Hive Shutdown

Old Mar 11th 2010, 4:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hive Shutdown

Originally Posted by co durham boy
I might have just caught it on bad night, it must have been 'w**kers night' when i was in.
I got the feeling that it was 'w**kers night' every night....!
of course it was. it is in Dubai
on the same subject, is the BE quiz team still running?
Old Mar 11th 2010, 7:12 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

49'ers in Abu Dhabi shut last year for 2 months because they "didn't have the correct trading licence". Yeah, right. Internecine conflicts?
Old Mar 11th 2010, 8:02 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

All this 'anyone who ever goes anywhere nice in Dubai is a pretentious wanker' stuff is really dull & boring.

-
Old Mar 11th 2010, 8:21 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
All this 'anyone who ever goes anywhere nice in Dubai is a pretentious wanker' stuff is really dull & boring.

-
What can I tell you...

You can't buy class......
Old Mar 11th 2010, 9:18 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
What can I tell you...

Really? Right, I'm asking for my money back right now.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 9:24 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
What can I tell you...

And how many times do you need to keep demonstrating this?
-
Old Mar 11th 2010, 9:50 am
Hit 16's

And how many times do you need to keep demonstrating this?
-
Meow, are those bondage straps on your arms?
Old Mar 11th 2010, 10:46 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Meow, are those bondage straps on your arms?
and it was all going so well until....
Old Mar 11th 2010, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

-
I was thinking the same thing.....I get so fed up when people say that.

I go to the same sort of restaurants regardless of which country I am in.. I like to go to restaurants with good service, great food and a nice atmosphere..I choose not to go for dinner in a foodcourt..no other reason than they don't have a booze license..I choose not to have dinner in Satwa sitting beside a busy road or inside with bright lights and possible unsanitary health practices.........I enjoy indulging in nice things, If I fancy drinking champagne when I go out then it is my choice to pay over the odds out here for it..if I want to order a bottle of wine that costs 400 dhs it is my choice..I do it because it is my wine of choice..the key word here is CHOICE..... I choose how I spend my money, I choose the places I go and I would rather spend 495dhs for an Al Qasr brunch, which in my opinion is 1 of the best brunches around, than spend 195dhs on a brunch that MAY not have the same quality of food, standard of service, and atmosphere. But as I said ..MY CHOICE

I don't call people who choose different types of restaurants/bars/wine common w*nkers, so please afford me the same courtesy.
thank you
xxxx
Old Mar 11th 2010, 3:03 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned

I go to the same sort of restaurants regardless of which country I am in.. I like to go to restaurants with good service, great food and a nice atmosphere..I choose not to go for dinner in a foodcourt..no other reason than they don't have a booze license..I choose not to have dinner in Satwa sitting beside a busy road or inside with bright lights and possible unsanitary health practices.........I enjoy indulging in nice things, If I fancy drinking champagne when I go out then it is my choice to pay over the odds out here for it..if I want to order a bottle of wine that costs 400 dhs it is my choice..I do it because it is my wine of choice..the key word here is CHOICE..... I choose how I spend my money, I choose the places I go and I would rather spend 495dhs for an Al Qasr brunch, which in my opinion is 1 of the best brunches around, than spend 195dhs on a brunch that MAY not have the same quality of food, standard of service, and atmosphere. But as I said ..MY CHOICE

I don't call people who choose different types of restaurants/bars/wine common w*nkers, so please afford me the same courtesy.
thank you
xxxx
If you are spending your own money that you have earned from your own hard work then I agree. Unfortunately, there are many in Dubai who spend money that is neither their own or else is on credit. Not so cool.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Max the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really nice

thank you
xxxx
Agreed..... I dont like Waxy's does that mean I'm pretentious?
Old Mar 11th 2010, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
If you are spending your own money that you have earned from your own hard work then I agree. Unfortunately, there are many in Dubai who spend money that is neither their own or else is on credit. Not so cool.
It is not only people in Dubai that live on credit, I just don't understand why some people sound so bitter here.
There are so many people living their lives,within their means, enjoying the benefits that Dubai offers, having the opportunity to have bigger cars/larger homes/home help/ etc. At the end of it all why shouldn't we be able to do this without being called "pretentious wankers"

http://www.creditaction.org.uk/debt-statistics.html

Total UK personal debt at the end of January 2010 stood at £1,463bn.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Max the Dog
Agreed..... I dont like Waxy's does that mean I'm pretentious?
according to some people...yes!
If I still lived in the UK..which I haven't for almost 20 years..I would not frequent a place like Waxy's..I would not choose to drink in the "public bar" within a pub, I choose the "lounge bar" side.
I was a Landlady for almost 20 years in the UK and believe me I have seen some rough "public bars" I have done relief work in some of the roughest pubs in Slough.
I have had pubs/restaurants in Weybridge, Dartford, South London ( the rougher areas) and Ascot area in Berkshire, I know where I prefer to be..give me Weybridge and Ascot everytime.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Max the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really nice

If I still lived in the UK..which I haven't for almost 20 years..I would not frequent a place like Waxy's..I would not choose to drink in the "public bar" within a pub, I choose the "lounge bar" side.
I was a Landlady for almost 20 years in the UK and believe me I have seen some rough "public bars" I have done relief work in some of the roughest pubs in Slough.
I have had pubs/restaurants in Weybridge, Dartford, South London ( the rougher areas) and Ascot area in Berkshire, I know where I prefer to be..give me Weybridge and Ascot everytime.
Are you a personsal trainer PS?
Old Mar 11th 2010, 5:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

these people who do the whole, "err...it's not real people"...are basically those people who are members of the working mens' clubs at home or equivalents...basically working class people bordering on "common"...

sad they all have these massive chips on their shoulders...if you're working class, not a problem, go with it...but they all clearly have a problem...and the more scots they are, the worse it is...

MM, xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.