The Lions

Old Jul 3rd 2013, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Lions

Dropping BOD I think is the right decision and I disagree with you Scamp about Faletau, I was hoping he'd be included in the starting line-up.

I think the fact that Wales have not been able to beat Australia recently is irrelevant, these are the Lions, granted the majority are Welsh, but I honestly think they're in with a good chance, particularly with this line-up.

Think positive!
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 8:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
Dropping BOD I think is the right decision and I disagree with you Scamp about Faletau, I was hoping he'd be included in the starting line-up.

I think the fact that Wales have not been able to beat Australia recently is irrelevant, these are the Lions, granted the majority are Welsh, but I honestly think they're in with a good chance, particularly with this line-up.

Think positive!
I can't think positive. I can't stop thinking about my heart being broken on Saturday.

I'm a gentleman, so I accept your point about BOD, but you are fundamentally and completely wrong about Faletau. We could put a pitching wedge on the half way line and leave it there...that would be a more effective No8 than that helmet.

Like I say, I hope he proves me wrong for one game only, but I'm not counting my chickens.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 4:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not too concerned about BO'D being left out - he has been one of the greats, and still has his moments, but the Aussies have worked him out - any line breaks by him in the first two Tests?

And which famous rugby coach has been in Dubai for the last 2-3 days (on a corporate jobby) telling everyone that WG 'doesn't know what he's doing'?

One thing is certain - with (remind me?) EIGHT team changes from 1st to 2nd Test, and these changes now, it is clear that, notwithstanding injuries, WG has never had a clear idea what his best XV is.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 5:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Yup, Al Manzil Hotel.
Strongly recommend Velocity at the Marriott Marquis in Business Bay - lots of big screens, cinema sound - and very few people seem to know about it...........
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hitler reacts to the news that BO'D has been dropped..............

Old Jul 4th 2013, 3:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by csdf
I agree - the law must be about the direction the ball travels, not the direction it left the player's hands. Otherwise you could face your own goal posts and through it "backwards" towards the opposing half.
Back to this question - the forward pass.............

I don't even agree with the IRB - this video is bizarre, yet it first appeared in an IRB TV show (Total Rugby). The comments in the final minute just do not make sense.

Last edited by The Dean; Jul 4th 2013 at 3:23 am. Reason: .
Old Jul 4th 2013, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Seems that this rule requires more than a passing understand of Einsteinian relative frames of motion.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 4:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by The Dean
Strongly recommend Velocity at the Marriott Marquis in Business Bay - lots of big screens, cinema sound - and very few people seem to know about it...........
Yeah, it's alright in there, but that atmosphere makes it more fun.

Velocity is walking distance from home for me, so not a bad suggestion. Although you'll be downstairs with the other fresh-air breathers.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

giddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scamp
True.

I need to stop thinking about it, I'm feeling sick already.
Jesus man...have a bit more confidence (faletau aside )

Aust are very close to falling apart in the forwards - to use OZ slang -they are 'rooted' after 2 tough tests and I am confident the Lions can roll them up front in the 3rd. Aust have called up George Smith (great player however retired in 2010). Clearly he is going to go for it for 60 mins and then bring on the regular Hooper for the last 20. My only worry about the forwards rolling them is the missing POD. Still think the Lions should hold it tight with Sexton and Halfpenny controlling territory. Just grind the bxxtards down.

It is going to be a great event and few finger nails will be gone on Sat
Old Jul 4th 2013, 12:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by giddyup
Jesus man...have a bit more confidence (faletau aside )

Aust are very close to falling apart in the forwards - to use OZ slang -they are 'rooted' after 2 tough tests and I am confident the Lions can roll them up front in the 3rd. Aust have called up George Smith (great player however retired in 2010). Clearly he is going to go for it for 60 mins and then bring on the regular Hooper for the last 20. My only worry about the forwards rolling them is the missing POD. Still think the Lions should hold it tight with Sexton and Halfpenny controlling territory. Just grind the bxxtards down.

It is going to be a great event and few finger nails will be gone on Sat
I think the absence/dropping of Hooper is more significant than the BO'D situation - O'Driscoll has had two quiet games but Hooper was good last week (even though Warburton was the outstanding player on the field).

I think the most significant man this week though will be Romain Poite - he allows a contest at the tackle area and breakdown, he doesn't punish a pack for having the downright bloody nerve to be better than their opposite numbers, he bins offenders at scrums anyway - expect some Aussie yellow cards by the 60th minute..........
Old Jul 6th 2013, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

So any last minute predictions? I am going for Aussies 25-19 Lions.
Old Jul 6th 2013, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
So any last minute predictions? I am going for Aussies 25-19 Lions.
No takers then? Its so bloody annoying that the Aussies get to play a national anthem and we don't. We should play something even if its the Welsh one.
Old Jul 6th 2013, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

No takers then? Its so bloody annoying that the Aussies get to play a national anthem and we don't. We should play something even if its the Welsh one.
Good first 8 minutes.
Old Jul 6th 2013, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Good first 8 minutes.
Spoiler alert for those recording the game. It was not a bad 80 minutes either. Bugger me!
Old Jul 6th 2013, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

giddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to allgiddyup is a name known to all

Jesus that was good - great team effort and Halfpenny was definitely player of the series. I think there'll be a few dollars spend down on the Sydney waterfront tonight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.