Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Iran - Growing view that strike, by Israel or US, will happen

Iran - Growing view that strike, by Israel or US, will happen

Old Feb 29th 2012, 11:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Iran - Growing view that strike, by Israel or US, will happen

Originally Posted by northbadawi
For lazy readers:
73. ... No restrictions were placed on the movement of the Mission and its ability to interview Syrian citizens, both those who opposed the Government and those loyal to it.
74. ... the citizens believe the crisis should be resolved peacefully through Arab mediation alone, without international intervention. Doing so would allow them to live in peace and complete the reform process and bring about the change they desire.
(signed by 144 Arab League observers onsite including Homs)

Regrettably, the Big Brother nows better what the citizens of sovereign country want...

Peace

Mmm.

You're right; the Western press are a complete bunch of liars and the Arabic reporting structure for news is only ever portraying the complete, full, honest, detailed truth.

Marie Colvin, why is she no longer alive? Because the Arabs in the country were trying to peacefully resolve the issue? Through mediation?

I think you need a bit of a wake up call my friend. Nobody in this world is perfect, nor do they solve problems correctly every time, but if I'm correct, you are telling me that the Arab League are the end station? They say it's all OK and will be sorted then there will be a resolution to end the war?

Really?
Old Mar 4th 2012, 9:42 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Eastern Europeans after 50 years of brainwashing have got good imunity against political demagogy. You didn't live under ruling both of Nazis and Soviets (my generation neither under Nazis, but our parents did under both) and you know about them only from the politically correct books. That's why we can not understand each other.
I'm not going to escalate this topic though.
Am I right in concluding from this that you are trying to state that 'we have it all wrong' when it comes to the Nazis and Soviets?

And how do you know what my experience is?

Exactly this is my point!
WHO DECIDE who is the problematic leader and who does not? FOR WHOM he is problematic?
And "to remove problematic leaders" you destroy the entire countries and lifes of thousands and millions of their people as "entirely justifiable".
There are many ways to remove a leader. War is not the only way. In some cases pressure can be applied economically or diplomatically. In cases like Hitler though only war would have and did stop him.

Think by your own brains:
I can't think by anyone else's brains...I have a science diploma but my biology wasn't that good

And I have been a firm supporter for diplomacy at every step, it is always preferable to war. But how does one trust leaders who tell the world one thing and tell their people another? We know all politicians lie but the good ones tell the same lies to everyone.

I also know that I would rather see other people die than my own people or my allies people. You're not chatting to a wishy washy westerner who apologies for existing. Some of us don't believe the self-destructive propaganda we've have spoon fed to us for the last 50 years by people who want us gone so they can set up their own little ideological paradises.

Is the leader of your home country problematic? From the press I read it does, at least for many of your compatriots. Do you need the foreign help to remove him?
The leader of my home country can be removed by the will of the people quite peacefully. In fact he can be removed by his own peers in Parliament if he steps out of line or by the Head of State. We don't have to worry about him dropping nuclear weapons on countries he doesn't like for no valid reason, or for him to use the army to force the people to do what he likes.

You are comparing an apple with a potato. I come from an admittedly imperfect democratic country that still respects the rule of it's own laws and we tend to admit our mistakes both now and in the past. Can you say the same?

N.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 9:57 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
So why do they keep voting for them??
They don't - last time Iran had elections they had the army out killing and terrorising and arresting the many thousands of people who were protesting what they saw as rigged elections as well as the Iranian Government's increasing self-isolation of itself...

Younger Iranians especially do no want to live in an Islamic Republic. They are the heirs of a 3500 year culture that inspired the declaration of human rights, had no slavery and whose leaders called their bitter Roman rival leaders 'brothers' even after centuries of war right up until they were annexed by opportunist desert dwellers with a new religion to impose on their world. The sons and daughters of Darius are living under a terrible foreign theological oppression that has lasted nearly 1000 years and I think it's clear many of them have have had enough.

That's why their leaders have to become more and more extreme to create more and more enemies so they can distract the people from just how much they are cheating them.

The question is how much and what kind of help will the world give the Iranians who want to be free?

N.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by Scamp
Couldn't have put it better.

David Cameron might be a bit of a prick, but he's not comparable to Saddam / Gaddafi et al.
He's not that bad...he openly stated multiculturalism is a failure.

Then again he did say he thinks Turkey should be in the EU so let's not give him too much credit.

N.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 11:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
He's not that bad...he openly stated multiculturalism is a failure.

Then again he did say he thinks Turkey should be in the EU so let's not give him too much credit.

N.
To be honest, I just don't really like him that much. He seems to lack any real presence in any situation.

Did like him sticking two fingers up to Europe when given the chance though.

Swings and roundabouts. It's him or Clegg or Militwat.

The above trio of options strikes me of same shit, different toilet.

Still. Rather have him than a dictator / tyrant / insert aggressive title
Old Mar 4th 2012, 12:05 pm
Off Topic

northbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nice

you are trying to state that 'we have it all wrong' when it comes to the Nazis and Soviets?
I don't think you are wrong. But I see that you have it all different when it comes to the Nazis and Soviets, Libyans and Syrians, etc...

Politics is not a sciences. There are no Newton's laws in politics. All laws and all beliefs are subjective depending from your experience, where you are, who you are, and mostly - with whom you are... "I would rather see other other people die than my own people or my allies people".

There are many ways to remove a leader.
What is your business to remove my leader or any other leader? If it is not your leader then it is not your f...ng business.
The problem is that one leader wants to remove another leader and both starts brainwashing for own nations and allies.

We don't have to worry about him dropping nuclear weapons on countries he doesn't like for no valid reason
Hundred of Tomahawks on sovereign country doesn't counts?

Originally Posted by Scamp
Marie Colvin, why is she no longer alive?
Because she was not cautious, she entered Syria illegaly and was with armed rebels. Accidental casualty. RIP.
-----------

I respect all religions and all beliefs despite I don't think they all are very truthful.
But don't bring your beliefs by crusades or jihads to the others where you are not invited.

And armed gangs and defectors fighting against own leader and calling for foreign invasion are renegades and have been executed in all times in all countries.

Last edited by northbadawi; Mar 4th 2012 at 1:03 pm.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 12:14 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

What is your business to remove my leader or any other leader? If it is not your leader then it is not your f...ng business.
The problem is that one leader wants to remove another leader and both starts brainwashing for own nations and allies.

When 'your' leader starts doing things that affect other countries then it becomes their business. That has always been the way.

There is also something called care and compassion, so if certain leaders mistreat their own people, some of us think action need be taken to stop that.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 12:36 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

So you'd be content to stand on the sidelines and watch atrocities happen, and not lift a finger? And what about when "your" leader starts threatening me, my family and my security?
Old Mar 4th 2012, 1:24 pm
Off Topic

northbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
[I]what about when "your" leader starts threatening me, my family and my security?
True.
All those calls from "your" leaders for strike on Iran threatens millions of iranians, and also threatens me, my family and my security and my saudi and expat friends here.
Threatens a lot of BE in ME also...
Those of you in Bahrain: would you support the strike on leaders of Bahrain who mistreat their own people? Or supply weapons to disloyals?
Old Mar 4th 2012, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

khitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nice

If shit kicks off I'm getting as close to Makkah as possible. Last place I reckon will get bombed.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 2:27 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by khitan004
If shit kicks off I'm getting as close to Makkah as possible. Last place I reckon will get bombed.
yup - them Israelis would nehvah consider bombing Mekkah if Saudi decided to come out on the opposite side.....
Old Mar 4th 2012, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone listen to the Kenyan's speech today.....methinks the chest-beating has begun
Old Mar 4th 2012, 4:43 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy

So you'd be content to stand on the sidelines and watch atrocities happen, and not lift a finger? And what about when "your" leader starts threatening me, my family and my security?
Not to disagree completely with you here but we have stood idly by on the sidelines in many conflicts or incidences of atrocities.
The west has a fine history of acting as the world police when it suits and turning the blind eye on other occasions.
I am struggling to see the difference between inflicting causalities on one side in the name of democracy, and a leader doing it within his own country. Is it just arrogance that makes us believe we are doing it for justifiable reasons?
iraq and afganistan are not shining examples of success in this policy. Libya has turned to a tribal bloodbath since western help to depose Ghaddafi.
Can you argue this intervention has made you or your family demonstrably safer? I certainly can't.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Libya has turned to a tribal bloodbath since western help to depose Ghaddafi.

Bollox....

Yes, there are far too many arms knocking around, but there is no systematic tribe -vs- tribe genocide going on in Libya.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 4:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

They don't - last time Iran had elections they had the army out killing and terrorising and arresting the many thousands of people who were protesting what they saw as rigged elections as well as the Iranian Government's increasing self-isolation of itself...
The sarcasm was lost...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.