homeschooling in Dubai

Old Nov 20th 2013, 9:30 am
Just Joined

FlibJib is an unknown quantity at this point
Default homeschooling in Dubai

Hello everyone

I will be moving to Dubai to join my husband in January with my 3 children (2,6 and 7 yrs). Our placement there is likely to be less than a year so I will be homeschooling my children. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on homeschooling? Are there any other homeschooling mums out there? I am a qualified teacher so I'm happy with the UK curriculum but we will probably be moving around a bit so do you have any suggestions on a broader curriculum that will fit into International schools?

Sorry for the large amount of questions, thanks in advance for any advice

Old Nov 20th 2013, 10:07 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: homeschooling in Dubai

welcome to BE, my friend home schools here
Old Nov 20th 2013, 11:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by FlibJib
Hello everyone

I will be moving to Dubai to join my husband in January with my 3 children (2,6 and 7 yrs). Our placement there is likely to be less than a year so I will be homeschooling my children. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on homeschooling? Are there any other homeschooling mums out there? I am a qualified teacher so I'm happy with the UK curriculum but we will probably be moving around a bit so do you have any suggestions on a broader curriculum that will fit into International schools?

Sorry for the large amount of questions, thanks in advance for any advice

Others are better qualified to comment, but have you considered the tax situation of being here less than a year? note; this is on the assumption you're coming from and returning to the UK.

No idea about homeschooling though....sorry!
Old Nov 20th 2013, 11:21 am
Just Joined

FlibJib is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the Welcome Blue Cat

Scamp, we are not entirely sure on our plans yet and my husband deals with all the tax situation, but I doubt we will be returning to the UK soon. Thanks for the heads up.