Laura Hall

Old Jan 26th 2011, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Laura Hall

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
we were sending 200 quid a month back for an 18 year old who is on the dole!!
How does that work... I always had you down as a young filly.

Anyway, amounts to much the same then... rock n' roll is about 40quid a week...
Old Jan 26th 2011, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

nobody here has factored in the cost of pencils, books and rubbers (and I referring to the type that prevent errors not correct them).
Old Jan 26th 2011, 10:07 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
we were sending 200 quid a month back for an 18 year old who is on the dole!!
My rationale for the 350 was:

Breakfast & dinner (in digs): 3 per day x 25 days = 75
Dinner out: 10 x 5 times a month = 50
Lunch out: 4 x 30 days = 120
Entertainment / booze: 105 per month
Transport: nil
Phone: nil
Books, clothes and other expenses: paid separately by me
Haircuts: when he comes home
All other significant or one-off expenses: paid separately by me

He says he's found a couple of local pubs where beer's less than 2 quid a pint, which equates to 50-60 pints a month, or 10-15 a week. On reflection, that's fairly restrained.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 10:12 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
nobody here has factored in the cost of pencils, books and rubbers (and I referring to the type that prevent errors not correct them).
He says he hasn't got a girlfriend yet (he had/has plenty in Ilkley)--although the vast majority of his course are Chinese, and a good number of them female, they don't mix. And in his digs there's only one girl. When he does no doubt the expenses will go up.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy

He says he's found a couple of local pubs where beer's less than 2 quid a pint, which equates to 50-60 pints a month, or 10-15 a week. On reflection, that's fairly restrained.
3 quid a day on food? I'm sure I (well my Dad) paid about that per meal at college and I did two meals a day there. Couldn't face breakfast would have been too hung over.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 10:14 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

How does that work... I always had you down as a young filly.

Anyway, amounts to much the same then... rock n' roll is about 40quid a week...
not my son, and incidently I am probably older than you
Old Jan 26th 2011, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

He needs a part time job which will eat into his drinking time rather than his studying time ... thinking shelf stacking in a supermarket in the evenings or something similar.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 10:31 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy
He needs a part time job which will eat into his drinking time rather than his studying time ... thinking shelf stacking in a supermarket in the evenings or something similar.
Working in a bar might not be such a bad idea. He would see the effects of over-indulging from another person's perspective. Also reduce drinking time.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 10:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lionheart
Working in a bar might not be such a bad idea. He would see the effects of over-indulging from another person's perspective. Also reduce drinking time.
and on pound-a-pint night make a fortune from under-ringing the till!
Old Jan 26th 2011, 10:41 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

You would encourage a young student with a bright future ahead of him to indulge in criminal activities?

and on pound-a-pint night make a fortune from under-ringing the till!
Old Jan 26th 2011, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ethos83
You would encourage a young student with a bright future ahead of him to indulge in criminal activities?
No. Just highlighting what can happen to those of a sheltered existence.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 11:35 am
Hit 16's

3 quid a day on food? I'm sure I (well my Dad) paid about that per meal at college and I did two meals a day there. Couldn't face breakfast would have been too hung over.
Breakfast = a couple of rounds of toast and a couple of eggs, plus milk.
Dinner = steamed veg, pasta and chicken
All students are allergic to fruit

You can do that on 3 quid a day. Or am I being tight?
Old Jan 26th 2011, 12:01 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

It's not a lot for food, but he has a choice. He could spend less on booze and more on food. Maybe I'm just mean, but if he wants to drink he could get a p/t job to fund that. I don't see why you should really need to fund his drinking if you are paying for everything else.

Life is tough. Having fun can be expensive and is a privilege, not a right. The sooner people learn that the better.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 12:05 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is he living in the halls where he can get prepared meals or is he out on his own in some type of shared flat situation?

When I move to London I'll probably easily spend 400-500 quid a month on food alone, but there's virtue to learning how to survive on cheap food. I ate nothing but pasta and canned fish for four or five years during my student years. He can eat well on your allowance...as long as he has the capacity to learn how to eat on a tiny budget.

Old Jan 26th 2011, 12:15 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Is he living in the halls where he can get prepared meals or is he out on his own in some type of shared flat situation?

When I move to London I'll probably easily spend 400-500 quid a month on food alone, but there's virtue to learning how to survive on cheap food. I ate nothing but pasta and canned fish for four or five years during my student years. He can eat well on your allowance...as long as he has the capacity to learn how to eat on a tiny budget.
125 quid a week in Asda? that seems alot, their salads for one are only 2 quid

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.