Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

How cool! What were you doing 15 years ago?

How cool! What were you doing 15 years ago?

Old Aug 24th 2009, 5:50 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How cool! What were you doing 15 years ago?

Originally Posted by Dubaidog
August 1994 ...had already worked in Kuwait, Pakistan, Bahrain, USA & Saudi over the previous 5 years on single/rotational/oilfield trash status. Was 2 years into my first live-in job in Muscat, Oman. Married, no kids yet but had acquired one local breed Jebel dog. Free time spent on Rugby, Camping, Diving, Sailing, Partying... Work time spent in and out out of the desert. Happy days....
sounds just the life!!!
Old Aug 24th 2009, 5:54 pm
Arrrrrrgh!

Dubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by commander
sounds just the life!!!
Yeh...but now look what it's done to me!
Old Aug 24th 2009, 6:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benzonar
August 1994 I was on a Kibbutz in Israel having an elicit affair with a married Russian woman whose husband owned an M16.
I've still got that M16 so watch it.............
Old Aug 24th 2009, 6:21 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Preparing for my first year of boarding school.

Hmm...those were the glory days in many regards.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 6:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Preparing for my first year of boarding school.

Hmm...those were the glory days in many regards.
Give us a clue..... which school?
Old Aug 25th 2009, 12:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I was an art student getting ready to go to Reading festival- had pink hair and was wearing DMs, - I believe it was the Chillis headlining...can't quite remember though.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kittycat1
I was an art student getting ready to go to Reading festival- had pink hair and was wearing DMs, - I believe it was the Chillis headlining...can't quite remember though.
Living in a different house, in Dubai doing the same job.....................How boring!
Old Aug 25th 2009, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

Mr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Dean
Was that intro voice the late unlamented Gary Crowley of Capital Radio???
All those campaigners in the UK who demand a return to capital punishment have clearly never tuned to 95.8 where they'd realise that it is alive and well.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 4:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

August 1994 - I was doing puberty
Old Aug 25th 2009, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

Getting settled into ex-pat life - been in Doha for 6 months and was waiting with bated breath for the birth of my first child. Happy days.

N
Old Aug 25th 2009, 6:17 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

in fact i remember about 15 years ago i was seeing a WREN who had a tatoo of a panther growling into her errr growler and she called her minge 'suzy floo'
that was an education....
Old Aug 25th 2009, 6:26 am
Arrrrrrgh!

Dubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nic1
Getting settled into ex-pat life - been in Doha for 6 months and was waiting with bated breath for the birth of my first child. Happy days.

N
My first was born in Hammad hospital, Doha in '97. Men were not allowed into the delivery room (thankfully!) so while the action was occuring I spent the time in the ward room watching sport on TV and drinking the beers I had sumggled in.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

I was 21, so think that drink probably played a huge part!

Had a shit job, but was thin (sigh), still lived with my parents, so life was easy.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

riding around Northumberland listening to Mazzy Star probably,

sure she has a new album out any day too
Old Aug 25th 2009, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

I was a Press Officer at the Clyde Submarine Base, Faslane getting over a wedding that never happened (thank gawd).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.