Here we go again

Old Jul 20th 2013, 7:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Here we go again

about three weeks ago, my maid found a really pissed british women asleep outside our house at 6.45am on a Tuesday. The pissed women was apparently trying to get back to the Marina. Makes you wonder just how stupid these people are.

I was totally shocked - the maid should have been cleaning the car at that time not giving my chilled water to random pissed slappers asleep on the drive.
Old Jul 20th 2013, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/utenriks/mi...artid=10112152 followup story, she's been fired from her job, by none other than Janet Jackson's husband.

BTW Millhouse, is that "slappers" in the plural sense to go with both instances of "women"? I can't tell if you've been masquerading as a second language speaker all this time.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 2:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! I wonder if the guy who raped her has also lost his job?
The poor girl must be feeling terrified and scared - what a terrible ordeal to go through
Old Jul 21st 2013, 2:49 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Reading stories like this once in a while help to remind us exactly where we stand and that laws are not made to protect individuals like in the UK.

Horrific what has happened her, I just wonder what goes through the judges minds when they pass the verdict, do they see it as just or a case of not being able to give what is a morally right decision?
Old Jul 21st 2013, 3:06 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
or a case of not being able to give what is a morally right decision?
Hopefully that. Then behind the scenes, they can hopefully try to initiate changes to the laws. If the judges believe this is the correct decision then there is no hope
Old Jul 21st 2013, 4:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Tragic story.

Just to add my two pence, I think whether pissed or not there is no excuse.

Yes, cases like this generally involve alcohol but that doesn't suddenly make her less of a victim in this. If one of my sisters was stone cold sober, pissed, merry or utterly ****ing smashed, I wouldn't expect any of them to feel any more or less safe getting home without being raped.

It's deplorable to think that any human deems it a mitigating factor for the man involved.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Tragic story.

Yes, cases like this generally involve alcohol but that doesn't suddenly make her less of a victim in this. If one of my sisters was stone cold sober, pissed, merry or utterly ****ing smashed, I wouldn't expect any of them to feel any more or less safe getting home without being raped.

It's deplorable to think that any human deems it a mitigating factor for the man involved.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 7:41 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Tragic story.

Unfortunately it seems to be a fact of life though. There is no way you can completely cut out the risks of being raped or attacked, but you can try and avoid to find yourself in a situation that might be risky, and getting drunk clouds your judgement so therefore putting yourself at risk...just going around saying as a woman I have a right to be drunk and do whatever I want isn't really going to make you safe. It's naive to think that that's how things work, not just here but anywhere in the world. Here there is the added issue of the law not being on your side when something like this happens.
For every man who thinks like Scamp, there is another one who feels the opposite way, and you never know until it's too late which type of guy you are dealing with.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 7:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by MataHari
Unfortunately it seems to be a fact of life though. There is no way you can completely cut out the risks of being raped or attacked, but you can try and avoid to find yourself in a situation that might be risky, and getting drunk clouds your judgement so therefore putting yourself at risk...just going around saying as a woman I have a right to be drunk and do whatever I want isn't really going to make you safe. It's naive to think that that's how things work, not just here but anywhere in the world. Here there is the added issue of the law not being on your side when something like this happens.
For every man who thinks like Scamp, there is another one who feels the opposite way, and you never know until it's too late which type of guy you are dealing with.
I can't really disagree, but I don't think it works both ways.

A guy wouldn't get let off with saying "sorry, I was a bit pissed and got a little heavy handed when I was trying to sleep with her".

I agree that there are unfortunately a lot of people who are bastards and happy enough to commit crimes like rape...maybe drunk women are easier targets for them? But is that the womans fault? Surely being attractive is a better target?

I'm finding it hard to articulate what I think about this...I guess my main thought is that I thinks it's tragic that women should ever have to be careful about how they look, what they do, how much they drink, where they go alone etc...Women need to worry about those things for fear of being touched up or raped? It's disgusting.

My Mrs rang me almost in tears a while ago. She was waiting for me to collect her from Al Quoz after she'd handed back her hire car. She ended up running out of the place across to the petrol station by Lulu's because four blokes had followed her around and started talking to her and asking her all sorts of random questions....she had little other option but to be there in her school teaching PE kit and wait 10 minutes for me. She berated herself because she "should have known better" and "forgot her tracksuit bottoms" but I couldn't get my head around the need for her to have to be so careful for fear of a creepy bastards trying it on.

Makes me feel sick.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 7:59 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

I'm finding it hard to articulate what I think about this
Actually I think you've done a pretty good job so far. I don't know of a single man (thats a friend of mine) who would disagree with what you say.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 8:07 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

My Mrs rang me almost in tears a while ago. She was waiting for me to collect her from Al Quoz after she'd handed back her hire car. She ended up running out of the place across to the petrol station by Lulu's because four blokes had followed her around and started talking to her and asking her all sorts of random questions....she had little other option but to be there in her school teaching PE kit and wait 10 minutes for me. She berated herself because she "should have known better" and "forgot her tracksuit bottoms" but I couldn't get my head around the need for her to have to be so careful for fear of a creepy bastards trying it on.
Well when you have this sort of comment from the elders/leaders of their communities, what do you expect?
One cleric and tribal elder said the ban would be publicised using local mosques' loudspeakers.

"We have decided that women will not visit bazaars without a male relative," the cleric, Maulana Mirzaqeem, was quoted as telling AFP news agency.
"Those who will visit markets without male relatives will be handed over to police.
"They spread vulgarity and spoil men's fasting in Ramadan."
So, it's all a woman's fault then is it? What a load of bollocks. If you pardon the pun.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Well when you have this sort of comment from the elders/leaders of their communities, what do you expect?
One cleric and tribal elder said the ban would be publicised using local mosques' loudspeakers.

So, it's all a woman's fault then is it? What a load of bollocks. If you pardon the pun.
Most taxi/truck drivers in the Gulf are from that part of Pakistan. And predictably enough, both comments in GulfNews under that article supports the move
Old Jul 21st 2013, 8:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kix

Yeah, it's mental.

BUT, I get the fact we're in a state/region that is light years behind in terms of attitude towards women...I also accept that some guys over here will be lucky to see let alone interact with many/any women but none of this makes certain behavior deemed as threatening or uncomfortable for a women acceptable in my eyes.

Again; BUT, I understand that in some eyes in this region and it's particular religion that it IS acceptable and they won't understand my point of view properly.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 8:27 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Again; BUT, I understand that in some eyes in this region and it's particular religion that it IS acceptable and they won't understand my point of view properly.
I guess, playing devil's advocate here, we don't understand theirs.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 8:33 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kix
I guess, playing devil's advocate here, we don't understand theirs.
Indeed. That's what I was getting at.

I had a row with a mate over the weekend. He GUARANTEED a result in something...which I correctly said was A: Unlikely and B: Impossible to guarantee.

He didn't understand so I just GUARANTEED the complete opposite. His poor little brain went into overdrive trying to tell me I was wrong and not being able to compute that I was just saying the same thing as him. Very funny.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.