Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

How many life skills do you have?

How many life skills do you have?

Old Apr 15th 2014, 9:51 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many life skills do you have?

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'm 'busy' trying to find Senior Planning Managers for Saudi. Yeah. Sucks.

Stars have fascinated me since my Mum's feller bought a telescope. Within 20 minutes of him having it set up he got me to look through it, could see Saturn, the rings and the gaps between the rings and planet. It blew my 8(?)yr old mind.

Then he took me to meet Patrick Moore at some talk and see moon rock.
If I stay on in Morocco I'm going to get one of these:

How many life skills do you have?-telescope.jpg

Fully automated, so it tracks whatever object you've selected. The night sky here is fabulous, with clean air and very little light pollution.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 10:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
If I stay on in Morocco I'm going to get one of these:

Attachment 117083

Fully automated, so it tracks whatever object you've selected. The night sky here is fabulous, with clean air and very little light pollution.
Do it mate. A pal had one here and never used it, despite me asking to, then he sold it without telling me.

If I had the money I'd have one, but think my Mrs would be bored to tears with me showing her stars and planets!
Old Apr 15th 2014, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Yoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond repute

Do it mate. A pal had one here and never used it, despite me asking to, then he sold it without telling me.

If I had the money I'd have one, but think my Mrs would be bored to tears with me showing her stars and planets!
So when the romantics say "I'd give you the stars in the sky" really they're saying they're boring little anoraks?
Old Apr 15th 2014, 12:30 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

**** that shit, this is the true measure of whether or not you can do what’s necessary:

Fundamentals
1 Accept things you can’t change, have the courage to change the things you can, and have the wisdom to discern between the two.
2 Know when to walk away / shut up before you actually need to.
3 Understand and apply the Pareto principle.
4 Don’t sweat the small stuff.
5 Tell your spouse, lover, friend or kin that whatever s/he’s wearing really doesn’t look good on him/her without causing upset.
6 Spend less than your earn unless there’s an exceptionally good reason for doing otherwise.
7 Dress and behave appropriately for the job you want, not necessarily the one you have.
8 Mean what you say and say what you mean.
9 Lead by example.
10 Follow the Kindergarten Rules and acknowledge that pretty-much everything else is a refinement of them.

Life-Enhancing
11 Giggle during a really intense sex session.
12 Cook a meal that really, really pleases.
13 Leave work at the office.
14 Put a condom on without using your hands (only applies to half the population).
15 Change a nappy without subconsciously retaining the image and then involuntarily recalling it next time you’re served paneer and spinach curry.
16 Look after stuff.
17 Learn from mistakes.
18 Know how to properly tie your lover up.
19 Don’t waste time by being disorganised.
20 Laugh.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 12:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

4 Don’t sweat the small stuff.
That's hanging on my wall by the kitchen.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 12:54 pm
Hit 16's

That's hanging on my wall by the kitchen.
Its a good little book, too.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 1:01 pm
Account Closed

Its a good little book, too.
According to most, apart from this person;
What this flimsy "book" (one page=one chapter) offers is simply an opportunity for readers to confirm their own suspicions about what should matter in an overly-crowded individual lifespan. There is nothing here that an individual of average intelligence and average writing skills couldn't come up with on his or her own. In fact, having read the book, you're unlikely to remember any of its cliches', banalities, and truisms. If, on the other hand, you took 5-10 minutes a day to write down the things you value in life, you would be much the wiser.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 1:10 pm
Hit 16's

According to most, apart from this person;
In some ways I agree with the review, except that its all too easy to forget what's important and fail to see the wood for the trees. Most important stuff in life isn't (and can't be) revolutionary, and simple reminders and pointing out the bleeding obvious often helps. Lent the book to a friend who was going through a tough patch, and he said it actually made quite a difference by readjusting his perspective.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 1:14 pm
Account Closed

In some ways I agree with the review, except that its all too easy to forget what's important and fail to see the wood for the trees. Most important stuff in life isn't (and can't be) revolutionary, and simple reminders and pointing out the bleeding obvious often helps. Lent the book to a friend who was going through a tough patch, and he said it actually made quite a difference by readjusting his perspective.
Indeed. I just like reading the angry comments on Amazon.

'Who Moved My Cheese?' or something like that, was quite a good read.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 1:15 pm
Hit 16's

Indeed. I just like reading the angry comments on Amazon.

'Who Moved My Cheese?' or something like that, was quite a good read.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 2:03 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

you 2 need to get a room and order pink pina coladas :/
Old Apr 15th 2014, 2:22 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
you 2 need to get a room and order pink pina coladas :/
You missed out skill 14.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 2:30 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

You missed out skill 14.
you know I once knew a russian dame who could...
*shudder*
Old Apr 15th 2014, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

So if you can't: change tires and oil, basic DIY and garden work then are you a MetroSexual
Old Apr 15th 2014, 3:00 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
So if you can't: change tires and oil, basic DIY and garden work then are you a MetroSexual
Or Japanese.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.