Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

If you only had one night in Dubai

If you only had one night in Dubai

Old Sep 14th 2009, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all
Default If you only had one night in Dubai

What part of town would you go out in...,

I'm guessing you could do

- Burj Dubai; maybe cocktails at The Address and then dinner at Rivington

- Marina; cocktails at Observatory and dinner at Buddha Bar

- Atlantis the whole eve; drinks then dinner at Nobu and dancing at Sanctuary

I know Buddha Bar, Rivington and Nobu isnt the same.., point I'm trying to get across is what would be the right combo to see the best of Dubai
Old Sep 14th 2009, 7:54 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you only had one night in Dubai

Originally Posted by Timmy Molloy - London Boy

I know Buddha Bar, Rivington and Nobu isnt the same.., point I'm trying to get across is what would be the right combo to see the best of Dubai
doing none of the above would be a reasonable start
Old Sep 14th 2009, 9:09 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

would have to depend on the time of year and the interests / inclinations of the participants.... 20 somethings would not agree with 50 somethings for example.... give us some reference points old (or young) chap
Old Sep 14th 2009, 9:11 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
doing none of the above would be a reasonable start
by the way I agree... no matter what the suggested itineraries are rubbish
Old Sep 14th 2009, 9:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Rock Bottom, Good Fellas, Rattle Snake.........

......... all of them have great Filipino bands...........
Old Sep 14th 2009, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

bagspacked will become famous soon enoughbagspacked will become famous soon enough

best thing to do would be to plan your exit. The place is way overated, tourist mall trap, slave labour camp with a nice backdrop of rusty cranes for your holiday snaps.

Burj aljarab, charge almost 200 euro to enter the hotel just to get in the gate. Their way of ensuring the hotel isnt wall to wall with no paying tourists and kids. complete ripoff

The snowboarding in the centre is good actually so spend your night snowboarding
Old Sep 14th 2009, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Autonomy
would have to depend on the time of year and the interests / inclinations of the participants.... 20 somethings would not agree with 50 somethings for example.... give us some reference points old (or young) chap
hello, thanks for a helpful response

mid 20's to mid 30's, a couple, one man and one woman..., like dining and a good drink, dancing isnt important cos one of us can dance and the other cant

time of year, early October
Old Sep 15th 2009, 1:42 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my god, the places you mention are so typical of what has went wrong with Dubai and the type of people that have ****ed the place up.

What a pretentious load of overpriced crap...not surprising from a Laaandoner.

**** me mate..get a life
Old Sep 15th 2009, 3:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bagspacked
best thing to do would be to plan your exit. The place is way overated, tourist mall trap, slave labour camp with a nice backdrop of rusty cranes for your holiday snaps.

Burj aljarab, charge almost 200 euro to enter the hotel just to get in the gate. Their way of ensuring the hotel isnt wall to wall with no paying tourists and kids. complete ripoff

The snowboarding in the centre is good actually so spend your night snowboarding
...... and the standard of grammar is bad too............
Old Sep 15th 2009, 3:42 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a fan of the Burj, but if you were paying the rooms prices that they charge would you be OK with bus loads of tourists wandering around while you are trying to have a holiday?

Last time I took some visitors there it was 50 Euro entry, that is all redeemable in the bar.

Last edited by NorthernLad; Sep 15th 2009 at 3:56 am.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 3:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

since when can you pay to enter the hotel...? as far as i was aware, you had to have a reservation for drinks, afternoon tea or a meal...? or, a gold sirius card, lol...

MM, xx
Old Sep 15th 2009, 3:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
I'm not a fan of the Burj, but if you were paying the rooms prices that they charge would you be OK with bus loads of tourists wandering around while you are trying to have a holiday?
The way the Burj has been struggling, the bus loads can afford to stay there themselves..........
Old Sep 15th 2009, 3:58 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
The way the Burj has been struggling, the bus loads can afford to stay there themselves..........
A friend who used to work there said the hotel would need 100% occupancy for something like 75 years to break even since it was built.

I don't think they ever expected it to make profit - it's a bit like Concorde.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 4:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by commander
Oh my god, the places you mention are so typical of what has went wrong with Dubai and the type of people that have ****ed the place up.

What a pretentious load of overpriced crap...not surprising from a Laaandoner.

**** me mate..get a life
are u being serious? I dont get what's wrong with going to the Buddha Bar or Nobu for a top night out.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 4:09 am
Big Member

are u being serious? I dont get what's wrong with going to the Buddha Bar or Nobu for a top night out.
Nobu is one of the most over-rated places I've been to.

Last time I tried to get into Buddha bar I was stopped by the doormen. I wasn't wearing sunglasses and my shirt was too loose.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.