Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

help to change Abercrombie & Fitch's brand message

help to change Abercrombie & Fitch's brand message

Old May 15th 2013, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down help to change Abercrombie & Fitch's brand message

Old May 16th 2013, 4:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: help to change Abercrombie & Fitch's brand message

Great video. Great idea. Shit company that deserve to be punished.

The clothes they produce are ****ing awful as well.

Are Hollister the same company? They could do with the same treatment...
Old May 16th 2013, 5:03 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Are Hollister the same company? They could do with the same treatment...
They are yes.

Can't watch the video at work, so apologies if this is part of it, but wasn’t there a story in the UK a little while ago a girl who worked in one of their stores who was an amputee from the elbow down on one arm, and as this didn’t fit the Abercrombie brand image she wasn’t allowed to be customer facing?

Also, (and again apologies if cover in the video) they’re going to be opening a Dubai store next year, will be interesting to see how the adapt their stores to fit in with local cultural sensitivities – I don’t expect there’ll be the good looking semi-naked models on the door or prancing around insides the stores for example.
Old May 16th 2013, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

A&F is pretentious artificial vain git of a brand .
I thought that what the fella in the video is doing is insulting to the homeless.
Old May 16th 2013, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
They are yes.

Can't watch the video at work, so apologies if this is part of it, but wasn’t there a story in the UK a little while ago a girl who worked in one of their stores who was an amputee from the elbow down on one arm, and as this didn’t fit the Abercrombie brand image she wasn’t allowed to be customer facing?

Also, (and again apologies if cover in the video) they’re going to be opening a Dubai store next year, will be interesting to see how the adapt their stores to fit in with local cultural sensitivities – I don’t expect there’ll be the good looking semi-naked models on the door or prancing around insides the stores for example.
..and all the poser/wannabees/kids who think they are oh soo cool will line up to get in.
Can't believe people fall for such blatant marketing. I can understand if they are the only brand that fit a person well, cause some people have odd measurements.
Old May 16th 2013, 5:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
A&F is pretentious artificial vain git of a brand .
I thought that what the fella in the video is doing is insulting to the homeless.
I sort of see where you are coming from but dishing out clothes is no different to dishing our sarnies etc.

Or are you saying that it's insulting because he's using them to promote his campaign against A&F..without really knowing what/why/how etc?
Old May 16th 2013, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

I sort of see where you are coming from but dishing out clothes is no different to dishing our sarnies etc.

Or are you saying that it's insulting because he's using them to promote his campaign against A&F..without really knowing what/why/how etc?
A&F doesn't want fat and ugly people wearing their clothes.This guy trying to stick it to A&F by using the homeless to do so, is essentially saying the homeless are unworthy.
Old May 16th 2013, 5:44 am
Account Closed

A&F doesn't want fat and ugly people wearing their clothes.This guy trying to stick it to A&F by using the homeless to do so, is essentially saying the homeless are unworthy.
I think that is a pretty cynical view of it all though to be honest. Homeless guy gets a free t-shirt and the guy making the video is making him look unworthy?
Old May 16th 2013, 5:51 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

It's not exclusive here they are selling shirts for less than 100 dhs in that sports outlet shop near the Gold and Diamond Park.
Old May 16th 2013, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

I think that is a pretty cynical view of it all though to be honest. Homeless guy gets a free t-shirt and the guy making the video is making him look unworthy?
The video guy is essentially saying the homeless are the opposite of what A&F strives for .
If giving free clothes was the issue, he coulda purchased much cheaper quality clothes and helped more homeless.
Old May 16th 2013, 6:10 am
Account Closed

The video guy is essentially saying the homeless are the opposite of what A&F strives for .
If giving free clothes was the issue, he coulda purchased much cheaper quality clothes and helped more homeless.
When was the last time you or I or Joe Bloggs bought clothes for the homeless though? Something is better than nothing, regardless of the person's motivation. Surely?
Old May 16th 2013, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

When was the last time you or I or Joe Bloggs bought clothes for the homeless though? Something is better than nothing, regardless of the person's motivation. Surely?
True something is better than nothing.
Haven't bought them clothes but have bought them food (likes pastries and such).
Old May 16th 2013, 7:09 am
Account Closed

True something is better than nothing.
Haven't bought them clothes but have bought them food (likes pastries and such).
I'm not completely disagreeing with you. I think the message of hate against A&F is a very first world problem...fatties don't fit.

But the upshoot is, some homeless folk might get extra clothes out of it.

Swings and roundabouts I guess mate.
Old May 16th 2013, 7:27 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not completely disagreeing with you. I think the message of hate against A&F is a very first world problem...fatties don't fit.
Ha, I was just about to put I used to like A & F until i got too fat

Now I think they're *****
Old May 16th 2013, 7:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Ha, I was just about to put I used to like A & F until i got too fat

Now I think they're *****
I hated All Saints until they brought out XL.

I could almost squeeze into a Large but it was like wearing a crop top.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.