The Lions

Old Jul 1st 2013, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Lions

Originally Posted by The Dean
WARBURTON OUT OF 3RD TEST.
On the positive side............... the ref for the 3rd Test is Romain Poite who allows teams with front row (and/or scrummage in general) superiority to exercise it, and refs the fringes and breakdowns properly.......... if the Lions pick some big units, they may still come out on top.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

So where has everyone watched the first 2 tests?

I watched the first at home but went to the Byblos for the 2nd.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 11:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Manchester_QS
So where has everyone watched the first 2 tests?

I watched the first at home but went to the Byblos for the 2nd.
Both in Nezzas so far.

Fully of Aussie ***** though.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Live stream over t'internet.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scamp
Both in Nezzas so far.

Fully of Aussie ***** though.
Just wondering where to watch the final test.

The Byblos was mainly full of Brits though.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 11:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Just wondering where to watch the final test.

The Byblos was mainly full of Brits though.
Nezzas is a Southern hemisphere rugby bar...it's got a great atmosphere but you are definitely surrounded by shackle-draggers.

Still, I've watched both tests in there so far and it's got an amazing buzz. Be prepared for some stick when we lose though.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Nezzas is a Southern hemisphere rugby bar...it's got a great atmosphere but you are definitely surrounded by shackle-draggers.

Still, I've watched both tests in there so far and it's got an amazing buzz. Be prepared for some stick when we lose though.
Unfortunately I would be surprised if we win!

Might watch the match in there though. Be a good change!
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 12:07 pm
Account Closed

Unfortunately I would be surprised if we win!

Might watch the match in there though. Be a good change!
If you want a seat then get there when it opens at 12:00.

I'll be stood outside at 12:00 on the dot looking shit nervous.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

If you want a seat then get there when it opens at 12:00.

I'll be stood outside at 12:00 on the dot looking shit nervous.
May see you there!

Is it the one in Downtown?
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 1:16 pm
Account Closed

May see you there!

Is it the one in Downtown?
Yup, Al Manzil Hotel.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 5:25 am
Account Closed

Team announced:

British and Irish Lions: Leigh Halfpenny (Wales), Tommy Bowe (Ireland), Jonathan Davies (Wales), Jamie Roberts (Wales), George North (Wales), Jonathan Sexton (Ireland), Mike Phillips (Wales); Alex Corbisiero (England), Richard Hibbard (Wales), Adam Jones (Wales), Alun Wyn Jones (captain, Wales), Geoff Parling (England), Dan Lydiate (Wales), Sean O'Brien (Ireland), Toby Faletau (Wales)

Replacements: Tom Youngs (England), Mako Vunipola (England), Dan Cole (England), Richie Gray (Scotland), Justin Tipuric (Wales), Conor Murray (Ireland), Owen Farrell (England), Manu Tuilagi (England)

10 Welsh players - will WG get slated like Woodward did?

Slightly disappointed that BOD has seen the stands, not even the bench.

Toby Faletau is the worst No8 in international rugby, that's a disgusting addition to a test side. (I don't mind if he proves me wrong for one game though...)

Jamie Roberts is a great addition to the centre, hopefully he can last the 80 mins and we add Tuilagi depending how we're getting on.

Wales aren't good enough to beat Australia on their own, so selecting a test side made up of 66% welsh players doesn't seem quite right to me.

Gutted for Richie Gray too, I think Parling is lucky to keep his place.

We are desperately going to miss POC, Warbuhelmet and I think...BOD's brain.

Lions to capitulate like England v Wales in the 6N.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Team announced:

British and Irish Lions: Leigh Halfpenny (Wales), Tommy Bowe (Ireland), Jonathan Davies (Wales), Jamie Roberts (Wales), George North (Wales), Jonathan Sexton (Ireland), Mike Phillips (Wales); Alex Corbisiero (England), Richard Hibbard (Wales), Adam Jones (Wales), Alun Wyn Jones (captain, Wales), Geoff Parling (England), Dan Lydiate (Wales), Sean O'Brien (Ireland), Toby Faletau (Wales)

Replacements: Tom Youngs (England), Mako Vunipola (England), Dan Cole (England), Richie Gray (Scotland), Justin Tipuric (Wales), Conor Murray (Ireland), Owen Farrell (England), Manu Tuilagi (England)

10 Welsh players - will WG get slated like Woodward did?

Slightly disappointed that BOD has seen the stands, not even the bench.

Toby Faletau is the worst No8 in international rugby, that's a disgusting addition to a test side. (I don't mind if he proves me wrong for one game though...)

Jamie Roberts is a great addition to the centre, hopefully he can last the 80 mins and we add Tuilagi depending how we're getting on.

Wales aren't good enough to beat Australia on their own, so selecting a test side made up of 66% welsh players doesn't seem quite right to me.

Gutted for Richie Gray too, I think Parling is lucky to keep his place.

We are desperately going to miss POC, Warbuhelmet and I think...BOD's brain.

Lions to capitulate like England v Wales in the 6N.
I expected BOD to be on the bench but dropped all together is quite a shock!
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 6:08 am
Account Closed

I expected BOD to be on the bench but dropped all together is quite a shock!
Indeed.

He's not been utterly special but he can produce the quality when it matters and you won't find many harder working backs on the field.

Shame for him more than anything. His last ever Lions test will be a defeat to a bunch of convicts.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Indeed.

He's not been utterly special but he can produce the quality when it matters and you won't find many harder working backs on the field.

Shame for him more than anything. His last ever Lions test will be a defeat to a bunch of convicts.
More than likely the same result if he played on Saturday!
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 7:00 am
Account Closed

More than likely the same result if he played on Saturday!
True.

I need to stop thinking about it, I'm feeling sick already.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.