British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   help to change Abercrombie & Fitch's brand message (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/help-change-abercrombie-fitchs-brand-message-797127/)

Patsy Stoned May 15th 2013 3:58 pm

help to change Abercrombie & Fitch's brand message

scrubbedexpat141 May 16th 2013 4:47 am

Re: help to change Abercrombie & Fitch's brand message

Great video. Great idea. Shit company that deserve to be punished.

The clothes they produce are ****ing awful as well.

Are Hollister the same company? They could do with the same treatment...

the_red_sheep May 16th 2013 5:03 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10710139)
Are Hollister the same company? They could do with the same treatment...

They are yes.

Can't watch the video at work, so apologies if this is part of it, but wasn’t there a story in the UK a little while ago a girl who worked in one of their stores who was an amputee from the elbow down on one arm, and as this didn’t fit the Abercrombie brand image she wasn’t allowed to be customer facing?

Also, (and again apologies if cover in the video) they’re going to be opening a Dubai store next year, will be interesting to see how the adapt their stores to fit in with local cultural sensitivities – I don’t expect there’ll be the good looking semi-naked models on the door or prancing around insides the stores for example.

Boomhauer May 16th 2013 5:04 am

A&F is pretentious artificial vain git of a brand .
I thought that what the fella in the video is doing is insulting to the homeless.

Boomhauer May 16th 2013 5:10 am

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep (Post 10710150)
They are yes.

Can't watch the video at work, so apologies if this is part of it, but wasn’t there a story in the UK a little while ago a girl who worked in one of their stores who was an amputee from the elbow down on one arm, and as this didn’t fit the Abercrombie brand image she wasn’t allowed to be customer facing?

Also, (and again apologies if cover in the video) they’re going to be opening a Dubai store next year, will be interesting to see how the adapt their stores to fit in with local cultural sensitivities – I don’t expect there’ll be the good looking semi-naked models on the door or prancing around insides the stores for example.

..and all the poser/wannabees/kids who think they are oh soo cool will line up to get in.
Can't believe people fall for such blatant marketing. I can understand if they are the only brand that fit a person well, cause some people have odd measurements.

scrubbedexpat141 May 16th 2013 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 10710151)
A&F is pretentious artificial vain git of a brand .
I thought that what the fella in the video is doing is insulting to the homeless.

I sort of see where you are coming from but dishing out clothes is no different to dishing our sarnies etc.

Or are you saying that it's insulting because he's using them to promote his campaign against A&F..without really knowing what/why/how etc?

Boomhauer May 16th 2013 5:35 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10710154)
I sort of see where you are coming from but dishing out clothes is no different to dishing our sarnies etc.

Or are you saying that it's insulting because he's using them to promote his campaign against A&F..without really knowing what/why/how etc?

A&F doesn't want fat and ugly people wearing their clothes.This guy trying to stick it to A&F by using the homeless to do so, is essentially saying the homeless are unworthy.

scrubbedexpat141 May 16th 2013 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 10710172)
A&F doesn't want fat and ugly people wearing their clothes.This guy trying to stick it to A&F by using the homeless to do so, is essentially saying the homeless are unworthy.

I think that is a pretty cynical view of it all though to be honest. Homeless guy gets a free t-shirt and the guy making the video is making him look unworthy?

Blue Cat May 16th 2013 5:51 am

It's not exclusive here they are selling shirts for less than 100 dhs in that sports outlet shop near the Gold and Diamond Park.

Boomhauer May 16th 2013 6:02 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10710175)
I think that is a pretty cynical view of it all though to be honest. Homeless guy gets a free t-shirt and the guy making the video is making him look unworthy?

The video guy is essentially saying the homeless are the opposite of what A&F strives for .
If giving free clothes was the issue, he coulda purchased much cheaper quality clothes and helped more homeless.

scrubbedexpat141 May 16th 2013 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 10710205)
The video guy is essentially saying the homeless are the opposite of what A&F strives for .
If giving free clothes was the issue, he coulda purchased much cheaper quality clothes and helped more homeless.

When was the last time you or I or Joe Bloggs bought clothes for the homeless though? Something is better than nothing, regardless of the person's motivation. Surely?

Boomhauer May 16th 2013 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10710219)
When was the last time you or I or Joe Bloggs bought clothes for the homeless though? Something is better than nothing, regardless of the person's motivation. Surely?

True something is better than nothing.
Haven't bought them clothes but have bought them food (likes pastries and such).

scrubbedexpat141 May 16th 2013 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 10710241)
True something is better than nothing.
Haven't bought them clothes but have bought them food (likes pastries and such).

I'm not completely disagreeing with you. I think the message of hate against A&F is a very first world problem...fatties don't fit.

But the upshoot is, some homeless folk might get extra clothes out of it.

Swings and roundabouts I guess mate.

britexpat76 May 16th 2013 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10710298)
I'm not completely disagreeing with you. I think the message of hate against A&F is a very first world problem...fatties don't fit.

Ha, I was just about to put I used to like A & F until i got too fat :(

Now I think they're *****

scrubbedexpat141 May 16th 2013 7:29 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10710321)
Ha, I was just about to put I used to like A & F until i got too fat :(

Now I think they're *****

I hated All Saints until they brought out XL.

I could almost squeeze into a Large but it was like wearing a crop top.