Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Indians and Chinese get better jobs than white British men

Indians and Chinese get better jobs than white British men

Old Oct 14th 2010, 2:50 pm
home

Forsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to behold
Default Indians and Chinese get better jobs than white British men

Chinese and Indian men are nearly twice as likely as white British men to find professional, middle-class jobs, according to the report How fair is Britain?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...itish-men.html
Old Oct 14th 2010, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indians and Chinese get better jobs than white British men

The reason why Indians and Chinese get better jobs in the UK is because on the whole their culture values the importance of education and the opportunities it brings. Rather than the average Chav who sits on his arse and complains about Johnny Foreigner
Old Oct 14th 2010, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benzonar
The reason why Indians and Chinese get better jobs in the UK is because on the whole their culture values the importance of education and the opportunities it brings. Rather than the average Chav who sits on his arse and complains about Johnny Foreigner
Gawd, the cheek of those bloody immigrants eh? Obviously they should stick to running takeaways.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 6:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

You beat me to it.

The average Chinese or Indian 14 year old is doing extra maths on a friday night. The average white 14 year old Brit is laying in the road, pissed, seeing how long he can stay there before he is scared about the cars coming to run him over.

Shame, as when the tables finally turn and the Chinese and Indians have filled the investment banks, the whites will have to serve the food and the quality of take away food will really drop.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
You beat me to it.

The average Chinese or Indian 14 year old is doing extra maths on a friday night. The average white 14 year old Brit is laying in the road, pissed, seeing how long he can stay there before he is scared about the cars coming to run him over.

Shame, as when the tables finally turn and the Chinese and Indians have filled the investment banks, the whites will have to serve the food and the quality of take away food will really drop.
...young , dumb and full of cum
I don't think it is such a big deal, let young folk have their fun and not have regrets later on in life, as long as they still graduate with decent grades. They can always find their educational calling later , in their 20s.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

the whites will have to serve the food and the quality of take away food will really drop.
bad news...
Old Oct 17th 2010, 11:52 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

I'd agree with that to a certain extent. Sadly native British culture values getting pissed up every weekend as more important than achieving worthwhile goals in life, raising a respectable family or going the extra mile. I don't know much about the Indians but the Chinese work hard and play hard as a general rule. They aren't scared to discipline their children and get them studying hard either - we're terrified to even smack a child's bum when they stick pencils in their friend's eye and certainly wouldn't dream of sending our kids (when we have kids that is...career and booze far more important than family and continuing the nation)

Yes we are generalising for sure (there are plenty of hard working native Brits and plenty of lazy Indians and Chinese) but overall it's a truism. Our culture has changed for the worse in many regards - we don't even bother to have kids let alone raise them properly so we can't really blame Indians or Chinese people for having a better shot at jobs in the UK.

N.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

zoukla will become famous soon enough

You beat me to it.

At uni while most were in the Pub..my chinese colleagues were in the Library late at night and got the tutorials done...The real irony was for some reason after getting straight As and funnily Bs in law etc. They never got a 2:1.
Nobody even bother asking the question but native class got full honours as they say in cricket...HOWZAT

I agree with Emirates Millhouse...have you been to Niddrie lately, aston, Lewisham, its there for the eyes to see. In the west midlands there is a trend amongst the ethnic indians...children must study dentistry.

The plan...taking advantage of the poor oral hygiene of local folk the unavailability of NHS dentists and setting up new practices in places where the sane dont even think of going....hence$$$$(cant find the pound symbol on this US computer)

Working smarter and harder i say....
Old Oct 18th 2010, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zoukla
At uni while most were in the Pub..my chinese colleagues were in the Library late at night and got the tutorials done...The real irony was for some reason after getting straight As and funnily Bs in law etc. They never got a 2:1.
Nobody even bother asking the question but native class got full honours as they say in cricket...HOWZAT

I agree with Emirates Millhouse...have you been to Niddrie lately, aston, Lewisham, its there for the eyes to see. In the west midlands there is a trend amongst the ethnic indians...children must study dentistry.

The plan...taking advantage of the poor oral hygiene of local folk the unavailability of NHS dentists and setting up new practices in places where the sane dont even think of going....hence$$$$(cant find the pound symbol on this US computer)

Working smarter and harder i say....
Maybee it's because they are cramming as opposed to really grasping the underlying concepts and being able to solve problems that do not have textbook answers?

In the US there is a trend amongst Indians, children must win spelling bees
Old Oct 18th 2010, 4:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Maybee it's because they are cramming as opposed to really grasping the underlying concepts and being able to solve problems that do not have textbook answers?
... that's pretty much how I got through my finals...
Old Oct 18th 2010, 4:49 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ethos is kindly pointing out that it is unfair to compare the average British Chinese or Indian with the average British. One would be better off comparing the average British with the average Chinese and Indian in their respective home countries. Of course the average British is better off.

The Chinese and Indians who have immigrated to the UK are, compared to their home country citizens, better educated and more motivated. After all they took the initiative to leave behind the familiar for the great unknown - HM's UK. That's not an easy step to take. So I'm not surprised to find that as a highly educated, striverish, determined to achieve minority group the Indian and Chinese are doing quite well.

The real question is whether an educated British Chinese/Indian get better jobs than comparably educated white British? I somehow think this isn't the case. I rather think they are comparable.

Last edited by Ethos83; Oct 18th 2010 at 6:13 am.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 8:35 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zoukla
I think there might be a linguistic and cultural factor there - some of them would have been studying in a second language. I wonder how many native Brits could go to China and study law in Mandarin in a Chinese cultural contex and come away with even a skin by teeth pass let alone a half decent grade....

N.