCFC for several seasons. I suggest you think more carefully before stating absolute rubbish. Most unlike you.
Ah...... the old 'he's biased against my team' nonsense. Maybe your team commits more fouls, gets caught offside more often, etc, etc......... I know of no referee who can seriously be called biased in any way.

Years ago, Clive Thomas said it was a 'great achievement' that all fans hated him equally. A silly comment in many ways, but I can see what he meant.

Check the records (FA or Prem Lge website?) - Clattenburg is highly rated by assessors who sit down every week with slow-motion analysis, various camera angles, etc.

Last edited by The Dean; Oct 29th 2012 at 4:16 pm. Reason: m
Old Oct 29th 2012, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

The question is - will Clattenburg walk away this time??

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-incident.html
Old Oct 29th 2012, 4:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

......... he has been 'rested' for the coming weekend, because of the 'intense scrutiny' the match would attract............ as I said, he may walk away from football, and I wouldn't blame him.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
......... he has been 'rested' for the coming weekend, because of the 'intense scrutiny' the match would attract............ as I said, he may walk away from football, and I wouldn't blame him.
Excellent news. Here is one of umpteen threads on the muppet, this one dating back over two years.
http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/vi...it=clattenburg
Old Oct 30th 2012, 6:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

In fairness, I always thought Clattenburg was a decent ref...much like the mentioned Uriah Rennie.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 6:34 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
Excellent news. Here is one of umpteen threads on the muppet, this one dating back over two years.
http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/vi...it=clattenburg
Nothing like a neutral and unbiased source....

and thats nothing like a neutral and unbiased source....
Old Oct 30th 2012, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Good post Red Sheep. Agree with 99% of what you say.

After watching the game I can only conclude that MC had a bad day but can't say he was biased to either side.

There are several talking points which could have been handled differently on a different day.

1. Luiz handling the ball in the area with an out stretched arm. Seen them given previously and that's why defenders jump with their arms behind their backs. 50:50.

2. Torres on Cleverly. Could have been a straight red. Shocking challenge. Credit to Cleverly for not having a drama fit and getting back up. Red.

3. Ivanovic. Contact was made when AY was at full tilt. He was the last man in a goal scoring opportunity. Red.

4. Evans on Torres (who was lucky to still be on the field). Contact was made by Evans and its v hard to determine if Torres was already heading for the turf. Not a red.

5. Valencia yellow card. Similar to Torres, contact was made which I would say brought him down (not a dive). Not a yellow.

6. Hernandez offside. Without the slow mo it is impossible for the linesman to tell. To the point that if they stopped it a 1/10th of a second later he would be level. Di the slow mo guy stop it when the boot connected or when it left his boot? Too tight to tell. Goal.

So to be honest, although he did make a few mistakes it wasn't like he was biased either way. He was at fault for the Torres sending off but IMO Torres was lucky to be on the pitch at that moment anyway. If he had gone off with a straight red earlier the score could have been even worse as MUFC played around with it for the last 10 mins.

I did read in the Daily Fail that there was a on full set to in the ref's office after the game with RDiM, JT and Mikel confronting the ref which he has reported as a 'extraordinary incident' in his report. Also reports of scream of ''i'm going to break your legs'' (not sure how true this is or who was have meant to have said it). Strangely enough this was 2 hours before Chelsea made their complaint about MC's language.

In addition, all the chat over the last few months has been about diving and how it is ruining the British game and how the Ref's should make a stand against it. We have had several incidents - Suarez obviously, Oscar, Torres etc. Maybe thats what MC was trying to do by booking Torres and Valencia, even if he was wrong on both counts. It won't tale long for players to stop going to ground if they know that if it even looks a bit soft they will receive a yellow and run the risk of taking an early bath.

On a final note. Suarez on Distin..... what a scumbag!
Old Oct 30th 2012, 10:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jam25mack

After watching the game I can only conclude that MC had a bad day but can't say he was biased to either side.

There are several talking points which could have been handled differently on a different day.

1. Luiz handling the ball in the area with an out stretched arm. Seen them given previously and that's why defenders jump with their arms behind their backs. 50:50.

2. Torres on Cleverly. Could have been a straight red. Shocking challenge. Credit to Cleverly for not having a drama fit and getting back up. Red.

3. Ivanovic. Contact was made when AY was at full tilt. He was the last man in a goal scoring opportunity. Red.

4. Evans on Torres (who was lucky to still be on the field). Contact was made by Evans and its v hard to determine if Torres was already heading for the turf. Not a red.

5. Valencia yellow card. Similar to Torres, contact was made which I would say brought him down (not a dive). Not a yellow.

6. Hernandez offside. Without the slow mo it is impossible for the linesman to tell. To the point that if they stopped it a 1/10th of a second later he would be level. Di the slow mo guy stop it when the boot connected or when it left his boot? Too tight to tell. Goal.

So to be honest, although he did make a few mistakes it wasn't like he was biased either way. He was at fault for the Torres sending off but IMO Torres was lucky to be on the pitch at that moment anyway. If he had gone off with a straight red earlier the score could have been even worse as MUFC played around with it for the last 10 mins.

I did read in the Daily Fail that there was a on full set to in the ref's office after the game with RDiM, JT and Mikel confronting the ref which he has reported as a 'extraordinary incident' in his report. Also reports of scream of ''i'm going to break your legs'' (not sure how true this is or who was have meant to have said it). Strangely enough this was 2 hours before Chelsea made their complaint about MC's language.

In addition, all the chat over the last few months has been about diving and how it is ruining the British game and how the Ref's should make a stand against it. We have had several incidents - Suarez obviously, Oscar, Torres etc. Maybe thats what MC was trying to do by booking Torres and Valencia, even if he was wrong on both counts. It won't tale long for players to stop going to ground if they know that if it even looks a bit soft they will receive a yellow and run the risk of taking an early bath.

Good points........ good post.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

So which team do you support, Jam25Mack? Presumably NOT Chelsea.
For those interested, AD Sports 5 will be showing a full repeat of the match at 8pm tonight. At least that is what their website says.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 10:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

1. Luiz handling the ball in the area with an out stretched arm. Seen them given previously and that's why defenders jump with their arms behind their backs. 50:50. - He was a yard away with his arms down...they, rightly, never get given.

2. Torres on Cleverly. Could have been a straight red. Shocking challenge. Credit to Cleverly for not having a drama fit and getting back up. Red. It was a stinker of a challenge, I can't remember but I think Torres had eyes on the ball. Credit to Cleverly though...could have been a red

3. Ivanovic. Contact was made when AY was at full tilt. He was the last man in a goal scoring opportunity. Red. AY was going to go over whether touched or not, the replays I watched showed BI clip him when he was already on his way.

4. Evans on Torres (who was lucky to still be on the field). Contact was made by Evans and its v hard to determine if Torres was already heading for the turf. Not a red. Torres was unlucky to be on the field, MC had stopped Chelsea making a sub (not sure why)...Foul

5. Valencia yellow card. Similar to Torres, contact was made which I would say brought him down (not a dive). Not a yellow. Don't remember this.

6. Hernandez offside. Without the slow mo it is impossible for the linesman to tell. To the point that if they stopped it a 1/10th of a second later he would be level. Di the slow mo guy stop it when the boot connected or when it left his boot? Too tight to tell. Goal. No goal, for the reason he was offside.

So to be honest, although he did make a few mistakes it wasn't like he was biased either way. He was at fault for the Torres sending off but IMO Torres was lucky to be on the pitch at that moment anyway. If he had gone off with a straight red earlier the score could have been even worse as MUFC played around with it for the last 10 mins. Fair point, he could have gone for thet Cleverly one, but that shouldn't affect a later decision

I did read in the Daily Fail that there was a on full set to in the ref's office after the game with RDiM, JT and Mikel confronting the ref which he has reported as a 'extraordinary incident' in his report. Also reports of scream of ''i'm going to break your legs'' (not sure how true this is or who was have meant to have said it). Strangely enough this was 2 hours before Chelsea made their complaint about MC's language. Can't wait for this shit storm...

On a final note. Suarez on Distin..... what a scumbag! Unbelievable, frankly I'm surprised not more has been made of this. ****ing disgusting, deliberate and cynical challenge.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Bit of the Bluemoon forum on here
Old Oct 30th 2012, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

goonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud of

Personally I feel for old battenburg.... and most (not all) EPL refs. I was involved at 'grass roots' for many years as a player, coach, secretary and was unfortunate enough to have to wear the black shirt on only a few occasions - and what a ****ing nightmare. I reffed under 12's and a couple of adult games when the 'real' ref got lost or had flu and have to say its the most pressure i've ever felt in my life.

So put yourself in clatty's boots for a moment. 22 of the highest paid, arrogant, up-thier-own-a**e, prima-dona, untouchable, prize ***kers on the pitch. The totty-nosed hairdryer on the side-line and 60,000 baying fanatics happy to call you - and your family members - every name in the urban dictionary.

He deserves some respect for just going out there.

The EPL is in danger of becoming the Serie A if the FA don't grow some balls and start to back referees in applying the rules they set.

Good post jam25mack btw.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 12:52 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Not biased at all....
Old Oct 30th 2012, 12:59 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by goonerseba
Personally I feel for old battenburg.... and most (not all) EPL refs. .
I do too, it's not an easy job.

But similarly, my job isn't a complete piece of piss and when I make mistakes, I get bollocked or whatever.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.