Live Earth

Old Jul 9th 2007, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Live Earth

Originally Posted by Buzz Lightyear
im impressed, never met any who could spell santimonius before....
ohhh...i have many more talents you still don't know about...

MM, xx
Old Jul 9th 2007, 5:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so that's 5 for a load of old toss and, ah, exactly zero people with a slight twinge of concern that the climate change patterns that we've seen over the last five years are going to escalate exponentially and result in massive decimation of our species. I'm optimistic that in a few tens of millions of years a species of intelligent life will evolve on the planet...
Old Jul 9th 2007, 5:48 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

I fully agree that global issues are hugely important....but another pop concert??

Is there any proof that Live Aid, Live 8 etc, has ever had any real impact on the reasons behind them?
Old Jul 9th 2007, 5:55 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Ok, so that's 5 for a load of old toss and, ah, exactly zero people with a slight twinge of concern that the climate change patterns that we've seen over the last five years are going to escalate exponentially and result in massive decimation of our species. I'm optimistic that in a few tens of millions of years a species of intelligent life will evolve on the planet...
I didn't say that I don't believe in Climate Change, I'm just sick of rock stars mouthing off about stuff just to boost record sales.

Anyway, climate change has occurred since the planet was born, and today is no different. Whether or not our activities are having an influence on the climate is a moot point. There are some scienticians who think that we are actually headed for another ice age.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 6:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

I'm on my way to DEWA to cancel my subscription...It's candles from now on...
Old Jul 9th 2007, 6:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
I didn't say that I don't believe in Climate Change, I'm just sick of rock stars mouthing off about stuff just to boost record sales.

Anyway, climate change has occurred since the planet was born, and today is no different. Whether or not our activities are having an influence on the climate is a moot point. There are some scienticians who think that we are actually headed for another ice age.
A lot of the so-called scientific evidence of the nay-sayers has been funded by the oil companies, who have deliberately put in place organizations dedicated to producing mis-information in much the same way that tobacco companies did with evidence correlating cancer with smoking.

Because climate change is a positive feedback process, the effects start out small but rapidly escalate. That is why it was more difficult to measure 10 or 20 years ago than it is now, where we are seeing rapid climate change. What is likely to happen is that we experience temperature rise up to the point where the gulf stream is diverted, at which point there may well be a mini ice age. This is why the current term is "climate change", not global warming or global cooling. By this time, the climate patterns will be massively unstable and extremely hostile to animal life, globally.

Oops. Sorry. Just noticed the soap-box under my feet. Don't sweat it - survival is not compulsory.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 6:22 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of the so-called scientific evidence of the nay-sayers has been funded by the oil companies, who have deliberately put in place organizations dedicated to producing mis-information in much the same way that tobacco companies did with evidence correlating cancer with smoking.

Because climate change is a positive feedback process, the effects start out small but rapidly escalate. That is why it was more difficult to measure 10 or 20 years ago than it is now, where we are seeing rapid climate change. What is likely to happen is that we experience temperature rise up to the point where the gulf stream is diverted, at which point there may well be a mini ice age. This is why the current term is "climate change", not global warming or global cooling. By this time, the climate patterns will be massively unstable and extremely hostile to animal life, globally.

Oops. Sorry. Just noticed the soap-box under my feet. Don't sweat it - survival is not compulsory.
Ice is thickening in Antarctica.
CO2 in the atmosphere has increased by about 30 parts in the million (out of 370-odd).
There are corporate and government interests in having people believe that climate change is a problem.
Severe weather has not increased in frequency.
Temperatures have increased in many cities because of urban growth.
Models of future temperatures are completely unreliable and at best total guesswork.

And that old chestnut...stooges paid by the oil companies. Everyone gets paid by somebody. Everyone has an agenda.

I'm just playing devil's avocado here. I'm reading a very interesting book called State of Fear by Micheal Crichton. I'm sure he cherry-picks his data, but then so does everyone else. The more I read, the more I get confused.

To be fair, I'm that the vast majority of scientists now believe climate change may have something to do with human activity. I just wonder sometimes if it is not being exaggerated and used by governments and business as another way to engender fear and control the populace.

Last edited by littlejimmy; Jul 9th 2007 at 6:28 pm.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 6:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ice is thickening in Antarctica.
Really? Tell that to our guys at the British Antarctic Survey, who not only undergo severe personal hardship to gather genuine, peer-reviewed data but also took the trouble to perform a gig to try to promote awareness...

http://www.antarctica.ac.uk/press/pr...ease.php?id=92
Old Jul 9th 2007, 6:41 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

So who signed the 7-point pledge, and who thinks it was a load of old toss?
what are we talking about now...I thought that Google program thingy but that makes no sense now...
Old Jul 9th 2007, 6:42 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Pampered rock stars flying round the place in planes and helicopters and using limos who then tell us all to live our lives in a green way are becoming somewhat tiresome.
Nogrom?
Old Jul 9th 2007, 6:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MataHari
what are we talking about now...I thought that Google program thingy but that makes no sense now...
google earth????

No - I was just interested to learn whether the Live Earth event made any headway in achieving its objectives in the UAE - the media here in the states is very divided over the issue. Liberal vs republican america - it's been well received in California...

What are your thoughts on global cooling, icy lady?
Old Jul 9th 2007, 6:47 pm
hmmmm...nice

google earth????

No - I was just interested to learn whether the Live Earth event made any headway in achieving its objectives in the UAE - the media here in the states is very divided over the issue. Liberal vs republican america - it's been well received in California...

I am still struggeling to find out what you are all talking about here...Live Earth...?
Old Jul 9th 2007, 6:49 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

google earth????

Is this the only discussion tonight?
Old Jul 9th 2007, 6:51 pm
hmmmm...nice

I am still struggeling to find out what you are all talking about here...Live Earth...?
anyway...lets talk about what really matters...why do you keep calling me icy lady...
Old Jul 9th 2007, 7:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anyway...lets talk about what really matters...why do you keep calling me icy lady...
is there an alternative descriptor that you would prefer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.