British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   It's the Islamic silly season............. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/its-islamic-silly-season-668375/)

The Dean May 16th 2010 4:09 am

It's the Islamic silly season.............

:huh: Pushing things a bit far?

http://business.maktoob.com/20090000...ks/Article.htm

lionheart May 16th 2010 4:27 am

Re: It's the Islamic silly season.............

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 8567890)

My question is why Pakistanis are allowed to play cricket.;)

coffindodger May 16th 2010 7:21 am

It's there train set, let them crash it.
Some people just dont think about these bright !! ideas they have.

Meow May 16th 2010 11:33 am

Isn't it always Islamic silly season?

-

Inselaffen May 16th 2010 11:34 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8567913)
My question is why Pakistanis are allowed to play cricket.;)

so they can throw games to earn lots of money

mathematist May 16th 2010 12:41 pm

As an Economist, I have studied debt and interest in detail and the Islamic stance on this. Eg, African countries and other indebted nations owe £8 pounds for every £1 pound borrowed, why? The result, crippling debts on an enormous scale and an inability to pay back the amount.
What the Islamic view is to disallow it in any form small or great.

Alcohol consumption may relax you, warm you in colder climates, but do people adhere to recommended guidelines? See your town centres and hospitals on the weekend and you'll realise what I mean.

Same goes for gambling etc that destroy lives and breaks families apart. If you're inclined to accumulate wealth, you will not understand this but if you're more ethical about your income, you can only commend this stance that disallow things regardless of consumption in small or great quantities.

That's why Muslims are advised not to have anything to do with interest and some of the above mentioned things, so silly season clearly shows a lack of understanding on Islamic finance on your part.

Roadking May 16th 2010 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by mathematist (Post 8568395)
As an Economist, I have studied debt and interest in detail and the Islamic stance on this. Eg, African countries and other indebted nations owe £8 pounds for every £1 pound borrowed, why? The result, crippling debts on an enormous scale and an inability to pay back the amount.

Alcohol consumption may relax you, warm you in colder climates, but do people adhere to recommended guidelines? See your town centres and hospitals on the weekend and you'll realise what I mean.

Same goes for gambling etc that destroy lives and breaks families apart. If you're inclined to accumulate wealth, you will not understand this but if you're more ethical about your income, you can only commend this stance that disallow things regardless of consumption in small or great quantities.

That's why Muslims are advised not to have anything to do with interest and some of the above mentioned things, so silly season clearly shows a lack of understanding on Islamic finance on your part.

Oh no, here we go again....:rofl:

captaincaveman May 16th 2010 2:19 pm

They just call it profit rate and add fees.

Result is the same - Semantics.

Bahtatboy May 16th 2010 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by captaincaveman (Post 8568476)
They just call it profit rate and add fees.

Result is the same - Semantics.

And its close relative Aunty Semitics.

shikra May 16th 2010 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by mathematist (Post 8568395)

Agreed! It is the real truth. The American national debt is a great example of it, which we just discussed in a thread earlier. The only point optimistic minds have is that the so called 'confidence' in American dollar would protect it from facing the same situation as Greece is facing right now. But I feel the debt is gonna win over any confidence we have, just like it ran over any confidence we had in history :(

To those who feel pain about this truth only because of the name 'Islam' are requested to think out of the religion and from only simple mathematical point of view, the result is as simple as 2+2 ;)

shikra May 16th 2010 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 8568412)
Oh no, here we go again....:rofl:

LOL, if you say, we don't do it again, but unfortunately, truth is truth :)

Roadking May 16th 2010 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by shikra (Post 8568822)
LOL, if you say, we don't do it again, but unfortunately, truth is truth :)

So you agree that Muslims shouldn't work in banks then?

Would reap absolute hell in the unemployment levels of young Nationals in the Middle East...might improve service levels but hey, what the.....

shikra May 16th 2010 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 8568874)
So you agree that Muslims shouldn't work in banks then?

Would reap absolute hell in the unemployment levels of young Nationals in the Middle East...might improve service levels but hey, what the.....

There are lots of Banks in the MIDDLE EAST that run without Introducing interests that is the basic cause of destruction through debt. Take a look around....:) and hence, no unemployment....I would suggest all the banks of this world may/may not adopt the religion Islam (or literally any religion) but start saying no to 'debt with interests'...thank you :)

Roadking May 16th 2010 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by shikra (Post 8568881)
There are lots of Banks in the MIDDLE EAST that run without Introducing interests that is the basic cause of destruction through debt. Take a look around....:) and hence, no unemployment....I would suggest all the banks of this world may/may not adopt the religion Islam (or literally any religion) but start saying no to 'debt with interests'...thank you :)

But profit is OK?

shikra May 16th 2010 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 8568886)
But profit is OK?

profit is not debt (with interest), debt is not profit, we are all wise men here :)

Believe me, it is as simple as it sounds, the only reason forces us to make it feel complex is that we all are bounded by this 'debt-system'. I am with you in the same boat, don't think I am a smart guy ;)

But I believe in saying the right thing, even if I am myself not obeying it.