Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

How cool! What were you doing 15 years ago?

How cool! What were you doing 15 years ago?

Old Aug 24th 2009, 12:07 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default How cool! What were you doing 15 years ago?

A mate just facebooked me with the title "What were you doing 15 years ago" and a link to a youtube vid... was a tad worried about what it may contain and it actually was this stunning vid of Mazzy Star...

Me and my mate were watching from behind the cameraman - recorded on the roof of EMI Records in Manchester Square in 1994. Brilliant band, amazing to see up close like that. Broke my heart that Hope Sandoval was snogging the face off Jim Reid from Jesus And Mary Chain most of the day...

I'd totally forgotten about that - really great blast from the past to be sent!

What were you doing 15 years ago today?
Old Aug 24th 2009, 12:14 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How cool! What were you doing 15 years ago?

Nothing so interesting!

In August 1994 I was working in Hampton Court, probably setting up EPPs and dating unsuitable men. Lovely office though. From one window a view of Bushey Park and deer and from the other Hampton Court Palace.

-
Old Aug 24th 2009, 12:28 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Trying not to think of my GCSEs probably
Old Aug 24th 2009, 12:46 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

August 1994 i think i was at HMS Collingwood in Fareham Hampshire, the weapon Engineering school of the Royal Navy, learning how to operate, maintain and engineer weapons...a skill that unbeknown to me at the time would come in very handy 8 years later..

happy days, lived in a house 198 Gosport Road in Fareham..we managed to fit a navy sized mattress into the cupboard under the stairs, and that is where anyone who 'pulled' got to take their shagpiece..

how horribly romantic..
Old Aug 24th 2009, 1:02 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

August 1994 - nothing exciting more boring, just writing up an EIS for proposed forestry operations in New South Wales.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

1994..I had a small bar/restaurant in Ibiza Town and a small property management business in San Antonio...........ah! the summers in Ibiza!!
Old Aug 24th 2009, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

This time 15 years ago I was asleep. This being 2am on a tuesday morning in NZ.

Last edited by Jeeper; Aug 24th 2009 at 2:09 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 2:18 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
A mate just facebooked me with the title "What were you doing 15 years ago" and a link to a youtube vid... was a tad worried about what it may contain and it actually was this stunning vid of Mazzy Star...

Me and my mate were watching from behind the cameraman - recorded on the roof of EMI Records in Manchester Square in 1994. Brilliant band, amazing to see up close like that. Broke my heart that Hope Sandoval was snogging the face off Jim Reid from Jesus And Mary Chain most of the day...

'fade into you' is one of the most beautiful songs ever, I fûcking love it completely.

Hmmm, 15 years ago? Probably going clubbing a LOT, taking a lot of drugs, doing a shitty job, was a lot thinner and going out with a real psycho bird, jaysus she was the works, full on psycho.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 3:34 pm
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Spugsy
'fade into you' is one of the most beautiful songs ever, I fûcking love it completely.

Hmmm, 15 years ago? Probably going clubbing a LOT, taking a lot of drugs, doing a shitty job, was a lot thinner and going out with a real psycho bird, jaysus she was the works, full on psycho.
Psycho you say? Nothing compared to my last three ex's... All three of them where psycho.. Writing a book aboit it. As I sometimes wonder why on earth did I date them... Especially the last one. She was a crazy maniac psycho who almost cost me my job. Can't forget the moment she put in a harrasment report that I punched her, smashed her face to the wall during working hours. Mind you she is the receptionist. I must have been so quick and silent
Old Aug 24th 2009, 3:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I'd just completed my first tour of duty in Saudi, and had gone home to enjoy the delights of my new born son............
Old Aug 24th 2009, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Amnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really nice

In August 1994 I was 7 years old. Probably on my school holidays and like to have been out on the street playing on my bike, or roller blades.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 4:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy

Was that intro voice the late unlamented Gary Crowley of Capital Radio???
Old Aug 24th 2009, 5:13 pm