Man U v Liverpool

Old Mar 14th 2009, 1:51 pm
  #1  
Hammer for Life
Thread Starter
 
BangleMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, for my liking !
Posts: 5,524
BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Man U v Liverpool

The biggest shock so far is that Gerrard has actually won a penalty without diving !!!
BangleMan is offline  
Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:10 pm
  #2  
Concierge
 
Blue Cat's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 29,625
Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Man U v Liverpool

Originally Posted by BangleMan View Post
The biggest shock so far is that Gerrard has actually won a penalty without diving !!!
Man U were looking a tad pissed off at the end !
Blue Cat is offline  
Old Mar 14th 2009, 4:27 pm
  #3  
BE Enthusiast
 
bimcnorth's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 390
bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of
Default Re: Man U v Liverpool

It´s a beautiful evening...
bimcnorth is offline  
Old Mar 14th 2009, 8:10 pm
  #4  
why ayeeeee man!
 
Spugsy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Disco Gardens...
Posts: 11,370
Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Man U v Liverpool

Originally Posted by BangleMan View Post
The biggest shock so far is that Gerrard has actually won a penalty without diving !!!
that was a spanking indeed.
Spugsy is offline  
Old Mar 14th 2009, 8:28 pm
  #5  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 13,554
The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Man U v Liverpool

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
that was a spanking indeed.
There was a spanking??

Is this anything to do with last night's BE Night Out??
The Dean is offline  
Old Mar 14th 2009, 8:39 pm
  #6  
BE Forum Addict
 
nottmbantam's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Riyadh.
Posts: 1,831
nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Man U v Liverpool

Man U will still win the title - four points clear and a game in hand. Not so sure re the FA Cup or the Champions League, but I think they'll come close. Will be the only consolation for the scousers that they did the double over ManYoo.
nottmbantam is offline  
Old Mar 15th 2009, 5:16 am
  #7  
BE Enthusiast
 
Sky Blue's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 587
Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of
Default Re: Man U v Liverpool

Fairly comfortable win, the funniest thing was listening to Dowie on commentary who thought that Vidic's sending off was only a yellow!

I though he literally rugby talked him down and was the last man!

Man U will win the league, probably a much need kick up the backside...
Sky Blue is offline  
Old Mar 15th 2009, 5:24 am
  #8  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,028
lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Man U v Liverpool

Originally Posted by BangleMan View Post
The biggest shock so far is that Gerrard has actually won a penalty without diving !!!
I think you are confusing him with Tranaldo, the supreme diver. Gerrard isn't anywhere close. Meanwhile, Patrice Evra must have played his worse game ever for United.

Last edited by lionheart; Mar 15th 2009 at 5:30 am.
lionheart is offline  
Old Mar 15th 2009, 5:24 am
  #9  
Hammer for Life
Thread Starter
 
BangleMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, for my liking !
Posts: 5,524
BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Man U v Liverpool

Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
Fairly comfortable win, the funniest thing was listening to Dowie on commentary who thought that Vidic's sending off was only a yellow!

I though he literally rugby talked him down and was the last man!

Man U will win the league, probably a much need kick up the backside...
Or when Dowie said that Gerrard's blaze over the bar was 'Dowiesque' like......how true that was.....!!

I saw many an example of that when Dowie was playing for West Ham years ago !
BangleMan is offline  
Old Mar 15th 2009, 5:25 am
  #10  
Hammer for Life
Thread Starter
 
BangleMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, for my liking !
Posts: 5,524
BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Man U v Liverpool

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
I think you are confusing him with Tranaldo, the supreme diver. Gerrard isn't anywhere close. Meanwhile, Patrice Evra must have played his worse gane ever for United.
Are you serious ? Gerrard has perfected it so much now that when he dives with his arms outstretched, he actually turns to look at the ref in mid dive !
BangleMan is offline  
Old Mar 15th 2009, 5:26 am
  #11  
BE Enthusiast
 
Sky Blue's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 587
Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of
Default Re: Man U v Liverpool

Originally Posted by BangleMan View Post
Or when Dowie said that Gerrard's blaze over the bar was 'Dowiesque' like......how true that was.....!!

I saw many an example of that when Dowie was playing for West Ham years ago !
yeah that was a good line in self depreciating humour... actually he was being truthful... He knocked in a few goals during his career but missed a lot more...
Sky Blue is offline  
Old Mar 15th 2009, 6:44 am
  #12  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 13,554
The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Man U v Liverpool

I am going to commit the ultimate sin - I am going to question The God Of Football Management's team selection...............

Leaving Scholes and Giggs out with Gerrard in the opposition? Scholes would at least have kept him a little quieter for a while. Carrick is a good creator but I've never seen him as a closer-down of opponents.

When even Mascherano is playing well, you know something isn't quite right..........
The Dean is offline  
Old Mar 15th 2009, 8:10 am
  #13  
BE Forum Addict
 
nottmbantam's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Riyadh.
Posts: 1,831
nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Man U v Liverpool

Originally Posted by The Dean View Post
I am going to commit the ultimate sin - I am going to question The God Of Football Management's team selection...............

Leaving Scholes and Giggs out with Gerrard in the opposition? Scholes would at least have kept him a little quieter for a while. Carrick is a good creator but I've never seen him as a closer-down of opponents.

When even Mascherano is playing well, you know something isn't quite right..........
Ok -here's the counter argument.

Fergie knows his best team to play when up against the scousers, he knew that a defeat yesterday would still leave them as bookies fave's to win. One view is that he didn't want to reveal his best line up in case they face the scousers in the CL?

If that is the case, you can bet that Scholes and Berbatov will be in the starting line up, though I suspect Giggs will still be on the bench.

As for Iain Dowie, I think he actually talks a lot of sense and it quite pleasant on the ear, unlike that idiot Nigel Winterburn. However, one of the best match co-commentators for his knowledge of the game, analytical skills and summarising is none other than Stanley Victor Collymore.

In terms of his playing career - pound for pound one of the most talented strikers I've ever seen play - had everything, speed,strength, good in air, shoot with either foot, gifted beyond belief. Shame it all went Pete Tong.
nottmbantam is offline  
Old Mar 15th 2009, 8:30 am
  #14  
Hammer for Life
Thread Starter
 
BangleMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, for my liking !
Posts: 5,524
BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Man U v Liverpool

Originally Posted by nottmbantam View Post
Ok -here's the counter argument.

Fergie knows his best team to play when up against the scousers, he knew that a defeat yesterday would still leave them as bookies fave's to win. One view is that he didn't want to reveal his best line up in case they face the scousers in the CL?

If that is the case, you can bet that Scholes and Berbatov will be in the starting line up, though I suspect Giggs will still be on the bench.

As for Iain Dowie, I think he actually talks a lot of sense and it quite pleasant on the ear, unlike that idiot Nigel Winterburn. However, one of the best match co-commentators for his knowledge of the game, analytical skills and summarising is none other than Stanley Victor Collymore.

In terms of his playing career - pound for pound one of the most talented strikers I've ever seen play - had everything, speed,strength, good in air, shoot with either foot, gifted beyond belief. Shame it all went Pete Tong.
You are kidding right ? Have you heard Collymore on TalkSport ? He talks the biggest load of garbage and tries to sensationalise everything !

I was listening to him a few weeks again during the January window, and he was spouting on throughout the show, how it was well known West Ham had to sell their best players, how we were having a fire sale, who would be left come the end of January after the sales of Green, Parker, Upson etc, and all the time, he had absolutely no knowledge of anything remotely true

How he holds down a job is beyond me, not to mention that annoying Black Country drone of a voice that he has
BangleMan is offline  
Old Mar 15th 2009, 9:03 am
  #15  
why ayeeeee man!
 
Spugsy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Disco Gardens...
Posts: 11,370
Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Man U v Liverpool

Originally Posted by BangleMan View Post
You are kidding right ? Have you heard Collymore on TalkSport ? He talks the biggest load of garbage and tries to sensationalise everything !

I was listening to him a few weeks again during the January window, and he was spouting on throughout the show, how it was well known West Ham had to sell their best players, how we were having a fire sale, who would be left come the end of January after the sales of Green, Parker, Upson etc, and all the time, he had absolutely no knowledge of anything remotely true

How he holds down a job is beyond me, not to mention that annoying Black Country drone of a voice that he has
It's amazing how many good footballers know absolutely **** all about football isn't it?

You ever heard Paul Merson? He's knows nothing, absolutely nowt.
Spugsy is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.