Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

I just don't believe this

I just don't believe this

Old Jan 29th 2009, 2:10 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I just don't believe this

Originally Posted by Alen1
BC,
Re the prawn thing: If the back seats are foldable, fold them forward, place the prawn in the 'U' lock in the floor and put the seat back upright, thereby locking seat and prawn into the 'U' lock.
I once had a pair of frog's legs locked into place like this. Had to drive with all the windows open for ages - until I found the bugger.
we shall walk away with our head held high, the poor guy who gets the car doesn't deserve to be stank out, the Boss does though
Old Jan 29th 2009, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
we shall walk away with our head held high, the poor guy who gets the car doesn't deserve to be stank out, the Boss does though
Yeah! Good on you BC.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 2:31 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alen1
Yeah! Good on you BC.
my pride will remain intact, it's been a tough month but we will get there!! I can't wait to post a - we have a job thread!
Old Jan 29th 2009, 3:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

my pride will remain intact, it's been a tough month but we will get there!! I can't wait to post a - we have a job thread!
I can start it for you now if you like...
Old Jan 30th 2009, 5:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

fingers crossed bc...

MM, xx
Old Jan 30th 2009, 5:21 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
fingers crossed bc...

MM, xx
thanks everyone
Old Jan 30th 2009, 5:22 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

hang in there BC, great that you're looking to the future and not dwelling on what has happened
Old Jan 30th 2009, 5:23 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by still.unsure
hang in there BC, great that you're looking to the future and not dwelling on what has happened
can't afford to look back it is too painful
Old Jan 31st 2009, 9:30 am
Concierge

went to the police station near the MOE, closed because it's Saturday, so we have no crime on Saturdays? told me to go down to Satwa one but I have come down with flu so I just came home
Old Jan 31st 2009, 10:16 am
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

went to the police station near the MOE, closed because it's Saturday, so we have no crime on Saturdays? told me to go down to Satwa one but I have come down with flu so I just came home
Sorry to appear thick but what do the Police have to do with getting your car cleaned?
Old Jan 31st 2009, 10:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

she wanted to get a police report as there is a little dent in the back to make sure she is covered when she takes back the "clean" car.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 10:42 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: I just don't believe this

I was wondering if she was going to have it reported stolen .

Imagine how many people must leave their cars in multistory car parks and then send a letter to the company saying "Left car in a Dubai car park, but I've suddenly had a lapse in memory and forgotten which one. Best of luck finding it, I'm sure it'll turn up sooner or later..."
Old Feb 1st 2009, 4:42 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by busybee2
she wanted to get a police report as there is a little dent in the back to make sure she is covered when she takes back the "clean" car.

yes your right, went again this morning but the said I had to go all the way down to Satwa, feel ill so that is out of the question. DH is on his way back up there to see if he can get the cheque, again
Old Feb 1st 2009, 5:34 am
Concierge

yes your right, went again this morning but the said I had to go all the way down to Satwa, feel ill so that is out of the question. DH is on his way back up there to see if he can get the cheque, again

yes as I predicted they would ask for a police report so Atilla is on his way back with the CLEAN car again. Will get report tomorrow if feeling any better. Wankers.