Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

It's the Islamic silly season.............

It's the Islamic silly season.............

Old May 16th 2010, 4:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default It's the Islamic silly season.............

Pushing things a bit far?

http://business.maktoob.com/20090000...ks/Article.htm

Last edited by The Dean; May 16th 2010 at 4:10 am. Reason: .
Old May 16th 2010, 4:27 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It's the Islamic silly season.............

Originally Posted by The Dean
My question is why Pakistanis are allowed to play cricket.
Old May 16th 2010, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

It's there train set, let them crash it.
Some people just dont think about these bright !! ideas they have.
Old May 16th 2010, 11:33 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it always Islamic silly season?

-
Old May 16th 2010, 11:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
My question is why Pakistanis are allowed to play cricket.
so they can throw games to earn lots of money
Old May 16th 2010, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

mathematist will become famous soon enough

As an Economist, I have studied debt and interest in detail and the Islamic stance on this. Eg, African countries and other indebted nations owe £8 pounds for every £1 pound borrowed, why? The result, crippling debts on an enormous scale and an inability to pay back the amount.
What the Islamic view is to disallow it in any form small or great.

Alcohol consumption may relax you, warm you in colder climates, but do people adhere to recommended guidelines? See your town centres and hospitals on the weekend and you'll realise what I mean.

Same goes for gambling etc that destroy lives and breaks families apart. If you're inclined to accumulate wealth, you will not understand this but if you're more ethical about your income, you can only commend this stance that disallow things regardless of consumption in small or great quantities.

That's why Muslims are advised not to have anything to do with interest and some of the above mentioned things, so silly season clearly shows a lack of understanding on Islamic finance on your part.
Old May 16th 2010, 12:57 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mathematist
As an Economist, I have studied debt and interest in detail and the Islamic stance on this. Eg, African countries and other indebted nations owe £8 pounds for every £1 pound borrowed, why? The result, crippling debts on an enormous scale and an inability to pay back the amount.

Alcohol consumption may relax you, warm you in colder climates, but do people adhere to recommended guidelines? See your town centres and hospitals on the weekend and you'll realise what I mean.

Same goes for gambling etc that destroy lives and breaks families apart. If you're inclined to accumulate wealth, you will not understand this but if you're more ethical about your income, you can only commend this stance that disallow things regardless of consumption in small or great quantities.

That's why Muslims are advised not to have anything to do with interest and some of the above mentioned things, so silly season clearly shows a lack of understanding on Islamic finance on your part.
Oh no, here we go again....
Old May 16th 2010, 2:19 pm
Account Closed

captaincaveman is an unknown quantity at this point

They just call it profit rate and add fees.

Result is the same - Semantics.
Old May 16th 2010, 5:48 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by captaincaveman
They just call it profit rate and add fees.

Result is the same - Semantics.
And its close relative Aunty Semitics.
Old May 16th 2010, 6:25 pm
Shikra

shikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mathematist

Agreed! It is the real truth. The American national debt is a great example of it, which we just discussed in a thread earlier. The only point optimistic minds have is that the so called 'confidence' in American dollar would protect it from facing the same situation as Greece is facing right now. But I feel the debt is gonna win over any confidence we have, just like it ran over any confidence we had in history

To those who feel pain about this truth only because of the name 'Islam' are requested to think out of the religion and from only simple mathematical point of view, the result is as simple as 2+2
Old May 16th 2010, 6:26 pm
Shikra

shikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond reputeshikra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
Oh no, here we go again....
LOL, if you say, we don't do it again, but unfortunately, truth is truth
Old May 16th 2010, 7:12 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shikra
LOL, if you say, we don't do it again, but unfortunately, truth is truth
So you agree that Muslims shouldn't work in banks then?

Would reap absolute hell in the unemployment levels of young Nationals in the Middle East...might improve service levels but hey, what the.....
Old May 16th 2010, 7:14 pm
Shikra

So you agree that Muslims shouldn't work in banks then?

Would reap absolute hell in the unemployment levels of young Nationals in the Middle East...might improve service levels but hey, what the.....
There are lots of Banks in the MIDDLE EAST that run without Introducing interests that is the basic cause of destruction through debt. Take a look around.... and hence, no unemployment....I would suggest all the banks of this world may/may not adopt the religion Islam (or literally any religion) but start saying no to 'debt with interests'...thank you
Old May 16th 2010, 7:17 pm
If I have to explain...

Originally Posted by shikra
There are lots of Banks in the MIDDLE EAST that run without Introducing interests that is the basic cause of destruction through debt. Take a look around.... and hence, no unemployment....I would suggest all the banks of this world may/may not adopt the religion Islam (or literally any religion) but start saying no to 'debt with interests'...thank you
But profit is OK?
Old May 16th 2010, 7:19 pm
Shikra

But profit is OK?
profit is not debt (with interest), debt is not profit, we are all wise men here

Believe me, it is as simple as it sounds, the only reason forces us to make it feel complex is that we all are bounded by this 'debt-system'. I am with you in the same boat, don't think I am a smart guy

But I believe in saying the right thing, even if I am myself not obeying it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.