Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Help ! What to do for fun in Riyadh ..

Help ! What to do for fun in Riyadh ..

Old Mar 23rd 2014, 1:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help ! What to do for fun in Riyadh ..

You could take up sodomy as a hobby.
Old Apr 4th 2014, 1:03 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Originally Posted by OleJanx
The best still I've seen was made with the copper tubing from an old wall-banger air conditioner.
Mr bb says they used to use old car radiators as a "condenser" (?) in his days in Kuwait
Old Apr 4th 2014, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Mr bb says they used to use old car radiators as a "condenser" (?) in his days in Kuwait
It's the same thinking - the air con set up I admired was in Kuwait, so seemingly a popular way of dealing with deadly dull fridays.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Copper-Alc...item43c7c48961

A bit like this gem off eBay...

Last edited by OleJanx; Apr 4th 2014 at 1:31 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2014, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

There's always a 'family day' at one of the embassies tomorrow. I'm always up for face painting!
Old Apr 4th 2014, 2:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beakersful
There's always a 'family day' at one of the embassies tomorrow. I'm always up for face painting!
Or should that be "off your face" painting?
Old Apr 4th 2014, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

I expected that at first given which embassy it is holding the event, and was hoping the "family" part of the event meant "something for all the family", but sadly I think it'll be as frustrating close, yet far as the amount of attention the customs guy gave to to several packs of Schweppes Ginger Ale I brought back from the UAE last trip.
Old Sep 5th 2014, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

faiz_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Help ! What to do for fun in Riyadh ..

evn though i am in one of the best compound here life here sucks! riyadh is a good place to work and the worst place to live!

it is friday evning and see this is what i do , browsing gaming and not getting out of ma house
Old Sep 7th 2014, 5:30 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of negativity here about Riyadh. Once you get to know a group of people it's actually a pretty good place. Pool parties, BBQs, good for kids etc. If you sit at home telling yourself how crap it is it's not going to get better anytime soon. Got to put yourself out and about and get to know people.