British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Highest Paid Footballer (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/highest-paid-footballer-527815/)

lionheart Apr 8th 2008 4:42 pm

Highest Paid Footballer

According to Al Jazeerah News, the highest paid footballer in the world is...David Beckham... he doesn' t even rank in the worlds Top 100 players in my view. He must therefore be much brighter than he sounds when he opens his mouth.

BangleMan Apr 8th 2008 4:54 pm

Re: Highest Paid Footballer

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6178728)
According to Al Jazeerah News, the highest paid footballer in the world is...David Beckham... he doesn' t even rank in the worlds Top 100 players in my view. He must therefore be much brighter than he sounds when he opens his mouth.

Maybe he is on the wane, but even now, if the rest of the England team tried half as much as he does every time he steps on a football pitch, and showed the same passion for wearing the 3 Lions shirt, despite all his wealth and fame, we would win every competition we went in for !!

Whatever you think of him, his wife, or his eloquence (and he has improved about 100% from when he first came on the scene with regards public speaking . interviews), he's a fantastic role model, consumate professional and puts a lot back into football, certainly in London for under priveleged kids, with his soccer schools, and regularly attends them / coaches there

He could teach a lot of footballers a thing or two, ...and no Im not a Man U fan or a Spice Girls fan, before you say it...

MataHari Apr 8th 2008 4:56 pm

I like him and I like her...they seem like a fun couple...and I think it's very hard to function being in the limelight as they are...

ScotsExpat Apr 8th 2008 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 6178788)
Maybe he is on the wane, but even now, if the rest of the England team tried half as much as he does every time he steps on a football pitch, and showed the same passion for wearing the 3 Lions shirt, despite all his wealth and fame, we would win every competition we went in for !!

Whatever you think of him, his wife, or his eloquence (and he has improved about 100% from when he first came on the scene with regards public speaking . interviews), he's a fantastic role model, consumate professional and puts a lot back into football, certainly in London for under priveleged kids, with his soccer schools, and regularly attends them / coaches there

He could teach a lot of footballers a thing or two, ...and no Im not a Man U fan or a Spice Girls fan, before you say it...

Oh dear, BM, and last night you came across as such a bright young man!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

BangleMan Apr 8th 2008 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat (Post 6179242)
Oh dear, BM, and last night you came across as such a bright young man!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Shall we discuss a famous Scottish footballer then......umm, er, urrmm.......?

Confucius Apr 8th 2008 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 6179507)
Shall we discuss a famous Scottish footballer then......umm, er, urrmm.......?

Gordon Strachan...A legend...

lionheart Apr 8th 2008 8:42 pm

Excellent results for Liverpool and Chelsea in the Quarter Finals of the Champions League this evening. Congratulations to all concerned, especially the Reds who were 1-2 down and fought back to beat Arsenal 4-2.

BangleMan Apr 8th 2008 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 6179518)

He's a ginger tosser, give me a break !

BangleMan Apr 8th 2008 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6179760)
Excellent results for Liverpool and Chelsea in the Quarter Finals of the Champions League this evening. Congratulations to all concerned, especially the Reds who were 1-2 down and fought back to beat Arsenal 4-2.

And we can now look forward to yet another dire semi final between these two............Im not biased against Chelsea.....I dont care who beats them !

BangleMan Apr 8th 2008 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 6179518)

What about Archie Gemmill ?.....Jimmy Johnstone ?..........class ....lol

Confucius Apr 8th 2008 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 6179785)
What about Archie Gemmill ?.....Jimmy Johnstone ?..........class ....lol

You're talking to me as if I'm a real Scot...

BangleMan Apr 8th 2008 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 6179799)
You're talking to me as if I'm a real Scot...

I didnt know you were a real anything ?

Spugsy Apr 9th 2008 4:42 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6178728)

of course he is, he signed a deal thats worth £250m. It's all about 'Brand Beckham' and getting people interested in the game over there, Real Madrid are miles worse off now as they don't sell half as many shirts as when he was there, all the girls slide off their seats when they see him and even the blokes love him.

Spugsy Apr 9th 2008 4:43 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 6178788)

Good result for you last night fella.

:)

Spugsy Apr 9th 2008 4:43 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6178800)
I like him and I like her...they seem like a fun couple...and I think it's very hard to function being in the limelight as they are...

I read somewhere that she's the most photographed woman in the world, it must be extremely hard, especially when you've got 3 kids as well.