Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

If you only had one night in Dubai

If you only had one night in Dubai

Old Sep 15th 2009, 5:01 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you only had one night in Dubai

I liked Nobu.... anyway... some thoughts.

One night - tough one. As it's start of Oct you'll be able to sit outside...

Here's some expensive options...

Option 1

Sundowners at The Terrace at Park Hyatt
Dinner at Verre
After drinks at The Address over looking the Burj

Option 2

Sundowners at Belgian Beer Cafe / Champagne Bar
Dinner at Reflets
Drinks at Terrace Park Hyatt or Shisha at QDs on the creek

Option 3 (this is a quite a good option)

Sundowners at Barrasti (I'm not a big fan - but a couple of drinks if it's not too busy is nice)
Dinner at Beach Bar and Grill @ One and Only
Drinks at Rooftop Bar at One and Only

Option 4

Drinks at Bhari Bar at Mina A Salaam
Dinner at Pisces / Pier Chic at Madinat
Drinks at Trilogy Rooftop (if open) or Centimetro

any of these work for you?

Cheaper options

Barasti Drinks
Al fresco pizza at Bussola
Drinks at the Bondi Beach bar on the Palm

Drinks at 360
Dinner at Frankies
After drinks at The Conservatory

............. anyone else?
Old Sep 15th 2009, 5:43 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
I liked Nobu.... anyway... some thoughts.

One night - tough one. As it's start of Oct you'll be able to sit outside...

Here's some expensive options...

Option 1

Sundowners at The Terrace at Park Hyatt
Dinner at Verre
After drinks at The Address over looking the Burj

Option 2

Sundowners at Belgian Beer Cafe / Champagne Bar
Dinner at Reflets
Drinks at Terrace Park Hyatt or Shisha at QDs on the creek

Option 3 (this is a quite a good option)

Sundowners at Barrasti (I'm not a big fan - but a couple of drinks if it's not too busy is nice)
Dinner at Beach Bar and Grill @ One and Only
Drinks at Rooftop Bar at One and Only

Option 4

Drinks at Bhari Bar at Mina A Salaam
Dinner at Pisces / Pier Chic at Madinat
Drinks at Trilogy Rooftop (if open) or Centimetro

any of these work for you?

Cheaper options

Barasti Drinks
Al fresco pizza at Bussola
Drinks at the Bondi Beach bar on the Palm

Drinks at 360
Dinner at Frankies
After drinks at The Conservatory

............. anyone else?
All sounds good if you are buying!
Old Sep 15th 2009, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Nobu is one of the most over-rated places I've been to.

Last time I tried to get into Buddha bar I was stopped by the doormen. I wasn't wearing sunglasses and my shirt was too loose.
lol

presentation is everything
Old Sep 15th 2009, 7:38 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

if you want to experience the dubai which 98% of its residents live in then

have dinner at danials on the creek outside on the balcony overlooking the dhow wharfage, eat a variety of dishes which you have no idea of the name contents etc
then take a mince around the souqs, avoiding the gold souq like the plague,
stop for a fruit juice or chai (my preference) at some dive on the street for refreshment and wonder at the sheer mass of people crammed into one area and the vast differences in nationalities and cultures in view.
haggle like hell over some piece of crap you dont need and refuse to pay white mans price.
get a bus home

should cost under 75dhs a head
Old Sep 15th 2009, 7:41 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
if you want to experience the dubai which 98% of its residents live in then

have dinner at danials on the creek outside on the balcony overlooking the dhow wharfage, eat a variety of dishes which you have no idea of the name contents etc
then take a mince around the souqs, avoiding the gold souq like the plague,
stop for a fruit juice or chai (my preference) at some dive on the street for refreshment and wonder at the sheer mass of people crammed into one area and the vast differences in nationalities and cultures in view.
haggle like hell over some piece of crap you dont need and refuse to pay white mans price.
get a bus home

should cost under 75dhs a head
as the Metro will be finished by then! if it were my last night in Dubai it would be spent at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, it's my favourite one.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 7:43 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
as the Metro will be finished by then! if it were my last night in Dubai it would be spent at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, it's my favourite one.
wrong diddly wrong for oh so many reasons. hasnt been the same since chicago beach
Old Sep 15th 2009, 7:46 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
So the Metro will be running to JBH, really?
Old Sep 15th 2009, 8:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Butter chicken at ravis followed by a trip to the York.

thats another way to spend the night
Old Sep 15th 2009, 8:54 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Rock Bottom, Good Fellas, Rattle Snake.........

......... all of them have great Filipino bands...........
Now you're talking...don't forget the Marine Club and Music Room!

N.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 9:10 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dubai:
A dhow dinner cruise (upper deck - open air) on Dubai Creek in the evening, then a quick look around the souqs, then late evening drinks at The Address overlooking the Burj or the Irish Village.

or

New Dubai:
Early evening boat cruise from Dubai Marina (to see Palm Jumeira, Marina and JBR lit up at night) and end up at the Dubai Marina Yacht Club for pre-dinner drinks followed by dinner on the balcony and then a short trip to Sky Bar terrace at the Hilton Jumeira Beach Hotel for coffee and liqueurs.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Now you're talking...don't forget the Marine Club and Music Room!

N.
jockeys then along to hunters then into the york then off with your catch of the day then terminal 3 !
Old Sep 15th 2009, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by co durham boy
jockeys then along to hunters then into the york then off with your catch of the day then terminal 3 !
Don't forget "Golden Star" who play at the club upstairs at the Seaview Hotel! Used to be top notch before they lost Melrose the singer and the guitarist!
Old Sep 15th 2009, 10:42 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
wrong diddly wrong for oh so many reasons. hasnt been the same since chicago beach
there is no comparison between the two, I did like Chicago Beach I have to say but it was miles away!!
Old Sep 15th 2009, 10:42 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by lionheart
So the Metro will be running to JBH, really?
I wasn't referring to me using the Metro
Old Sep 15th 2009, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

mine would be drinks at koubba, dinner at mjs, finished off with a shisha at the little beach bar at al qasr...

MM, xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.