How posh are you?

Old Nov 23rd 2010, 1:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default How posh are you?

Having discovered Ethos is practically royalty just wondering how many other posh people there are on here?

And what makes someone posh? So here is a posh test (I have a bit of time to kill).

Do you have a regional accent?
Do you bank with Llyods?
Have you ever lived on a council estate?
Have you ever slept in bunkbeds (in your own house)?
Have you ever eaten ham eggs and chips on a Saturday?
Did you own a pair of wellies before they became fashionable but you don't work on a farm?
Do you know anyone called Tarquin, Chester, Fabian or Margaret?
Do you still call your mum and dad Mummy and Daddy?
Do you own a pair of cords?
Do your dogs sleep in the kitchen by the aga or on the bed with you?

Any other good tell tell signs of being posh or not as the case may be?
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 1:07 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How posh are you?

Do you prefer your fish and chips wrapped in newspaper?
Does your eldest son go to Eton or Harrow?
Do you prefer football or rugby?
Have you ever bowled a googly?
Enough for starters...
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 1:08 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Having discovered Ethos is practically royalty just wondering how many other posh people there are on here?

And what makes someone posh? So here is a posh test (I have a bit of time to kill).

Do you have a regional accent? yes
Do you bank with Llyods? no
Have you ever lived on a council estate? no
Have you ever slept in bunkbeds (in your own house)? holiday yes, home no (as only child that would have been very weird)
Have you ever eaten ham eggs and chips on a Saturday? as often as possible
Did you own a pair of wellies before they became fashionable but you don't work on a farm? yes, but did work on farms and lived in the country
Do you know anyone called Tarquin, Chester, Fabian or Margaret? Margaret yes, but that's not a posh name surely?
Do you still call your mum and dad Mummy and Daddy? good god no, never did either
Do you own a pair of cords? I have a blue cord suit - got it made here, it's well cool...
Do your dogs sleep in the kitchen by the aga or on the bed with you? the cats are in the bed (unfortunately)

Have you ever owned any Barbour clothing is the 100% give away question...

or obviously did you go to public school....
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 1:10 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Very.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 1:15 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a regional accent? Yes
Do you bank with Llyods? Yes
Have you ever lived on a council estate? Yes
Have you ever slept in bunkbeds (in your own house)? Yes
Have you ever eaten ham eggs and chips on a Saturday? Yes
Did you own a pair of wellies before they became fashionable but you don't work on a farm? Yes
Do you know anyone called Tarquin, Chester, Fabian or Margaret? Yes
Do you still call your mum and dad Mummy and Daddy? WTF! NO
Do you own a pair of cords? Yes
Do your dogs sleep in the kitchen by the aga or on the bed with you? Yes

Originally Posted by lionheart
Do you prefer your fish and chips wrapped in newspaper?
Does your eldest son go to Eton or Harrow?
Do you prefer football or rugby?
Have you ever bowled a googly?
Enough for starters...
Rugby

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Have you ever owned any Barbour clothing is the 100% give away question...

or obviously did you go to public school....
Yes and Yes

But I swear I aint posh
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 1:20 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a regional accent? No
Do you bank with Llyods? No (but I can spell it!)Have you ever lived on a council estate? No
Have you ever slept in bunkbeds (in your own house)? No
Have you ever eaten ham eggs and chips on a Saturday? No
Did you own a pair of wellies before they became fashionable but you don't work on a farm? Yes. And they were green
Do you know anyone called Tarquin, Chester, Fabian or Margaret? yes
Do you still call your mum and dad Mummy and Daddy? Not now
Do you own a pair of cords? Not here. Think I may have some Boden ones in the UK still though
Do your dogs sleep in the kitchen by the aga or on the bed with you? Cat owner
You forgot:
Have you ever owned a landrover (esp in UK)?
Do you hunt/shoot?
Do you ride?
Have you inherited quality furniture?
Do you say loo in place of toilet and napkin instead of serviette?

I wouldn't say I am posh, but I do sound as if I spent much of my childhood at the Pony Club...

-
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 1:21 pm