British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Man U v Liverpool (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/man-u-v-liverpool-597501/)

BangleMan Mar 14th 2009 1:51 pm

Man U v Liverpool

The biggest shock so far is that Gerrard has actually won a penalty without diving !!!

Blue Cat Mar 14th 2009 3:10 pm

Re: Man U v Liverpool

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7378539)
The biggest shock so far is that Gerrard has actually won a penalty without diving !!!

Man U were looking a tad pissed off at the end !

bimcnorth Mar 14th 2009 4:27 pm

It´s a beautiful evening...:thumbup:

Spugsy Mar 14th 2009 8:10 pm

that was a spanking indeed.

The Dean Mar 14th 2009 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7379386)
that was a spanking indeed.

There was a spanking??

Is this anything to do with last night's BE Night Out??

nottmbantam Mar 14th 2009 8:39 pm

Man U will still win the title - four points clear and a game in hand. Not so sure re the FA Cup or the Champions League, but I think they'll come close. Will be the only consolation for the scousers that they did the double over ManYoo.

Sky Blue Mar 15th 2009 5:16 am

Fairly comfortable win, the funniest thing was listening to Dowie on commentary who thought that Vidic's sending off was only a yellow!

I though he literally rugby talked him down and was the last man!

Man U will win the league, probably a much need kick up the backside...

lionheart Mar 15th 2009 5:24 am

I think you are confusing him with Tranaldo, the supreme diver. Gerrard isn't anywhere close. Meanwhile, Patrice Evra must have played his worse game ever for United.

BangleMan Mar 15th 2009 5:24 am

Originally Posted by Sky Blue (Post 7380417)
Fairly comfortable win, the funniest thing was listening to Dowie on commentary who thought that Vidic's sending off was only a yellow!

I though he literally rugby talked him down and was the last man!

Man U will win the league, probably a much need kick up the backside...

Or when Dowie said that Gerrard's blaze over the bar was 'Dowiesque' like......how true that was.....!!

I saw many an example of that when Dowie was playing for West Ham years ago !

BangleMan Mar 15th 2009 5:25 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7380432)
I think you are confusing him with Tranaldo, the supreme diver. Gerrard isn't anywhere close. Meanwhile, Patrice Evra must have played his worse gane ever for United.

Are you serious ? Gerrard has perfected it so much now that when he dives with his arms outstretched, he actually turns to look at the ref in mid dive !

Sky Blue Mar 15th 2009 5:26 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7380433)
Or when Dowie said that Gerrard's blaze over the bar was 'Dowiesque' like......how true that was.....!!

I saw many an example of that when Dowie was playing for West Ham years ago !

yeah that was a good line in self depreciating humour... actually he was being truthful... He knocked in a few goals during his career but missed a lot more...

The Dean Mar 15th 2009 6:44 am

I am going to commit the ultimate sin - I am going to question The God Of Football Management's team selection...............

Leaving Scholes and Giggs out with Gerrard in the opposition? Scholes would at least have kept him a little quieter for a while. Carrick is a good creator but I've never seen him as a closer-down of opponents.

When even Mascherano is playing well, you know something isn't quite right..........

nottmbantam Mar 15th 2009 8:10 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7380514)
I am going to commit the ultimate sin - I am going to question The God Of Football Management's team selection...............

Leaving Scholes and Giggs out with Gerrard in the opposition? Scholes would at least have kept him a little quieter for a while. Carrick is a good creator but I've never seen him as a closer-down of opponents.

When even Mascherano is playing well, you know something isn't quite right..........

Ok -here's the counter argument.

Fergie knows his best team to play when up against the scousers, he knew that a defeat yesterday would still leave them as bookies fave's to win. One view is that he didn't want to reveal his best line up in case they face the scousers in the CL?

If that is the case, you can bet that Scholes and Berbatov will be in the starting line up, though I suspect Giggs will still be on the bench.

As for Iain Dowie, I think he actually talks a lot of sense and it quite pleasant on the ear, unlike that idiot Nigel Winterburn. However, one of the best match co-commentators for his knowledge of the game, analytical skills and summarising is none other than Stanley Victor Collymore.

In terms of his playing career - pound for pound one of the most talented strikers I've ever seen play - had everything, speed,strength, good in air, shoot with either foot, gifted beyond belief. Shame it all went Pete Tong.

BangleMan Mar 15th 2009 8:30 am

Originally Posted by nottmbantam (Post 7380652)
Ok -here's the counter argument.

Fergie knows his best team to play when up against the scousers, he knew that a defeat yesterday would still leave them as bookies fave's to win. One view is that he didn't want to reveal his best line up in case they face the scousers in the CL?

If that is the case, you can bet that Scholes and Berbatov will be in the starting line up, though I suspect Giggs will still be on the bench.

As for Iain Dowie, I think he actually talks a lot of sense and it quite pleasant on the ear, unlike that idiot Nigel Winterburn. However, one of the best match co-commentators for his knowledge of the game, analytical skills and summarising is none other than Stanley Victor Collymore.

In terms of his playing career - pound for pound one of the most talented strikers I've ever seen play - had everything, speed,strength, good in air, shoot with either foot, gifted beyond belief. Shame it all went Pete Tong.

You are kidding right ? Have you heard Collymore on TalkSport ? He talks the biggest load of garbage and tries to sensationalise everything !

I was listening to him a few weeks again during the January window, and he was spouting on throughout the show, how it was well known West Ham had to sell their best players, how we were having a fire sale, who would be left come the end of January after the sales of Green, Parker, Upson etc, and all the time, he had absolutely no knowledge of anything remotely true

How he holds down a job is beyond me, not to mention that annoying Black Country drone of a voice that he has

Spugsy Mar 15th 2009 9:03 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7380692)
You are kidding right ? Have you heard Collymore on TalkSport ? He talks the biggest load of garbage and tries to sensationalise everything !

I was listening to him a few weeks again during the January window, and he was spouting on throughout the show, how it was well known West Ham had to sell their best players, how we were having a fire sale, who would be left come the end of January after the sales of Green, Parker, Upson etc, and all the time, he had absolutely no knowledge of anything remotely true

How he holds down a job is beyond me, not to mention that annoying Black Country drone of a voice that he has

It's amazing how many good footballers know absolutely **** all about football isn't it?

You ever heard Paul Merson? He's knows nothing, absolutely nowt.