Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Limitations to bringing in medication to Dubai

Limitations to bringing in medication to Dubai

Old Jun 30th 2018, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

jess12188 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Limitations to bringing in medication to Dubai

Hi everyone, I am moving to Dubai in August. There was a recent story in the newspapers about a British woman being arrested at the DXB airport on suspicion of drug trafficking when infact she was simply bringing her partner some codeine pain killers. I have some prescription creams that I need and would like to bring 3/4 of each with me and I am also prescribed Valium to calm my nerves when flying and would like to bring some with me when I move over to use when travelling around. Does anyone know where/how I can find out the allowance for bringing in specific medication drugs to the country?? Or any other advice regarding prescriptions etc.

Thanks!
Old Jul 1st 2018, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice
Default Re: Limitations to bringing in medication to Dubai

Here you go

https://www.government.ae/en/information-and-services/health-and-fitness/drugs-and-controlled-medicines/controlled-medicines-
Old Jul 1st 2018, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Limitations to bringing in medication to Dubai

Originally Posted by jess12188
Hi everyone, I am moving to Dubai in August. There was a recent story in the newspapers about a British woman being arrested at the DXB airport on suspicion of drug trafficking when infact she was simply bringing her partner some codeine pain killers. I have some prescription creams that I need and would like to bring 3/4 of each with me and I am also prescribed Valium to calm my nerves when flying and would like to bring some with me when I move over to use when travelling around. Does anyone know where/how I can find out the allowance for bringing in specific medication drugs to the country?? Or any other advice regarding prescriptions etc.

Thanks!

If my memory serves me correctly the alleged lady was traveling to Egypt not Dubai and had over 300 ( tablets of Tramadol prescription only medicine which she obtained via a colleague) Someone has sent you the banned list of medicines. In order to legally carry items through you will need a Drs note and presrciption ( attested) and the original copies need to be carried with you. I think there is also a limit on how many you can bring in