Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Land Rover Discovery/ LR3

Land Rover Discovery/ LR3

Old May 30th 2013, 8:52 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Land Rover Discovery/ LR3

Old May 30th 2013, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
I loved my old SWB Patrol Safari. It was an '83, with a 4 speed box. Made the same (deafening) noise whether you were doing 60 km/h or 140 km/h...
I can tell you that another 16 years RnD at Nissan didn't make the Patrol any quieter - although I did get an extra gear.
Old May 30th 2013, 8:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
Nothing a couple of weekends couldn't fix...
Old May 30th 2013, 8:59 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I can tell you that another 16 years RnD at Nissan didn't make the Patrol any quieter - although I did get an extra gear.
well that and replacing the inline 6 p40 engine
Old May 30th 2013, 9:04 am
**** it we'll do it live

Nothing a couple of weekends couldn't fix...
new suspension, new seals all round, new head or rebored, complete engine rebuild ideally, chassis is fine rust everywhere else now.
its a shame but it was offroad for 3 years when the government wouldn't let me register it. it fell nicely between too old for normal registration and too young for vintage registration. they have now changed that and kindly backdated the fine for non registration for me.

now desperately trying to avoid the wife calling a scrappy to collect it! between that and the disco im not popular
Old May 30th 2013, 9:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

well that and replacing the inline 6 p40 engine
I thought they also had the TB42. It drinks a huge amount of fuel.
Old May 30th 2013, 9:13 am
**** it we'll do it live

nope, its a 1930's inline 6 4.0 and thirsty as ****. mind you you can start in any gear on any slope with any load. refined it is not.

last one of my shabab interior when she was still shiny

[IMG][/IMG]
Old May 30th 2013, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

The P40 in my Patrol did the equivelent of 9mpg (on a good day...)
Old May 30th 2013, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

nope, its a 1930's inline 6 4.0 and thirsty as ****. mind you you can start in any gear on any slope with any load. refined it is not.

last one of my shabab interior when she was still shiny

http://<a href="http://i.imgur.com/8...NQHm.jpg?1</a>
You can't see the seats in my photo, but they were a very stylish lilac colour...

Last edited by OleJanx; May 30th 2013 at 9:22 am.
Old May 30th 2013, 9:21 am
**** it we'll do it live

The P40 in my Patrol did the equivelent of 9mpg (on a good day...)
Sounds about right. Man I need to get a car that isn't shit at some point
Old May 30th 2013, 9:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

More old crap...
Attached Thumbnails Land Rover Discovery/ LR3-img054.jpg  
Old May 30th 2013, 9:22 am
**** it we'll do it live

You can't see the seats in my photo, but they were a very sylish lilac colour...
You didn't have the lovely poo brown interior then
Old May 30th 2013, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You didn't have the lovely poo brown interior then
The dashboard and door cards were that delightful shade, yes, to go with the turd brown racing stripes down the sides.
Old May 30th 2013, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Another of my battle wagons.
Attached Thumbnails Land Rover Discovery/ LR3-img055.jpg  
Old May 30th 2013, 9:27 am
**** it we'll do it live

The dashboard and door cards were that delightful shade, yes, to go with the turd brown racing stripes down the sides.
lol, thats why mine was redone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.