Highest Paid Footballer

Highest Paid Footballer

Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:53 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Highest Paid Footballer

Originally Posted by Spugsy
who is your team anyway? City?
My mother always told me never to discuss religion with strangers.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:58 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jason4004
Pure talent it as to be Gazza. He would have been a legend if is wasn't for injuries. Oh and he should have been a Man Utd player!
....Or the fact he was a complete arse ! But you cant compare him with some of the players today, the likes of Ronaldo, Rooney, Torres, and the like.

Let's face it he stood out at the time largely because he played for two very average sides in Newcastle and Spurs, did nothing in Italy (largely due to injury), and then did well for a Rangers team who only had Celtic to compete against

Granted he scored a few good free kicks, and played well in Italia 90, but wasnt as talented as he thought he was..
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:00 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Who? And who on earth said that Gazza was pure class...an over-rated fatty more like. The best technician I have ever had the pleasure to watch in my lifetime (which includes George Best) was Georgie Kinkladze, a pure genius whom few of you will probably remember. My most enjoyable moment was watching England thrash Scotland 5-1 at Wembley with Gerry Francis among the scorers. That and watching my team beat Huddersfield 10-1 but that was in a lower league.
Lionheart, you on the glue sniffing again ?.....Pleeeaaasse, Georgie Kinkladze, Im splitting my sides with laughter....even I would have stood out as a decent player in that Man City side.......lol
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:12 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by BangleMan
Lionheart, you on the glue sniffing again ?.....Pleeeaaasse, Georgie Kinkladze, Im splitting my sides with laughter....even I would have stood out as a decent player in that Man City side.......lol
Right you can start on me now.......best player I have seen, and you never knew what you were going to get from one week to the next, but without fail every week, he would produce a piece of skill that got you out of your seat, or would score a goal that got took your breath away......Paolo Di Canio !

I remember, we were playing against Barnsley at home, and were 3-0 down, and then managed to get back to 3-3 and got a penalty midway through 2nd half which Di Canio wanted to take, but Frank Lampard had the ball and was walking towards the penalty spot. Di Canio went up to Lampard, and like two school kids wrestled for the ball.....Redknapp shouted from the dug out for Lampard to take it, so Di Canio on hearing this stormed off and sat cross legged on the touchline with his back to the pitch....Lampard scored, and they eventually managed to talk Di Canio back onto the pitch.... mad a a hatter, but pure class as a footballer
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:22 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

....Or the fact he was a complete arse ! But you cant compare him with some of the players today, the likes of Ronaldo, Rooney, Torres, and the like.

Let's face it he stood out at the time largely because he played for two very average sides in Newcastle and Spurs, did nothing in Italy (largely due to injury), and then did well for a Rangers team who only had Celtic to compete against

Granted he scored a few good free kicks, and played well in Italia 90, but wasnt as talented as he thought he was..
he was englands best player for years, and spurs were hardly average back then either.

He was better than tony cottee

Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:24 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Right you can start on me now.......best player I have seen, and you never knew what you were going to get from one week to the next, but without fail every week, he would produce a piece of skill that got you out of your seat, or would score a goal that got took your breath away......Paolo Di Canio !

I remember, we were playing against Barnsley at home, and were 3-0 down, and then managed to get back to 3-3 and got a penalty midway through 2nd half which Di Canio wanted to take, but Frank Lampard had the ball and was walking towards the penalty spot. Di Canio went up to Lampard, and like two school kids wrestled for the ball.....Redknapp shouted from the dug out for Lampard to take it, so Di Canio on hearing this stormed off and sat cross legged on the touchline with his back to the pitch....Lampard scored, and they eventually managed to talk Di Canio back onto the pitch.... mad a a hatter, but pure class as a footballer
I LOVED Di canio, read his autobiography, he was a crazy right wing italian but he was just awesome, a real privilegs watching him play, the man is a legend.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:02 am
why ayeeeee man!

from todays skysports:

Spanish reports claim Real Madrid have decided to offer Manchester United a world-record £100million for Cristiano Ronaldo.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:07 am
Account Closed

You took the words right out of my mouth...mad as a hatter. Next please.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:08 am
Account Closed

from todays skysports:

Spanish reports claim Real Madrid have decided to offer Manchester United a world-record £100million for Cristiano Ronaldo.
Please sell him...
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:09 am
Account Closed

he was englands best player for years, and spurs were hardly average back then either.

Tony Cottee...haha! Mind you, a certain Glen Hoddle was pretty good on his day.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:14 am
Hammer for Life

Maybe better than Tony Cottee, but not as good as Glenn Roeder or Wille McFaul .....lol
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:15 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by lionheart
You took the words right out of my mouth...mad as a hatter. Next please.
Would have thought that would have endeared him to you ??
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:17 am
Hammer for Life

from todays skysports:

Why would Man U want to sell him....he's the best player on the planet, and more to the point why would he want to go, he already plays for the biggest club and in the best league in the world ?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:35 am
Account Closed

Why would Man U want to sell him....he's the best player on the planet, and more to the point why would he want to go, he already plays for the biggest club and in the best league in the world ?
Not quite the biggest club but probably the best league. It's simply because he is a con artist with all his theatrical diving. Other young players are copying him so better get rid and spend the dosh on better quality in my view.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:54 am
why ayeeeee man!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.